PDA

View Full Version : Official daca process time thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

akkiano
09-12-2012, 12:31 PM
Just finished my biometrics. Had a smile from ear to ear as they were scanning my fingerprints. Feels very good to reach the last step in the process (hopefully). Now the hard part will be the anxious wait.

lordtarieq
09-12-2012, 01:02 PM
I'm from Florida i sent in my packet on Aug 28th and received receipt for both on 9/10 and just today i got the Biometrics for 10/9, from Vermont.

What part of Florida are you from? I am from Broward County Florida.

Sgt.Peppers
09-12-2012, 01:11 PM

nice close by, I'm from Dade-County Florida.

lordtarieq
09-12-2012, 01:24 PM
One month after the Obama administration started a program to suspend deportations of young illegal immigrants, more than 72,000 of them have applied for the temporary reprieve, senior immigration officials said on Tuesday, and this week the first approvals have been granted.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/12/us/program-offering-immigrants-reprieve-is-off-to-quick-start.html?_r=1

lordtarieq
09-12-2012, 01:30 PM
nice close by, I'm from Dade-County Florida.

Yes we are

lunchbox6301
09-12-2012, 05:27 PM
Biometrics completed today on my actual appointment date, unlike some of you who can't follow rules

Application completed by- Me
Date Application Sent - August 15, 2012, 5:05PM from JOLIET
The Lockbox the application was sent to - Chicago Drop Box
Mailing Method (Express, priority, certified) etc. - USPS Express
Date delivered - August 16, 2012,12:27AM
Date acceptance letter of application received - August 21,2012 4:55PM Nebraska
Date Biometrics scheduled - Sep, 12 8:00 A.M. Naperville, Il
Date Biometrics completed - [B]Sep, 12 8:15 A.M. NAPERVILLE IL[B]

Anyone else from naperville are have there biometrics also completed

teacup
09-12-2012, 05:29 PM
naperville! i remember that city, looked nice as i pass thru it ;D

lunchbox6301
09-12-2012, 05:34 PM
naperville! i remember that city, looked nice as i pass thru it ;D

If you are ever in the area again check out the restaurant shogun they have all you can eat oysters, crab legs, sushi and LOBSTER!!! not even kidding I eat like four lobsters when I go

angelz_beauty7410
09-12-2012, 05:50 PM
i have a quick question...i am seeing that some of you got their app approved which is great!!!! I have my appointment on 9/20 next week which i am so anxious and i cannot wait any longer!!! Should i just go tomorrow and get that out of the way ot i should wait???

NeverLookBack
09-12-2012, 05:54 PM
i have a quick question...i am seeing that some of you got their app approved which is great!!!! I have my appointment on 9/20 next week which i am so anxious and i cannot wait any longer!!! Should i just go tomorrow and get that out of the way ot i should wait???

You can do a walk-in. Many actually did so. If you got some free time and want to get it done then why not.

JGarza90
09-12-2012, 07:09 PM
Can't describe how much nerves, anxiety and fear I'm having. Just to know that practically your life and future is in someones hand. Idk for how long could I take this. Does anyone of you feels the same? Or it's just me?

PhelonOne87
09-12-2012, 07:25 PM
Just received biometrics appointment!!!!

goobie_pls
09-12-2012, 07:26 PM
Can't describe how much nerves, anxiety and fear I'm having. Just to know that practically your life and future is in someones hand. Idk for how long could I take this. Does anyone of you feels the same? Or it's just me?

I am excited about getting this ASAP. I am not concerned about being denied because this opportunity only means having it easier. Not being a resident doesn't get in the way of my plans, it just makes things a bit slower.

ari88
09-12-2012, 07:40 PM

that was super fast!! I just received my I-797C notice!

JGarza90
09-12-2012, 07:41 PM
I am excited about getting this ASAP. I am not concerned about being denied because this opportunity only means having it easier. Not being a resident doesn't get in the way of my plans, it just makes things a bit slower.

Yeah I get you. I mean every single one of us has their opinions, which is great. And believe me, in my case having this approved means my life, being stuck on a work that only lets you about 25 dollars per day and without the chance of freely crossing the checkpoint to go and look for a better job isn't easy.

goobie_pls
09-12-2012, 07:45 PM
Yeah I get you. I mean every single one of us has their opinions, which is great. And believe me, in my case having this approved means my life, being stuck on a work that only lets you about 25 dollars per day and without the chance of freely crossing the checkpoint to go and look for a better job isn't easy.

There are literally thousands of jobs that you can get by adopting skills (certifications, experience, etc) and offering your services, particularly in the IT sector. Higher education is just a means to an end, don't let not having a degree be a hindrance. Focus on social networking and making connections, hell, 70% of people end up in careers unrelated to what they studied in college.

Dreamsdocometrue
09-12-2012, 07:56 PM
Super happy, got my I-797Cs in the mail today!
I was freaking out because they hadn't sent a text or anything and it had been 7 business days.
Yay!!!!!
Lockbox sent to: Dallas, TX
Date delivered: 9/04/12
Date G1145: Sent form, never got a text or email
Date of I-797 C: 9/12/12
Date Biometrics received: 9/13/12
Date of Biometrics Appointment: 9/28/2012
Date of EAD received: ??

NeverLookBack
09-12-2012, 08:09 PM

Your process seems like it went faster then most other cases.
Was your packet full of evidences or just the bare minimal?

ari88
09-12-2012, 08:14 PM

Also curious!

