PDA

View Full Version : any Checkpoints to New Mexico ? from Dallas Texas

john00
08-07-2011, 08:57 PM
First of all I would like to know are they still giving out driver licenses / IDs ?

if so.. driving from Dallas to New Mexico is there any Immigration Checkpoints ?

drock226
08-07-2011, 09:37 PM
First of all I would like to know are they still giving out driver licenses / IDs ?

if so.. driving from Dallas to New Mexico is there any Immigration Checkpoints ?

Yup they still are but are very strict. If you have an ITIN you need to make an appt. at the state DMV. It can take up to 3 months because they are so booked. Once you make your appt. you need to bring two forms of residence which a bank statement and a gas and electric bill can cover. A lease agreement could work too. For identity a passport will suffice.

Was just there a week ago, there were security checks by Las Cruces (Forgive me if I spelled that incorrectly). They stopped each and every car and asked if everyone was an American. Just act plainly and put a smile on and say yes. Try not to act nervous, you could say "Good morning etc" when you roll down your window, it lightens the mood.

Be safe and good luck!

john00
08-07-2011, 09:52 PM
I plan on going from dallas to wichita falls to armarillo to alberquerque ... instead thru juarez / las cruces... am I still at risk ?

drock226
08-07-2011, 10:04 PM
I plan on going from dallas to wichita falls to armarillo to alberquerque ... instead thru juarez / las cruces... am I still at risk ?

Its very hard to say because I know they will most likely change as to where the security checks are. One week might be where I told you it was but the next couple they probably will change it. El paso, Juarez and White Sands NM had a bunch of them. Their main concern though is drug trafficking.

Travel light, do not have a bunch of suit cases or bags in the car. As much as possible put all your stuff and or luggage in the trunk. They don't search each and every car. A lot of it depends on you too, if you give them any sort of doubt they will search your car most definitely.

Worst case scenario they search your car and ask for ID, just have a passport or a college ID and say you are just visiting some family in New Mexico. The key is to keep your reasons short and simple, no BS excuses.

Al in SoCal
08-07-2011, 10:28 PM
I think *stress that I think - i don't know* that permanent border checkpoints are public information.

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/border_security/border_patrol/border_patrol_sectors/

Click the section - then click "Stations"

john00
08-07-2011, 10:38 PM
I think *stress that I think - i don't know* that permanent border checkpoints are public information.

wow... says miami. i suppose to be going out there in 2 wks

drock226
08-07-2011, 10:45 PM
Well that's what happened to me a week ago.

john00
08-07-2011, 10:54 PM
damn if theirs checkpoint from dallas to miami.. im screwed............

john00
08-07-2011, 10:55 PM
could this be true ? i google it... and this came up - http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110627204209AA0nYIM

DreamerSD23
08-07-2011, 11:05 PM
Yup they still are but are very strict. If you have an ITIN you need to make an appt. at the state DMV. It can take up to 3 months because they are so booked. Once you make your appt. you need to bring two forms of residence which a bank statement and a gas and electric bill can cover. A lease agreement could work too. For identity a passport will suffice.

Was just there a week ago, there were security checks by Las Cruces (Forgive me if I spelled that incorrectly). They stopped each and every car and asked if everyone was an American. Just act plainly and put a smile on and say yes. Try not to act nervous, you could say "Good morning etc" when you roll down your window, it lightens the mood.

Be safe and good luck!

Not trying to be negative but...

whoa!!! Did you do the #1 thing on the no-no list by the USCIS? Claiming U.S. Citizenship?

Falsely claiming U.S. Citizenship is like automatic lifetime ban with no waiver.

I don't think even DREAM Act would cover that.

drock226
08-07-2011, 11:05 PM
could this be true ? i google it... and this came up - http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110627204209AA0nYIM

Why not take a plane?

john00
08-07-2011, 11:08 PM
no id... no driver license...

john00
08-07-2011, 11:11 PM
I looked online right now where the border patrol site says.. they would be at..

