PDA

View Full Version : Proving that we are here on June 15th, 2012

Chyno
06-15-2012, 11:55 AM
Hey Dreamers,

I am reading the ICE document (Page 4 and 5) and it says we need to provide proof that we are here physically in the United States of America. http://www.ice.gov/doclib/about/offices/ero/pdf/faq-deferred-action-process.pdf

I am planning on depositing, and withdrawing money from my bank. Also I will buy something with my card at my local Walgreen.

I just wanted to inform you dreamers about this.

Please provide more input on how to provide this kind of proof.

Please correct me if I am wrong that we do not need this.

bertdude7
06-15-2012, 11:57 AM
Get a random document notarized, costs like 10 bucks and proves you were here, since they put down the exact date and time you signed.

Dres2011
06-15-2012, 11:58 AM
You just need proof you were here before today's date.

My highschool diploma should easily cover that.

Dres2011
06-15-2012, 12:00 PM
What documentation will be sufficient to demonstrate that an individual has resided in the United
States for a least five years preceding June 15, 2012?
Documentation sufficient for an individual to demonstrate that he or she has resided in the United States for at five years immediately preceding June 15, 2012, includes, but is not limited to: financial records, medical records, school records, employment records, and military records.

Well my HS diploma won't cover that, but my transcripts will!

freshh.
06-15-2012, 12:03 PM
I moved this to The Lounge, since there's no news article associated with this post.

I would think that visa overstays need only have their original visa and passport. EWIs would be a trickier situation. The notarization idea seems like it would work IMO.

xangal
06-15-2012, 12:03 PM
I have my shot records, I can get my school transcripts. I'm in total shock, I can't bring myself to tears. I promise though that if I'm lucky enough to get my work permit I will cry like a child for that entire day.

Chyno
06-15-2012, 12:05 PM
You just need proof you were here before today's date.

My highschool diploma should easily cover that.

My father said that same thing, I only need proof that I am here before today's date. I have proof from the 13th of this month. I was at the hospital because I broke my nose. But if you read the document it says we need proof that we are here physically on June 15th.

So we shouldn't worry to provide proof of today's date?

karenc1023
06-15-2012, 12:06 PM
i dont think there is nothing better than school records

xangal
06-15-2012, 12:07 PM
My father said that same thing, I only need proof that I am here before today's date. I have proof from the 13th of this month. I was at the hospital because I broke my nose. But if you read the document it says we need proof that we are here physically on June 15th.

preceding
they're saying before today's date.

Immigrant
06-15-2012, 12:09 PM
A Phone bill, a utility bill, any school document is good enough.

DreamBaybeh
06-15-2012, 12:11 PM
I think all you need is proof that you've been here before today- as someone already said, school records work great. Medical records, financial records, etc work fine too. It's all on that PDF from the ice website explaining the new policy, you can find it on the news section of the forum.

vmd
06-15-2012, 01:18 PM
So I'm a VO I just need my passport and visa?

nydreamer
06-15-2012, 01:23 PM
I got a letter notarized on June 7, 2012. Is that good enough?

Sonawabich
06-15-2012, 01:25 PM
I'll be buying the Time magazine today and get some stuff notarized

That is how i'll be celebrating :D

DreamBaybeh
06-15-2012, 01:27 PM
Oh I just realized it does say we have to prove we are present in the U.S. on THIS day. Hm, so maybe make some bank deposits? Buy something at the drug store? What's a good way to make it clear on your financial or medical records that you were here?

vmd
06-15-2012, 01:30 PM
In terms of getting something notarized.......what's a piece of document can I bring?

Imagine
06-15-2012, 01:35 PM
High school transcript, college transcript, bank statement(I've been using Wells Fargo for almost 5 years now)

Ja5219
06-15-2012, 01:37 PM
"Pursuant to the Secretary’s June 15, 2012, memorandum, in order to be eligible for deferred action,
individuals must:"

Have continuously resided in the United States for at least five years preceding the date of this
memorandum and are present in the United States on the date of this memorandum;

http://www.ice.gov/doclib/about/offices/ero/pdf/faq-deferred-action-process.pdf
---

Where in the world are you reading you must have a document dated TODAY only to apply. So 800,000 people are there are expected to notarize/get a document that shows them being here in the US? Uh...