Dreamer921
09-12-2012, 09:17 PM
I'm so effing scared. So I know what you guys mean. I'm also super excited that it's moving quickly. Looking forward to teaching in the spring!!!!!!

angelitale07
09-12-2012, 10:09 PM
Hey I have a question when I get my biometrics appointment is it true we can just walk in? I'm from So CAl and I just want to make sure is not going ruin or make my case worse for walking in? Has anyone from LA walked in to do the biometric appt?

azulitamuamua
09-12-2012, 10:23 PM

where are you from ? so you walk in and they didnt say anything? i might do the same as well haha i gotta give it a shoot

JGarza90
09-12-2012, 10:30 PM
where are you from ? so you walk in and they didnt say anything? i might do the same as well haha i gotta give it a shoot

I'm from south Texas, and I went to McAllen for my Bionetrics, and they didn't told me anything. As I said they were real nice.

car0593
09-12-2012, 10:33 PM
i live in SC and supposely all cases are transfered to the texas service center.. buy mines was transfered to the nebraska one?

Dreamer921
09-12-2012, 10:37 PM

I feel you!!! We seem to have the same timelines. Im also a grad student living in poverty. Can't wait to have our EAD and get paid for our work!!!! My advice: Do a walk-in if you can.

dreamer87
09-13-2012, 12:09 AM
Hey I have a question when I get my biometrics appointment is it true we can just walk in? I'm from So CAl and I just want to make sure is not going ruin or make my case worse for walking in? Has anyone from LA walked in to do the biometric appt?

So this is the thing... dealing with DHS you can meet some of the nicest or the worst people in the world. A lot of people (prob everyone that has done their fingerprint so far) have walked in with no problem. If your processing center does not have a duche bag working then it will not be a problem. If they ask why are you doing it early just say you are going to school in a different state and it's easier to do it now.
They won't lock you up and throw away the keys - all they will do is tell you that you have to come the date stated. You might waste a few hours of your day so if you think it's worth it give it a shot!
Good luck!

dreamer87
09-13-2012, 12:27 AM

The way the process goes is

1.you send the application to lockbox
lockbox is just a place where they make sure all part of the application has been filled out and they scan all copies of your document for easier transport

2. If all is well with the previous process your approval letter is sent and your application forwarded to USCIS service center

3. Biometrics letter is sent to you - now the waiting game until biometrics has been taken and comes clean

4. application is now being looked at by a human and marked approved

5. if you make it to this step you will receive your I-821D approval notice in the mail and your I-765 goes to the back of the line for processing (printing)

6. after 3 months or less of waiting it finally arrives in the mail hopefully with no typo and you go to your social security office to request SS number

7. you party until you almost become pregnant OR almost get someone pregnant (key step)

8. after SS arrives in the mail you apply for driving license and go job hunting

9. don't forget about other kids who of - no fault of their own - were born in third world country and are lacking medicine and dying from curable deseases... i'm sure they also "DREAM"

good luck all!

WhotheDoctor
09-13-2012, 01:29 AM
My wife’s I-797’s are dated 9/4 from Vermont. Has anyone received their Biometrics from Vermont yet from with I-797's from around 9/4?

yes, i got my I-797s on 9/4 and i just got my biometrics appointment letter today, it is schedule for the 9/28 :)

WhotheDoctor
09-13-2012, 01:30 AM

Im in Broward too

DreamBig09
09-13-2012, 06:55 AM
look at my timeline. The process is so fast

believethedream
09-13-2012, 06:58 AM
Yes, nothing so far. I will keep checking all day today.

mrhandelz
09-13-2012, 07:05 AM
There are literally thousands of jobs that you can get by adopting skills (certifications, experience, etc) and offering your services, particularly in the IT sector. Higher education is just a means to an end, don't let not having a degree be a hindrance. Focus on social networking and making connections, hell, 70% of people end up in careers unrelated to what they studied in college.

Is that a statistic?
Had never really thought about it.

mrhandelz
09-13-2012, 07:09 AM
I am from Cali as well.

However I did not do a walk in, but the place I went too was basically empty so I do not think they will have a problem if you walk in.

I was basically the only one there, besides the staff of about 6.

They even knew my name already since I guess they knew who was scheduled for that appointment already.

I was in and out in less than 5 minutes.

The clerk told me that they had 25 appointments for that specific day spread out throughout their business hours.

JGarza90
09-13-2012, 09:04 AM
I just called the FBI and they told me that my fingerprints where completed and returned on the same day.

DACA_Billionaire2be
09-13-2012, 09:34 AM
I just called the FBI and they told me that my fingerprints where completed and returned on the same day.

Same here bro

angelz_beauty7410
09-13-2012, 10:36 AM
update!!!!

does anybody know how long after the biometrics are done it takes for then to approved it?? so far i am seeing like 7 days but...i dont know!!!
tahnkx

Juany7413
09-13-2012, 10:39 AM
I called USCI today to get some information about my case . I cant look mines up online , she gave me my appt for biometrics thru the phone for oct 4 @ 2pm will be getting my notice in the mail in a few weeks she said

nanjungmo
09-13-2012, 10:43 AM
the processing time isnt yet to be determined. for those who received the approvals on mon and tues, it took about 1-2 weeks on avg. however, for the rest of us, i hope it won't take 4-6 months.