Florida
Miami Sector
Jacksonville, FL
Marathon, FL
Orlando, FL
Pembroke Pines, FL
Tampa, FL
West Palm Beach, FL

I looked on the map... from dallas to miami. and looks like i would not be going thru those cities really.. maybe drive like 30/mins from some of them like....Orlando and West Palm Beach... ( like I wont really drive on them.. )

drock226
08-07-2011, 11:20 PM

whoa!!! Did you do the #1 thing on the no-no list by the USCIS? Claiming U.S. Citizenship?

Falsely claiming U.S. Citizenship is like automatic lifetime ban with no waiver.

What would you have done in my position?

DreamerSD23
08-07-2011, 11:24 PM
I would have probably done the same to be honest :)

At least the officer you talked to probably won't even remember what you look like.

Sucks to be living like this though.

drock226
08-07-2011, 11:29 PM

I would have probably done the same to be honest :)

At least the officer you talked to probably won't even remember what you look like.

Sucks to be living like this though.

Yea it really does suck. Lately I've been so depressed in my situation. Being a dreamer can sometimes really mess with your head. Always feeling insecure and inferior. But you always gotta be hopeful for a better future.

drock226
08-07-2011, 11:31 PM
no id... no driver license...

Can you get one at all?

I don't mean to offend you but its probably not a good idea to travel until you get some sort of ID. That's just my opinion, I just don't like taking big risks.

john00
08-07-2011, 11:35 PM

Can you get one at all?

I don't mean to offend you but its probably not a good idea to travel until you get some sort of ID. That's just my opinion, I just don't like taking big risks.

was thinking of getting a new mexico one.. but if not most likely im still going ...

can't stay in the same city.. sucks living like this cuss my parents brought me here as a child... i know they wish the best.. but anyways.. i wanna go out live.. i know this city too damn good ...

drock226
08-07-2011, 11:45 PM
was thinking of getting a new mexico one.. but if not most likely im still going ...

can't stay in the same city.. sucks living like this cuss my parents brought me here as a child... i know they wish the best.. but anyways.. i wanna go out live.. i know this city too damn good ...

The issue is if you go to New Mexico to get a DL without any sort of ID you probably won't get a DL.

http://www.mvd.newmexico.gov/Drivers/Licensing/Pages/How-to-get-a-New-Mexico-Driver-License.aspx

They need at least 1 form of ID. And if you do not have a SS#, you'll need an ITIN.

john00
08-07-2011, 11:47 PM
The issue is if you go to New Mexico to get a DL without any sort of ID you probably won't get a DL.

http://www.mvd.newmexico.gov/Drivers/Licensing/Pages/How-to-get-a-New-Mexico-Driver-License.aspx

They need at least 1 form of ID. And if you do not have a SS#, you'll need an ITIN.

i can get the ' matricula mexicana ' i have the itin #
and a school id as something.. is old but maybe something...

i ma go next week.. to new mexico.. guess we gotta take these chances in life.. got to go and get it.. won't come to us ..

john00
08-07-2011, 11:48 PM
i might just get an id as it be faster.. than a license.. idk.. first gotta get to new mexico etc..

drock226
08-07-2011, 11:50 PM
i can get the ' matricula mexicana ' i have the itin #
and a school id as something.. is old but maybe something...

i ma go next week.. to new mexico.. guess we gotta take these chances in life.. got to go and get it.. won't come to us ..

The best wishes & luck to you

giovanni
12-29-2011, 04:13 AM
No check points, drove from NM to Plano Tx two days ago.

CB124
12-31-2011, 02:00 AM
lie and say you are a US citizen i say. If you tell the truth, then you are gonna get detained. If you lie, they can't technically check the ID of US citizens anyway. But if you are caught you are in a world of shit...but then again you are in a world of shit anyway given your status so no big loss

S4l
01-01-2012, 07:42 PM
It can take up to 3 months because they are so booked.
Why are they so booked? Are there that many people applying?

cali_guy_31
01-04-2012, 12:22 AM

I drove through that route (Dallas to Albuquerque) multiple times, never saw any kind of check point.