Edit: well here it is.. i guess

What documentation will be sufficient to demonstrate that an individual was physically present in
the United States as of June 15, 2012?

Documentation sufficient for an individual to demonstrate that he or she was physically present on June
15, 2012, the date the memorandum was issued, includes, but is not limited to: financial records, medical
records, school records, employment records, and military records.

What do? I've been out of school since 2008, no job.. or anything.. currently.

xangal
06-15-2012, 01:38 PM
wow you're actually correct, but it's already summer here are schools even open to get transcripts?

Dres2011
06-15-2012, 01:40 PM
Can someone please copy the paragraph and paste it here?

xangal
06-15-2012, 01:40 PM
What documentation will be sufficient to demonstrate that an individual was physically present in
the United States as of June 15, 2012?

Documentation sufficient for an individual to demonstrate that he or she was physically present on June
15, 2012, the date the memorandum was issued, includes, but is not limited to: financial records, medical
records, school records, employment records, and military records.
I'm a little worried now, I have to think of something.

mexicansoccer14
06-15-2012, 01:41 PM
You guys dont know how picky these immigration officers are. "and are present in the United States on the date of this memorandum". Keyword and. You have to have shown that you are here on that date so I would suggest getting something notarized or going out an usin your credit card.

Dres2011
06-15-2012, 01:43 PM
I need ideas

What should I buy?

2Face
06-15-2012, 01:46 PM
THis is getting ridiculously confusing. If you are a Visa Overstayer, you shouldn't worry about this correct? I mean we have all our school records, credit card bills, etc but there isn't something specific about proving that we were here ON JUNE 15th is there???

DreamBaybeh
06-15-2012, 01:49 PM
Did you miss the quote above? It really looks like it says we really need to prove we're here TODAY- it's tricky because it says "as of June 15th." So just to be safe, you should do something in case they make it clear they want proof you are here today.

xangal
06-15-2012, 01:52 PM
do notaries provide fingerprint services?

2Face
06-15-2012, 01:52 PM
Did you miss the quote above? It really looks like it says we really need to prove we're here TODAY- it's tricky because it says "as of June 15th." So just to be safe, you should do something in case they make it clear they want proof you are here today.

Well..I'm going to charge my credit card ...i work at an office that does notarize documents...so they can do it for me any time if needed in the future.

vmd
06-15-2012, 01:55 PM
How exactly doe notarization works? What can you get notarized?

Dres2011
06-15-2012, 01:55 PM
Someone call Durbins office...

2Face
06-15-2012, 02:00 PM
How exactly doe notarization works? What can you get notarized?

Any piece of document. You need to have your ID with you and they'll make you sign it. Thats all.

vmd
06-15-2012, 02:02 PM
Any piece of document. You need to have your ID with you and they'll make you sign it. Thats all.

So can I bring a bank statement or deposit receipt and get that notarized?

mumblebee
06-15-2012, 02:09 PM
I got a random document that I got from school notarized. Although I'm a little confused bc the document is dated 5/32/12, so I asked the notary to put down today's date, so it can be certain that I got this document notarized today. But she only wrote it down in pen (thought it would be stamped in or something), so I'm not sure if this document (even though notarized) can effectively prove that I was here on this date.

Ja5219
06-15-2012, 02:31 PM
Can you properly get a school transcript paper notarized? Will the school do that or do you have to go somewhere?

I remember I had to do this to get my passport, they stamped it with that days date. Unfortunately its been 4 years that i've been out of school, not to mention it is summer vacation now.

Dres2011
06-15-2012, 02:39 PM
Fuck this shit, I am here on this day just like i've been every day for last 12 years.

danieltij
06-15-2012, 02:39 PM
so will using a credit card or depositing money into your bank account be enough?