JGarza90
09-13-2012, 10:59 AM
I think USCIS just approved some people just to get the attention from others who qualify but haven't applied yet. At first I was exited to think that it could take just matters of days. Hopefully I'm wrong.

This is my own particular point of view, and I'm not being negative.

hedge1
09-13-2012, 11:01 AM
I called USCI today to get some information about my case . I cant look mines up online , she gave me my appt for biometrics thru the phone for oct 4 @ 2pm will be getting my notice in the mail in a few weeks she said

i saw your timeline.. do i need to call the usci for my biometric appt too!

yara1991
09-13-2012, 11:10 AM
Update - Got my I-797C notice in the mail yesterday! :)
Anyone with the same info???

Prepared by ME =)
Date Application Sent - 09/04/12
The Lockbox the application was sent to - Chicago Lockbox
Mailing Method (Express, priority, certified) etc. - Express
Date delivered - 09/05/12 @12:09 pm
G-1145 Notification - 09/07/12 @ 6:02pm - Routed to Nebraska
Date of I-797 C Notice of Action Received in Mail - 09/12/12
Date Biometrics scheduled -
Date of EAD received -

bigdreams92
09-13-2012, 11:14 AM
just did my biometrics for 10am. I was nervous cause the guard was mean. But I'm happy they accepted my expired passport with my birth certificate :)

Now the wait begins

yara1991
09-13-2012, 11:22 AM
just did my biometrics for 10am. I was nervous cause the guard was mean. But I'm happy they accepted my expired passport with my birth certificate :)

Now the wait begins

Did you go to your scheduled appt or walk in??
Good luck!!

bigdreams92
09-13-2012, 11:34 AM
Did you go to your scheduled appt or walk in??
Good luck!!

It was scheduled, i was out by 10:06 am

Dreamer921
09-13-2012, 11:35 AM
I think USCIS just approved some people just to get the attention from others who qualify but haven't applied yet. At first I was exited to think that it could take just matters of days. Hopefully I'm wrong.

This is my own particular point of view, and I'm not being negative.

Where did you call the FBI? I did my biometrics yesterday. Where do I find the number?

rainysky
09-13-2012, 11:46 AM
I am probably going to do a walk in because I can. Simple as that. Also, there is a chance I might not qualify and it is really making me not be able to sleep. Its always at the back of my mind and I just want to find out good news or bad.

There really is no point in trying to convince someone about right/wrong. **You can not impose your morals on someone else**. Something like a code of ethics is very personal and thus is left up to the individual. Also, if you are so upset about someone "cutting in line" then I think you should just do it yourself. Seriously, save yourself the frustration. If I wasn't so concerned about my outcome I wouldn't care. But my case is a little tricky.

Also, I asked my mom about her opinion on this and she said in the end we are all going to get our outcomes. In the end its all the same. But that's just my mom's opinion we all have different views/ morals. I haven't asked my dad yet, but am almost positive he would tell me to wait probably because he is old school and has been waiting for CIR

JGarza90
09-13-2012, 12:42 PM
where are you from ? So you walk in and they didnt say anything? I might do the same as well haha i gotta give it a shoot

where did you call the fbi? I did my biometrics yesterday. Where do i find the number?

(304) 625-5590

Juany7413
09-13-2012, 12:59 PM
i saw your timeline.. do i need to call the usci for my biometric appt too!

we have a similar timeline it doesn't hurt to try.. I was very nervous because I couldnt see anything online when I type in my receipt.. Its not found on the status . So that's why I decided to call. I say go for it hopefully they give you the appt date so you feel better besides she said if i didnt get the noticed by mail a couple of days before my appt date to call back with a fax number so they can fax me my appt form

AsianDreamer
09-13-2012, 01:17 PM
@Juany7413, what number did you call? Thanks!

Crismi
09-13-2012, 03:09 PM
If you're approved for DACA, does that mean that you're automatically approved for a work permit? Or can they approve you for DACA and deny you a work permit?

NeverLookBack
09-13-2012, 03:24 PM
So I have a quick question.. I was wondering why exactly some applications are being routed to different places?

Leap of Faith
09-13-2012, 03:35 PM
Did my Biometrics today! Did a walk-in with absolutely NO problems. Was in and out in under 7 minutes. The people were so nice!

Dreamer921
09-13-2012, 04:15 PM
OmG I'm obsessed with this site!!!! Lol I keep checking it to see what's the latest in terms of this process!!!!

Nere
09-13-2012, 04:33 PM
OmG I'm obsessed with this site!!!! Lol I keep checking it to see what's the latest in terms of this process!!!!

Better than FB! lol

Dreamer921
09-13-2012, 04:36 PM
Exactly!!!!

bama_kay
09-13-2012, 04:43 PM
I called the FBI about my biometric results. I was rejected because of my eczema, so I have to reschedule an appointment. Disappointment. :\

NeverLookBack
09-13-2012, 05:06 PM
I called the FBI about my biometric results. I was rejected because of my eczema, so I have to reschedule an appointment. Disappointment. :\

Aww :_( well hopefully the next time they will approve!

knives
09-13-2012, 05:09 PM
Exactly!!!!

Could you give me the number you called?

Swim19

Do they send you a new biometric date? Or can you just come in whenever?

g33k

Don't worry I will be rejected too lol. How bad are your fingers?

lilbawler2001
09-13-2012, 05:10 PM

What?

g33k
09-13-2012, 05:12 PM

They will send him another appointment in about 2 weeks. If he fails the second attempt, he will just have to get police clearences from the last 5 years. This is very common though.

bama_kay
09-13-2012, 05:40 PM
Aww :_( well hopefully the next time they will approve!