Skye345
06-15-2012, 02:40 PM
so will using a credit card or depositing money into your bank account be enough?

yep, it is enough.

mumblebee
06-15-2012, 02:41 PM
What about ppl who don't have credit cards or accounts?? Ughhhhhh

Ja5219
06-15-2012, 02:42 PM
I don't have a bank account but I could make one.. but all this back and forth happiness and now worrying just gave me a massive headache. ugh

mexicansoccer14
06-15-2012, 02:43 PM
Im gonna go make a bank account right now

carnivore
06-15-2012, 02:50 PM
I'm taking a summer course right now, so is my transcript enough to prove I'm here?

Swim19
06-15-2012, 02:59 PM
When my dad applied for GC under 245i he had to prove he was here before a certain date and had to find documents that proved as close as possible to that actual date. So more than likely it will be the same idea...having documents close as possible to today's date.

bertdude7
06-15-2012, 02:59 PM
I think most of us are over thinking this, I think the memo simply means on June 15th or before. I know they are really picky, but even our school records/diplomas are more than enough.

DreamBaybeh
06-15-2012, 03:00 PM
Just have an official school, medical or financial statement that shows today's date on it. Maybe a transcript that shows you received it today- although to be safe you may want to have it notarized. If you don't have a bank account, take any document to a notary and have it notarized. I don't know much about notaries, but I know that contracts are some of the things they need to look over, so perhaps take a written contract between you and someone else.

I don't know! I'm trying to help, but then again, we don't even know for sure that we need to have certifiable proof of our presence here on THIS day.

Sonawabich
06-15-2012, 03:00 PM
When my dad applied for GC under 245i he had to prove he was here before a certain date and had to find documents that proved as close as possible to that actual date. So more than likely it will be the same idea...having documents close as possible to today's date.

Nice to know. Thanks for sharing

greentea
06-15-2012, 03:01 PM
Would a college transcript be enough?

Skye345
06-15-2012, 03:03 PM
Would a college transcript be enough?
yep. Although I think they meant be in the country concurrently for five years before today's date

melody
06-15-2012, 03:08 PM
if you buy something from ebay today, will that be considered as financial records?

Imagine
06-15-2012, 03:09 PM
I ordered my college transcript right now, just to make sure.
Because on your transcript it says order date and stuff.
And when you order, you put your credit card number, address, and agree the term(that you are ordering the transcript)
I will deposit money and withdraw and keep the receipt.
will buy a Times magaizne and all that stuff

Jinno792
06-15-2012, 03:19 PM
"as of June 15th, 2012"

I'm still confused on what "as of" means. Do the documents we provide have to show we were here before, or after June 15th?

bertdude7
06-15-2012, 03:20 PM
if you buy something from ebay today, will that be considered as financial records?

I think so.

mexicansoccer14
06-15-2012, 03:22 PM
If i go out for ice cream would the receipt be enough? haha

Ettie
06-15-2012, 03:22 PM
Have proof of all three (before, today, and after) just in case. :P

bertdude7
06-15-2012, 03:27 PM
I m not too worried about this honestly, I paid all my bills a week ago and i have proof (receipts) with my name/address and DATE/TIME it was paid. I really thought they will get extremely technical on us.

bond284
06-15-2012, 03:28 PM
Just requested my college transcript a minute ago, should arrive via mail. Hope it has today's date stamped. Later I'm going to go buy coffee on credit card... then I'll open up a bank account. I'm making sure they KNOW my ass is here.

Dres2011
06-15-2012, 03:29 PM
I guess if I buy something through Amazon as long as it has my name and todays date, That should be enough?

carnivore
06-15-2012, 03:33 PM
I guess if I buy something through Amazon as long as it has my name and todays date, That should be enough?

I was wondering the same thing. But you could do that from anywhere in the world so it's not much of a proof. But whatever, I'm gonna order a few things to celebrate. :razz:

bond284
06-15-2012, 03:39 PM

Maybe? Cover all angles just to be safe. Buy a tshirt or something off amazon, then take a jog down to the closest gas station and buy a candy bar with a credit card if you have one.

Anything that provides physical proof that you were here today couldn't hurt. Hah, get your picture taken holding today's newspaper and post it on facebook.

If you have a bill to pay off, try doing it in person and getting a receipt that shows you paying off a debt that is in your name.

mumblebee
06-15-2012, 03:41 PM
Just got back from the dentist. Good think I needed a cleaning anyway.

carnivore
06-15-2012, 03:43 PM
But the credit card I use is in my mother's name, that won't do it, right?

bond284
06-15-2012, 03:46 PM
But the credit card I use is in my mother's name, that won't do it, right?

I'm not sure. Are there any walk in clinics in your area? Go there now and check in with something that proves you're who you say you are like passport from country of origin or school ID.

You can also try opening up like... a staples rewards card. You don't need much for that.

Think of anything you can that leaves a paper trail.

Get. On. The. Radar.

Ja5219
06-15-2012, 03:47 PM
Doubt it, it has to be in your name to prove you're here on this date.

I'm still undecided on what to do.. School does not open today.. just Mon-Thurs for transcripts and such. Bank of America which my parents have checking accounts there with closes at 6. I don't have a ride its 30 mins away, they close in 2 hours. I may leave this to chance...

bond284
06-15-2012, 03:51 PM

I'm still undecided on what to do.. School does not open today.. just Mon-Thurs for transcripts and such. Bank of America which my parents have checking accounts there with closes at 6. I don't have a ride its 30 mins away, they close in 2 hours. I may leave this to chance...

Don't leave it to chance. You waited this long, you can't afford to gamble with the best opportunity we have gotten.

Dres2011
06-15-2012, 03:52 PM
LOL Whats the difference between today and tomorrow?

I think you guys are making too much out of it, that said its better on the safe side :\

Ja5219
06-15-2012, 03:58 PM
I agree, it may seem silly but.. it wont be when you are ready to submit stuff and don't have anything to prove you're here on or just before today's date.

I will go to the bank open an account. No issue in doing that. Thanks for the help guys.

danieltij
06-15-2012, 03:58 PM

take the bus, ride a bike, jog over there. dont leave it to chance

ecnys
06-15-2012, 04:12 PM
This is pretty bad.... It looks like I have to provide bank records as proof, but if they see my account balance I'm afraid they might deny me a work permit (been saving up like crazy) :(

starsNmoons
06-15-2012, 04:17 PM
Go to mcdonalds and pay for it with your credit card. If you dont have one it only takes like 45 minutes or less to get an account. I had to do it and I had no documentation besides my passport.Doubt it, it has to be in your name to prove you're here on this date.

xAmbition
06-15-2012, 04:20 PM
i just graduated highschool and dont think i have proper documentation to show to make a bank account and similar accounts....... what can i do?

vmd
06-15-2012, 04:23 PM
The economy is getting a boost from our cc spending today

xAmbition
06-15-2012, 04:23 PM
i also dont have a govt id, only expired highschool id to get documents notarized

xAmbition
06-15-2012, 04:28 PM
i just graduated like 23 days ago and i have my diploma is this good enough?

Noysingh
06-15-2012, 04:29 PM
I need help,

I do not have a bank account and cannot make get one because i cannot renew my passport because my parents lost the white card when they entered the US with me.

I do not have a credit card nor an ID. But i do go to school and have transcripts online. What must i do?

xAmbition
06-15-2012, 04:31 PM
i also have my unofficial transcript from the mail dated 5/26/12 is what i said good enough? cause i dont have a bank account, id to get documents notarized and such

freshh.
06-15-2012, 04:39 PM
Just to be safe, I'm going to a notary and getting a letter notarized that states I was physically present in the U.S. on the 15th of June 2012. Several lawyers on Twitter have advised DREAMers to get something notarized.