Thanks; I really hope so.

They're supposed to send me a new appointment, but when I called USCIS they said I can walk in with my original appointment notice.

Don't worry I will be rejected too lol. How bad are your fingers?

I completely have no fingerprints on my right ring finger and middle finger. Everything else is very light but luckily the scanners were able to get them.

What?

I did my biometrics on September 11. Since I have eczema on my hands, the skin peeled off so much that I have no fingerprints on 2 of my fingers, which caused me to not be approved for my fingerprints. I have to go back in whenever my fingers have fingerprints and redo my biometrics.

mumblebee
09-13-2012, 05:55 PM
Got my biometrics done today in Brooklyn! And now the waiting game.

My info:

Date Application Sent - 08/17/2012 (to Vermont)
Received date - 8/20/2012
Date acceptance letter of application received - 8/23/2012
Date of I-797 C Notice of Action - 8/28/2012
Date Biometrics scheduled - 9/13/2012
Date of EAD received -

Also, dumb question, but how do I get my info on the signature?

OneThought
09-13-2012, 06:01 PM

My info:

Date of EAD received -

On the left hand side of your screen, under Forum Links, click on Control Panel. Click on settings. Click on edit signature.

Dreamer921
09-13-2012, 06:02 PM

My info:

Date of EAD received -

Control panel> settings > edit signature

Btw I'm from Queens!!! And I did my biometrics yesterday as a walk in. We have similar timelines.

g33k
09-13-2012, 06:03 PM
Thanks; I really hope so.

They're supposed to send me a new appointment, but when I called USCIS they said I can walk in with my original appointment notice.

I completely have no fingerprints on my right ring finger and middle finger. Everything else is very light but luckily the scanners were able to get them.

I did my biometrics on September 11. Since I have eczema on my hands, the skin peeled off so much that I have no fingerprints on 2 of my fingers, which caused me to not be approved for my fingerprints. I have to go back in whenever my fingers have fingerprints and redo my biometrics.

Buy Corn Huskers Lotion, specifically designed for dry skin, so it doesn't peel off anymore. It also works to bring out the print ridges.

Ali88
09-13-2012, 06:30 PM
Still no bio letter :( Should I start to be concerned?

magali
09-13-2012, 06:42 PM
Did everybody send it by express mail? Am I the only one that send it through regular mail?

g33k
09-13-2012, 06:44 PM
Still no bio letter :( Should I start to be concerned?

No just have patience lol

yurchie
09-13-2012, 06:44 PM
FYI: Looks like a 25/26 day turnaround for approval for EAD from submission date right now, if you did a biometrics walk-in. If not, add the additional time you're waiting for your biometrics appointment.

Dreamer921
09-13-2012, 06:59 PM
FYI: Looks like a 25/26 day turnaround for approval for EAD from submission date right now, if you did a biometrics walk-in. If not, add the additional time you're waiting for your biometrics appointment.

What did you base this on?

yurchie
09-13-2012, 07:11 PM

Application self-filed on 8/15 (California); Application sent on 8/15 via FedEx next day; Application arrived 8/16 at 10:30 and signed by EArdnt in Phoenix; G-1145 8/20; I-797C 8/27 (routed from Nebraska); Biometric scheduled 9/12 at 2 PM; Biometric walk-in 8/27 around 2 PM; EAD approval 9/10

25 days from NotYetKnown's submission arrival at Phoenix Lockbox to EAD approval.

Dreamer921
09-13-2012, 07:12 PM
Ok well I'm on day 27!!! So let's see lol

yurchie
09-13-2012, 07:15 PM

Ok well I'm on day 27!!! So let's see lol

You're on day 23. Your application was received at Lockbox on the 20th.

tommydreamer
09-13-2012, 07:17 PM
I'm on day 23 doubt anything will happen anytime soon.

memmyme
09-13-2012, 07:20 PM
I finally got my biometrics appointment. I have class that day... so I'm not sure if I want to skip class or go on a walk in at an earlier date.

Dreamer921
09-13-2012, 07:20 PM
You're right I'm on day 23. Ok let's see what happens next week!!!

memmyme
09-13-2012, 07:30 PM
I feel like the process is a little slower here in Cali...

FSL
09-13-2012, 07:32 PM
Got my I-796C letter today. I was expecting to receive it in 4-5 days, but instead, I received it the day after I received the G1145. I got in the mail two letters, one for the I-821D and the other for the I-765 case. Hopefully my biometrics appt letter will get here pretty soon too.

yurchie
09-13-2012, 07:36 PM

Maybe. Doesn't matter too much because USCIS is still destroying their own estimate of 4 to 6 months, and judging by all the 797 receipts and biometrics appointments, the process is still extremely quick.

yurchie
09-13-2012, 07:39 PM

Maybe. Doesn't matter too much because USCIS is still destroying their own estimate of 4 to 6 months, and judging by all the 797 receipts and biometrics appointments, the process is still extremely quick.

Got my I-796C letter today. I was expecting to receive it in 4-5 days, but instead, I received it the day after I received the G1145. I got in the mail two letters, one for the I-821D and the other for the I-765 case. Hopefully my biometrics appt letter will get here pretty soon too.

Case in point. But you might be right about California.

angelz_beauty7410
09-13-2012, 07:45 PM
http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll244/1alanfan/smiley_sad.jpg

I THINK I AM GOING TO HAVE A NERVOUS* BREAKDOWN LOL OMGG

ari88
09-13-2012, 08:19 PM
Update signature!! Got my bio appointment today!!!!

Dreamer921
09-13-2012, 08:20 PM
Yeah! At the beginning of the process I was so patient!!! Now that I see that for some people the process seems to be extremely quick I'm turning impatient!!! My goal is just to forget this for a week and then check my status. But I know that won't be happening.

angelz_beauty7410
09-13-2012, 08:27 PM
yeah! At the beginning of the process i was so patient!!! Now that i see that for some people the process seems to be extremely quick i'm turning impatient!!! My goal is just to forget this for a week and then check my status. But i know that won't be happening.

hahaha i feel the same wway!! I try to ignore the subject but it is literally impossible lol this website is addicting as well.....lol
i get happy/sad when i see somebody getting approved cuz i cant wait for mine :)

Dreamer921
09-13-2012, 08:31 PM
hahaha i feel the same wway!! I try to ignore the subject but it is literally impossible lol this website is addicting as well.....lol
i get happy/sad when i see somebody getting approved cuz i cant wait for mine :)

See when ppl get approved I don't get sad at all. On the contrary, I'm excited. I get sad reading these posts about expedited initial approvals. If ppl keep getting approved at the same rate, we should know within the next two weeks!!!! And I agree this website is addictive!!!

DREAM@UCLA
09-13-2012, 08:37 PM
For the biometric appt letter, is it for I-821D only? Where it says case type on the letter, it says I821-D and not I765. Is that normal?

yurchie
09-13-2012, 08:42 PM
For the biometric appt letter, is it for I-821D only? Where it says case type on the letter, it says I821-D and not I765. Is that normal?

I'm fairly certain that it is. You sent photos for the I765, and biometrics is for the background check for I821D

faaya
09-13-2012, 08:47 PM
I went in today for my scheduled biometrics appointment. I literally got there at 8:57 AM and was out by 9:25 AM. My appointment was at 9:00 AM. It was completely dead; me and 2 other groups of people.

When I arrived the guard asked for my passport but I didn't bring it with me. I commute from Long Island to Manhattan for college and there is a train station 3-5 blocks away from the support center, so I was planning on going directly to school afterwards. I didn't want to be carrying my passport around all day in Manhattan, god forbid someone stole it or I lost it.

I showed the guard my country's ID card and told her I also had my College ID. She took them to the manager's office and told me to take a sit while I filled out the paper form (it asks for your Alien Number, Applications Numbers, Name, Height, Weight, etc.). 5 minutes later the manager came to greet me and talked with the guard and the guy who took my biometrics about the deferred action process (something about USCIS merging the two applications into one after or something like that).

He then asked if I had the receipts. Luckily I did! I gave him all 3 letters I received from USCIS and he took them and continued talking with the guard and the guy who took my biometrics.

They were super nice to me, however not to someone else though. They had a kid running around, and tried walking together to the station where they did biometrics when only one needed the them done.

It's just a matter of being respectful (saying Hi, How are you? Thank you. Have a great day. Take care) and following the rules (no cellphones, No eating, etc.).

It would be great to have this done before my birthday, October 5th!. Now it's just a waiting game :)

Lunera
09-13-2012, 09:16 PM
Date Application Sent - 09/13/2012
The Lockbox the application was sent to - Phoenix, AR
Mailing Method (Express, priority, certified) etc. -Certified
Date delivered -
Date acceptance letter of application received -
Date of I-797 C Notice of Action (Application Approved) -
Date Biometrics scheduled -
Date of EAD received -

JGarza90
09-13-2012, 09:16 PM
Anyone in south Texas has already been approved? What about the girl that went to a walk in McAllen and told me there were real nice. She went before I, wonder if she has already receive something.: :???:

TxDreamer84
09-13-2012, 09:48 PM
Update: My appt. conflicted with doctors appt. so I decided to do a walk-in today to Houston ASC located on Northwest Fwy.

Oleffj
09-13-2012, 11:25 PM
I keep seeing that you guys are doing walk in for the bio appt. Is this recommended and I thought it was the only date you could go?

zinara
09-13-2012, 11:28 PM
UPDATE! Received my Biometrics Appointment letter in the mail today.

Oleffj
09-13-2012, 11:33 PM

Congrats!!!

Leap of Faith
09-13-2012, 11:55 PM
Being patient is MAJOR especially when you log on to this site everyday and see all kinds of progress going on for other people. I would like to stay off this site for like the next week or so but I know that's not happening. It's too addictive.

iwanttodothiscorrectly
09-14-2012, 12:10 AM
Anybody done a walk in for biometrics in Austin TX?

After reading about the success of walk ins I'm thinking about giving it a try.

I should say thank you to everybody for all the great input. Incredible resource this site has been.

ari88
09-14-2012, 12:13 AM
So on top of my biometrics notice it says "code 3" what is that?

Tortoise77
09-14-2012, 12:26 AM

Lucky! Good for you! Our timelines are almost the same. Im still waiting on biometrics : /

iwanttodothiscorrectly
09-14-2012, 12:28 AM
So on top of my biometrics notice it says "code 3" what is that?