The letter along with my expired I-94, high school diploma and unofficial college transcripts should be enough, I think. I've got a cell phone on my mom's Sprint bill which I'm also going to send.

bond284
06-15-2012, 04:44 PM
I need help,

I do not have a bank account and cannot make get one because i cannot renew my passport because my parents lost the white card when they entered the US with me.

I do not have a credit card nor an ID. But i do go to school and have transcripts online. What must i do?

check in at a walk in clinic. medical records will work.

uc_ag
06-15-2012, 04:46 PM
I am a member of an organization and my annual dues are up.

Would getting a letter from them, which includes my info(name,address, and member date) and their info(dated and signed) be enough?

xAmbition
06-15-2012, 04:47 PM
i have no id to get documents notarized :(

Dream_Pajama
06-15-2012, 04:48 PM
Okay folks it may/may not be necessary but just to ear on the side of caution here are some of the things I did today:

Deposited checks
Withdrew some money from bank (physical)
Requested a statement print out from the bank and got it notarized
Went to a wholesale warehouse store and got a membership
Made signature purchases from restaurant stores etc (showing name, date etc)

For those of you whom don't have a credit card or a bank account I suggest getting an eye exam. Most glasses store should have walk in examination service by an optometrist. Make sure your name is printed or written on the examination or prescription sheet. You may even choose to get the prescription notarized if you want to but this maybe unnecessary (just say it's for insurance purposes or whatever).

Good Luck!

nydreamer
06-15-2012, 04:51 PM
Just to be safe, I'm going to go to a notary and getting a letter notarized that states I was physically present in the U.S. on the 15th of June 2012. Several lawyers on Twitter have advised DREAMers to get something notarized.

The letter along with my expired I-94, high school diploma and unofficial college transcripts should be enough, I think. I've got a cell phone on my mom's Sprint bill which I'm also going to send.

Can you send me a copy of that letter? My bank will soon close and I'm trying to find something similar online to print but no luck.

xangal
06-15-2012, 04:57 PM
Just went to get a letter notarized, very lovely woman helped me out. She had a vague idea about Obama's policy but I tried to explain the situation a little bit. If it's not accepted by Ice at the least I tried my best to help my situation, I just need to have some faith that everything will work out.

carnivore
06-15-2012, 05:02 PM
Get arrested lol.

bond284
06-15-2012, 05:08 PM
Okay folks it may/may not be necessary but just to ear on the side of caution here are some of the things I did today:

Deposited checks

For those of you whom don't have a credit card or a bank account I suggest getting an eye exam. Most glasses store should have walk in examination service by an optometrist. Make sure your name is printed or written on the examination or prescription sheet. You may even choose to get the prescription notarized if you want to but this maybe unnecessary (just say it's for insurance purposes or whatever).

Good Luck!

Eye exam is an excellent idea. Some of ya'll may be legally blind and not even know it :razz: Get your glasses and your proofs.

Get arrested lol.

That would do it but you'd then have to worry about the whole "not getting in trouble because you're a bad boy" issue.

DreamBaybeh
06-15-2012, 05:11 PM
I went to the bank and deposited $5 (lol that's all I had) and got an account summary from the teller. I may go get something notarized this afternoon, but frankly, I don't think they should expect every single DREAM-eligible person in the U.S. to have something notarized all in the same day.

year2010
06-15-2012, 05:12 PM

Deposited checks

Good Luck!

Did u jst get a regular bank statement and they would notarized it? I went to my bank, and the lady said they would only notariz an agreement, like I have to write something and sign it. It's citi bank btw. I only deposite some cash into my account and bought something from target.

ecnys
06-15-2012, 05:19 PM
You can just buy some gum with your credit card and I'm sure that'll be enough, in fact I really don't think they expect proof of being here on this exact day.. The most important things are probably 5 years worth of school transcripts and a diploma

bigdreamer2010
06-15-2012, 05:21 PM
"Documentation sufficient for an individual to demonstrate that he or she was physically present on June
records, school records, employment records, and military records."