Yes I would like to know this also.

teacup
09-14-2012, 12:29 AM
code 3: 10 fingers, picture, and signature are gonna be requested
if i remember right

tusol17
09-14-2012, 12:39 AM
Vamos Vermont!!! lol

ari88
09-14-2012, 12:39 AM
code 3: 10 fingers, picture, and signature are gonna be requested
if i remember right

So did everyone get "Code 3"?

yurchie
09-14-2012, 12:48 AM
1= fingerprinting all 10 fingers
2=fingerprinting right index finger only, photo, and signature
3=fingerprinting all 10 fingers, photo, and signature

Clopez
09-14-2012, 01:07 AM
Quick questions

How long did you wait after doing your biometrics test to call the FBI?
When u guys call the FBI what do they ask you?
For your receipt numbers or anything else?
Please help out I wanna call the FBI but I wanna be ready with everything they ask for

tommydreamer
09-14-2012, 01:12 AM
Quick questions

How long did you wait after doing your biometrics test to call the FBI?
When u guys call the FBI what do they ask you?
For your receipt numbers or anything else?
Please help out I wanna call the FBI but I wanna be ready with everything they ask for

Following day. Told them I went for biometrics with USCIS they asked for my A number and name. Takes two minutes.

Clopez
09-14-2012, 01:16 AM
Following day. Told them I went for biometrics with USCIS they asked for my A number and name. Takes two minutes.

Can I have the number you called please?
Or is there a different number for different cities?

SDreamers
09-14-2012, 01:19 AM
Can i ask why do you have to call the FBI?

Clopez
09-14-2012, 01:21 AM
Can i ask why do you have to call the FBI?

People are just calling to check if the FBI already sent the fingerprints back to the uscis center
Well that's what I'm guessing ??

SDreamers
09-14-2012, 01:26 AM
People are just calling to check if the FBI already sent the fingerprints back to the uscis center
Well that's what I'm guessing ??

What do you ask when you call them? is my finger prints sent back to uscis center?

Clopez
09-14-2012, 01:30 AM
What do you ask when you call them? is my finger prints sent back to uscis center?

Iasked some guy what he asked the FBI
Go back like 4 post an ull see what he posted

originalgabe
09-14-2012, 01:47 AM
got my I-797s today AND my Biometrics appointment (oct 1st)!

yurchie
09-14-2012, 02:14 AM
got my I-797s today AND my Biometrics appointment (oct 1st)!

Gabe! You barely made the cutoff man. Good to see you're still around.

FootballCoach47
09-14-2012, 03:26 AM
Hey All, I've always checked this site for news and updates. Check out my stats on my signature! Thanks

JGarza90
09-14-2012, 05:13 AM
Who can help me here. I need to clarify something I put in my application, if you know about filling the application correctly, please DM me. Thanks guys

Chey00
09-14-2012, 06:58 AM
Just wondering, did anyone with their bio appointments scheduled at Cranston, RI already get their appointments over with? Just wondering how the people are there. I have my appointment coming up on Monday. :)

esraB
09-14-2012, 09:15 AM
i sent mine in on 9/11 am i too late? im so nervoussss omg!

NeverLookBack
09-14-2012, 09:17 AM
i sent mine in on 9/11 am i too late? im so nervoussss omg!

Mine arrived the 11th as well lol.. It's alright.. We gonna get it eventually like everyone else! =]

li_91
09-14-2012, 11:07 AM
This is really testing my patience which I never even knew I had lol. I have been debating with myself if I should do a walk in since i got my letter and people had started talking out it, and I have resisted so now Monday is the day!!! So excited to finally get start my life how I have always hoped it would be and to be making my parents who have worked their ass off everyday for me proud and bring some hope to their lives as well.

zinara
09-14-2012, 12:02 PM
Lucky! Good for you! Our timelines are almost the same. Im still waiting on biometrics : /

You should be getting it by the end of the day today! I'm pretty sure. I think Vermont is slower than the rest of the centers.

Moizy
09-14-2012, 12:04 PM
This is really testing my patience which I never even knew I had lol. I have been debating with myself if I should do a walk in since i got my letter and people had started talking out it, and I have resisted so now Monday is the day!!! So excited to finally get start my life how I have always hoped it would be and to be making my parents who have worked their ass off everyday for me proud and bring some hope to their lives as well.

What state are you in?

I think there about 3 users on this forum that have a similar timeline to mine and ours is probably the longest timeline.

li_91
09-14-2012, 12:13 PM
What state are you in?

I think there about 3 users on this forum that have a similar timeline to mine and ours is probably the longest timeline.

New York. Long island to be exact. And I live not even 5 min walking from the uscis office where my appointment is schedualed it's been killing me not to go.

Moizy
09-14-2012, 12:19 PM
New York. Long island to be exact. And I live not even 5 min walking from the uscis office where my appointment is schedualed it's been killing me not to go.

You should go ahead and do it. Its the jackson ave center right? They accept walk ins. Have a good excuse and go ahead. Tommydreamer did it there. Instead of killing yourself emotionally go ahead and do it, but just know this, after the appointment, the approval wait will kill you more. :p

Dreamer921
09-14-2012, 12:22 PM
You should go ahead and do it. Its the jackson ave center right? They accept walk ins. Have a good excuse and go ahead. Tommydreamer did it there. Instead of killing yourself emotionally go ahead and do it, but just know this, after the appointment, the approval wait will kill you more. :p

I agree. The wait after biometrics is worse!!

lordtarieq
09-14-2012, 12:29 PM

It's the local USCIS Service Center where you do your Biometrics that's makes the decision on your case. I just needed to post that out.