Do you guys have cell phones? I think cell phone records will fall into this category.

ajes93
06-15-2012, 05:23 PM
what if you have 4 years in the country but in a couple months you will be 5 years. Is there still any possibility i can be eligible???

Dream_Pajama
06-15-2012, 05:32 PM
Did u jst get a regular bank statement and they would notarized it? I went to my bank, and the lady said they would only notariz an agreement, like I have to write something and sign it. It's citi bank btw. I only deposite some cash into my account and bought something from target.

Then just write/type a cover sheet stating that you agree that the following document is your bank account statement for the month such and such.

Swim19
06-15-2012, 05:35 PM
I deposited a check with my signature. And a I paid my credit card bill online. Should be enough.

carnivore
06-15-2012, 05:35 PM
I think you guys are making a big deal about this. A lot of dreamers might not even hear about this news until next week or something. If you can prove you were here during the summer that should be enough, no?

year2010
06-15-2012, 07:05 PM
Then just write/type a cover sheet stating that you agree that the following document is your bank account statement for the month such and such.

For citi bank they don't do that, I don't understand why, so i opened up another credit card with the date and signature and everything. I kinda wanted it anyway, so it's good timing I guess. Lol

Ja5219
06-15-2012, 07:34 PM
Went to open a checking account with Bank of America, deposited money into my account and saved the receipt showing the deposit.

I honestly can't do much else, especially with such short notice. I may get my transcript next week and notarize it just as something extra even if it is past the date.

iah
06-15-2012, 07:39 PM
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh SHIEEEEEEEETTTTT!!! I threw away my boarding pass when I flew to San Francisco yesterday!! arggggggggg! :/

Rev_Scholar
06-15-2012, 07:40 PM
You guys are getting too hyped. I'm sure all they mean is that we were present here when this is enacted, and not the exact f-ing date.

bond284
06-15-2012, 07:41 PM
You guys are getting too hyped. I'm sure all they mean is that we were present here when this is enacted, and not the exact f-ing date.

well... why take risks now?

danieltij
06-15-2012, 07:41 PM

We've waited far too long for something like this to mess it up

whoami
06-15-2012, 07:47 PM
whoa everyone's online. never seen that before.

kikibay92
06-15-2012, 07:51 PM
What should those minors do? For example, high school students? What should they get for evidence of spoof to be here today?

freshh.
06-15-2012, 07:56 PM
What should those minors do? For example, high school students? What should they get for evidence of spoof to be here today?

Attendance records from your school should be good enough.

FrankoKid
06-15-2012, 07:57 PM

Who broke your nose bro ? lets go kick some ass was he white ??? HAHAH

Ayame
06-15-2012, 08:04 PM
What about a phone bill statement under your name with the calls you made that day?
Seems Legit

CalDreamer
06-15-2012, 08:06 PM
So what if you're under 18...

mein herz brennt
06-15-2012, 08:06 PM
I say, for those of you over 21, go get a six-pack of your favorite beer or buy a bottle of your favorite wine/spirit. They can't sell it to you without checking your ID and you are using your credit card. Stay thirsty my friends, drink responsibly!

carnivore
06-15-2012, 08:10 PM
I say, for those of you over 21, go get a six-pack of your favorite beer or buy a bottle of your favorite wine/spirit. They can't sell it to you without checking your ID and you are using your credit card. Stay thirsty my friends, drink responsibly!

Haha good idea. Good thing I saved my receipt from the supermarket today. It shows my date of birth on it because I bought some beer.

kikibay92
06-15-2012, 08:11 PM
Attendance records from your school should be good enough.

The summer break started 3 days ago.

Seriously? How do high school students can prove their existence?

Chyno
06-15-2012, 08:12 PM
Who broke your nose bro ? lets go kick some ass was he white ??? HAHAH

One of the people I played soccer with all the time. It was an accident we both went for a header, and I hit the back of his head. Believe it or not he is a professional boxer, he is 2 -0-0 (he just began).

whoami
06-15-2012, 08:13 PM
will a debit card receipt work? i bought a textbook today with debit card and it shows the last four digits only.

kikibay92
06-15-2012, 08:17 PM
will a debit card receipt work? i bought a textbook today with debit card and it shows the last four digits only.