BobLobLaw
09-14-2012, 12:29 PM

I just did my biometrics. I walked in at the Buena Park center when they opened and was in and out in 20 minutes. When I arrived the guard took my sheet and I told him that I had school on the appt day and it looked like he didn't even care for my reason. They were not busy at all. I was 5th in line and the process was super quick and easy. The lady took my prints and pictures and I was done. Now the waiting begins. Hopefully in a couple weeks ill have my card. I've been reading the boards and it says that peoples processes are being expedited. Thankfully my process has been super quick.

DACA_Billionaire2be
09-14-2012, 12:35 PM

Lol this is SOO true!!!

li_91
09-14-2012, 12:45 PM

No the holtsville center. I already waited long enough I'll probably just wait until Monday... I deff won't make it today I might tomorrow but do they even open on Saturdays?

JGarza90
09-14-2012, 12:49 PM
My mom went tus morning to an attorney appointment. And what is weird is what he said about the application for work permit that I shouldn't put that worked. And I was like WAIT? WT*? So what should I put then, should I lie and say I didn't work? And my expenses? It was like you are a lawyer you should know about this. I think i'm correct. Idk if I'm wrong.

Oleffj
09-14-2012, 12:50 PM

good job nothing to be worried about. I did mine today and was so easy and fast. Smile and be polite.

Oleffj
09-14-2012, 12:55 PM
I just did my biometrics. I walked in at the Buena Park center when they opened and was in and out in 20 minutes. When I arrived the guard took my sheet and I told him that I had school on the appt day and it looked like he didn't even care for my reason. They were not busy at all. I was 5th in line and the process was super quick and easy. The lady took my prints and pictures and I was done. Now the waiting begins. Hopefully in a couple weeks ill have my card. I've been reading the boards and it says that peoples processes are being expedited. Thankfully my process has been super quick.

You time line is really close to mine and I also walked in today but in Bellflower. Same thing super fast not much waiting and out before you know it. Now the waiting game is almost over. 25 years in the making 2 weeks will fly by!!!

li_91
09-14-2012, 12:57 PM
I posted on another thread but nobody has answered. Does anybody here happen to know how I would go about changing my name once and if I get approved. I would like my married name to be on all my info like s.s and drivers license. But I filed the application with my maiden name since I didn't want any confusion denial or delay because my maiden name is on all my evidence. Like of I bring them my marriage certificate and my ead is that enough for them to give me my s.s with my married name?

Oleffj
09-14-2012, 01:02 PM
My mom went tus morning to an attorney appointment. And what is weird is what he said about the application for work permit that I shouldn't put that worked. And I was like WAIT? WT*? So what should I put then, should I lie and say I didn't work? And my expenses? It was like you are a lawyer you should know about this. I think i'm correct. Idk if I'm wrong.

Hey bro I also was confused about this but what made me change my mind and eventually put my expenses and what I made, was I just wanted to set myself free and tell the truth. "the truth shall set you free" I put what i made but i also had more expenses. I also have a Itin Number which I file my taxes so didn't want to contradict myself in the case they had access to IRS records. let me know what you put.

livier1993
09-14-2012, 01:05 PM
Lol this is SOO true!!!

Hey what did the sayd when you walk in???? I'm from ga too and I was thinkin of doing a walk in. My apt is till the 28.

lordtarieq
09-14-2012, 01:06 PM

Don't worry too much about that. If and when you are to adjust your status using the I485 form and they ask you, "have you ever worked before?" Just state your work history. The USCIS does not penalize people for working in the past, especially if no false SS numbers or names were used

bigdreams92
09-14-2012, 01:18 PM
New sig update

JGarza90
09-14-2012, 01:19 PM
Don't worry too much about that. If and when you are to adjust your status using the I485 form and they ask you, "have you ever worked before?" Just state your work history. The USCIS does not penalize people for working in the past, especially if no false SS numbers or names were used

I'm clear on that. I have never used any fake SS nor a fake name. I was as clear as possible with my applications.

JGarza90
09-14-2012, 01:20 PM

Hey bro I also was confused about this but what made me change my mind and eventually put my expenses and what I made, was I just wanted to set myself free and tell the truth. "the truth shall set you free" I put what i made but i also had more expenses. I also have a Itin Number which I file my taxes so didn't want to contradict myself in the case they had access to IRS records. let me know what you put.

I don't have a ITIN number, so I have never filed taxes.

lordtarieq
09-14-2012, 01:27 PM
I don't have a ITIN number, so I have never filed taxes.

Then you cool man, no worries!

ari88
09-14-2012, 01:57 PM
good job nothing to be worried about. I did mine today and was so easy and fast. Smile and be polite.

Were the people friendly? And what was your excuse?

Oleffj
09-14-2012, 02:25 PM
Were the people friendly? And what was your excuse?

The guard was super cool and didnt ask too much and keep my answers short. He didnt look at the date cuz mine was on 10/2 so I got lucky I guess. I used to live in Buena Park not long ago. Just keep patient and wait for the appt. But get 007 status and check if there is another guard and try again.