I'm going to deposit a dollar into my bank account later tonight. And get a printed account summary from the ATM should work perfectly.

FrankoKid
06-15-2012, 08:17 PM
One of the people I played soccer with all the time. It was an accident we both went for a header, and I hit the back of his head. Believe it or not he is a professional boxer, he is 2 -0-0 (he just began).

Lets go knock him out, so it can be 2-0-1 being a knocked out lmao. Would the club be good for today, because im going to celebrate tonight !

Baneling
06-15-2012, 08:24 PM
LOL, I doubt you need proof you are here today, else it'd be a CLEAR requirement on the list, because it's kind of a big thing. You people are overreacting.

freshh.
06-15-2012, 08:24 PM
The summer break started 3 days ago.

Seriously? How do high school students can prove their existence?

The schools here in Georgia have people in their offices for a few days each week to help with transfers, registration of new students, etc. I don't know if that is the case outside of GA. But, DREAMers in high school should call their school and see if someone will be working through the summer. If not, you may have to go to the Board of Education for attendance records or you can request a high school transcript that has the date on it.

lookingforchange
06-15-2012, 08:29 PM
Congratulations Everyone!!!!!

Dream becomes Reality
06-15-2012, 09:18 PM
Just to be safe, I'm going to a notary and getting a letter notarized that states I was physically present in the U.S. on the 15th of June 2012. Several lawyers on Twitter have advised DREAMers to get something notarized.

Great advice! It's better to be overprepared than UNDERprepared.

plOp
06-15-2012, 09:45 PM
I guess I'll go donate blood today, can't deny my presence there.

Feenmi
06-15-2012, 09:48 PM
I wrote a check to somebody and somebody wrote a check to me and we deposited them at the same time. Too late for a notary.

i3ernal
06-15-2012, 09:48 PM
What if we worked? A check stub with the dates? Maybe that would be suffice.

lilbawler2001
06-15-2012, 09:51 PM
Went to the gym today and scanned my membership card. It has my picture and everything!! I'll just get a print out of all the days I've worked out including today.

bertdude7
06-15-2012, 09:56 PM
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=f2ef2f19470f7310VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=f2ef2f19470f7310VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

Have continuously resided in the United States for at least five years preceding the date of this memorandum and are present in the United States on the date of this memorandum;

I think we just need to wait and call the hotline to get this sorted out, we are probably over thinking it. :P

bseo
06-15-2012, 09:56 PM
Yea.... the proof of being here today is kind of ridiculous... Especially, for Overstayers... If you're here in june 18th, that means you were here in June 15th since they can't come in without inspection lol

MAEZX
06-15-2012, 09:57 PM
If any of you guys are Catholic and haven't registered with your local church I recommend you to do it . Here in Phoenix when you go and register they give you documentation saying that you are a member of that particular churh and the date you registered on . I don't know of ICE will accept these as "proof" that you were here but at least it something .

year2010
06-15-2012, 10:04 PM
it says:

"What documentation will be sufficient to demonstrate that an individual was physically present in the United States as of June 15, 2012?
Documentation sufficient for an individual to demonstrate that he or she was physically present on June 15, 2012, the date the memorandum was issued, includes, but is not limited to: financial records, medical records, school records, employment records, and military records."

it's better be safe than sorry.

carnivore
06-15-2012, 11:24 PM
it says:

"What documentation will be sufficient to demonstrate that an individual was physically present in the United States as of June 15, 2012?
Documentation sufficient for an individual to demonstrate that he or she was physically present on June 15, 2012, the date the memorandum was issued, includes, but is not limited to: financial records, medical records, school records, employment records, and military records."

it's better be safe than sorry.

That doesn't mean the document has to be dated the 15th. If I was here 2 weeks ago and I'm here a week from now, more likely than not I was here on the 15th. That should be enough.

Happygolucky
06-15-2012, 11:36 PM
I did a bank transaction, printed out my bank statement, and made a video showing today's date and a video only someone with an American i.p address can see. I might do other stuff just to be on the safe side. I want to have an airtight case!

mrat93
06-16-2012, 12:07 AM
I took a video of my girlfriend in my room, showing time.gov on my computer screen, and my current location (New Jersey) on my iPad. She visited her high school today, but she didn't sign in or anything. If necessary, could she get a written letter from her principal verifying that she was there. Should that be sufficient?

EDIT: The video shows the time, 23:55:00, so we're good, ya?

kikibay92
06-16-2012, 12:16 AM
I took a video of my girlfriend in my room, showing time.gov on my computer screen, and my current location (New Jersey) on my iPad. She visited her high school today, but she didn't sign in or anything. If necessary, could she get a written letter from her principal verifying that she was there. Should that be sufficient?

EDIT: The video shows the time, 23:55:00, so we're good, ya?

I did the same thing here.

kikibay92
06-16-2012, 12:19 AM
I also got my face on the building 24 hours surveillance camera. I gave it a BIG smile and got a copy!

danieltij
06-16-2012, 12:22 AM
I used my credit card, debit card, deposited money into my account and went to the gym where you have to scan your keytag to get in

Smooth
06-16-2012, 12:59 AM
Guys,

I deposited some money into my checking account on the 13th of June. I have the receipt with my account number. And, I have just bought something from Amazon and printed out the receipt with the order number, website url, THE DATE AND TIME, and the address that the item will be mailed to. Please tell me that's enough, or I will fucking kill myself.

rainysky
06-16-2012, 07:01 AM
I didnt find out about this until a few hours ago. Theres no way they will be so picky

Kevin1is7lucky
06-16-2012, 09:03 AM
Holy crap guys. If you provide school records and are currently in the United States when you apply for it they are going to assume you were here. No need to panic. A light bill for the past month would be perfect if you have been out of school and haven't worked legally for a few years.

cacheton011
06-16-2012, 11:44 AM
lol, everybody is panicking. Your school records or transcripts will suffice.

hooligan111988
06-16-2012, 11:55 AM
ok...so im not sure..but i think i lost my passport..haha...so if that were the case... i can use school documentation to meet all the other requirements right?...or does anyone know if i could request my I-94 if i lost it?

iDream
06-16-2012, 11:55 AM
Shit, i didnt deposit my check yesterday.. Is it too late to do that now on June 16, 2012?

tlr91
06-16-2012, 12:01 PM
I have my elementary,middle school, high school and current college transcripts aswell as immunization records,bills so i think I'm good in this part. Remember people your high schools keeep records of you even once you leave so you can always go back to retrieve them..

Chyno
06-17-2012, 09:32 PM
Yea.... the proof of being here today is kind of ridiculous... Especially, for Overstayers... If you're here in june 18th, that means you were here in June 15th since they can't come in without inspection lol

An over-stayer could of sneak out to Mexico or Canada a week ago, and then come back tomorrow through the border. But it is unlikely for somebody to do that.

Jinno792
06-19-2012, 08:49 PM
My god I've attended all the conference calls and seminars and they never answer this one question

Ali
06-20-2012, 12:37 AM
spanish Q&A words it differently...

K-Man
06-20-2012, 02:00 AM
My god, this is the most ridiculous thread. Use some common sense for 5 seconds, they want the period covered, not a specific day. Do you think someone who's been here for 20+ years and didn't do anything on the 15th because of a sick day will get disqualified? For christ's sake.

vmd
06-20-2012, 02:04 AM
My god, this is the most ridiculous thread. Use some common sense for 5 seconds, they want the period covered, not a specific day. Do you think someone who's been here for 20+ years and didn't do anything on the 15th because of a sick day will get disqualified? For christ's sake.

This

People are way too paranoid. It's like a disease spreading over the whole forum.