2Face
09-14-2012, 02:29 PM
Received biometrics appointment today. USCIS is ON POINT because I just found out another member from my state received it today as well (His timeline is exactly like mine) SHOUTOUT TO NEBRASKA ASC! Cadbury Flakes to every DAP poster on me when I get my EAD!

mrhandelz
09-14-2012, 02:52 PM
You time line is really close to mine and I also walked in today but in Bellflower. Same thing super fast not much waiting and out before you know it. Now the waiting game is almost over. 25 years in the making 2 weeks will fly by!!!
I did my biometrics in bellflower too :)
on Wednesday though, it was empty.
I was the only one there.

ari88
09-14-2012, 03:30 PM
Yeah, mine is in Bellflower

BestBefore1984
09-14-2012, 03:54 PM
I got my biometrics letter today. Scheduled for next week 9/19!

fashionfreak64
09-14-2012, 03:57 PM
Just called FBI they said my fingerprints passed and the results were sent back to USCIS Nebraska Service Center that same day I did biometrics I went and did a walkin yesterday. :) so excited! Now that I know that my fingerprints passed and uscis has my results now I know they will continue processing the forms now! Hurry up Nebraska!!!!! I need an Approval already Lol

Dream4Life
09-14-2012, 04:12 PM
Just called FBI they said my fingerprints passed and the results were sent back to USCIS Nebraska Service Center that same day I did biometrics I went and did a walkin yesterday. :) so excited! Now that I know that my fingerprints passed and uscis has my results now I know they will continue processing the forms now! Hurry up Nebraska!!!!! I need an Approval already Lol

im surprised they told you that you passed. they dont give this info out.

NotAPro
09-14-2012, 04:17 PM

They don't.

Most likely the check returned a 'No Record'. But they don't tell you that.

fashionfreak64
09-14-2012, 04:19 PM

Lol silly they only said that my fingerprints passed meaning they went threw and I don't need to take another biometric. the results were sent to NSC-(Nebraska Service Center) the same day I did my biometrics. Which was Sep 13,2012 at 11:00am

goobie_pls
09-14-2012, 04:38 PM
251 active forum users as of this writing. Woah.

pakapoa
09-14-2012, 04:41 PM
thats good traffic to sell to marketers

Oleffj
09-14-2012, 04:42 PM
I did my biometrics in bellflower too :)
on Wednesday though, it was empty.
I was the only one there.

yea was not bad today and am super happy i walked in cuz the wait till 10/2 would be too much for me

jp
09-14-2012, 04:43 PM
I sent my application on 8/22 and i still havnt received my appointment yet.
Is there way that i can check whether uscis has sent the biometric? Or somebody else still waititng?

g33k
09-14-2012, 04:44 PM
251 active forum users as of this writing. Woah.

This site has the guest number set to 50 as default.

Tortoise77
09-14-2012, 05:21 PM
I got my biometrics letter today. I updated my siggy check it out vvvv

Dreamer921
09-14-2012, 06:21 PM
I wonder how many applications were processed this week. I need patience.

fashionfreak64
09-14-2012, 06:44 PM
Does anyone know if any of the service center work weekends? Like nebraska or vermont or any of the other service centers? Has anyone gotten approved during a weekend like saturday or sunday?

DreamBaybeh
09-14-2012, 06:56 PM
Does anyone know if any of the service center work weekends? Like nebraska or vermont or any of the other service centers? Has anyone gotten approved during a weekend like saturday or sunday?

My case got sent to Nebraska, and it doesn't seem they operate on weekends (most government offices don't).

DreamBaybeh
09-14-2012, 06:56 PM
Got my biometrics letter today!! OCTOBER 2ND BITCHES!

iwanttodothiscorrectly
09-14-2012, 06:58 PM
Just wanted to give a quick update. I received my biometrics appointment yesterday 09/13/12 for 09/27/12 with the address of the application center. After hearing about some of you successfully walking in I decided to try it. I showed up at 12:30 pm on a Friday, and asked if this was the place for my appointment. They said yes it is . I told them today wasn't my appointment and the guy asked me if I wanted to do it today. They were bored because they was nobody in there waiting. The entire process took 10 minutes and I was leaving the office. The people working in the office were very nice and polite, and helpful. It could have been excellent timing but in would recommend giving it a try. What could it hurt. Now the waiting game.

golcarfel
09-14-2012, 07:00 PM
Hey guys, I have a quick question. If I want to call the FBI to get the status on my Biometrics but I don't have an alien number, do I just give them my receipt number?

Tardis_TX
09-14-2012, 07:11 PM
Update:

Today was my biometrics appointment. The only identifications that I took with me were my school id, expired passport, and matricula, but they only asked for my school id when I checked in. They made me fill out paper to verify my name and case number, then an immigration agent called me to his office and asked me for my passport, he was very friendly and he told me not worry that he has yet to see anyone get denied for the deferred action for childhood arrivals. I was then given a number and was told to take a seat, about 5 minutes later I was called on, and they took my picture and finger prints. The center that I went to, there were about 10 other people waiting but I don't think they were there for the I-812D, I was done with the whole thing in less than 30 minutes.

Application completed by: myself
Date Application Sent -8/18/12
The Lockbox the application was sent to - USCIS Dallas Lockbox Facility
Mailing Method (Express, priority, certified) etc. - express
Date delivered - 8/20/12
Date acceptance letter of application received - 8/20/12
Date of I-797 C Notice of Action (Application Approved) - 8/27/12 by mail
Date Biometrics appointment - 9/14/12 @9am
Date of EAD received - waiting

dreamss
09-14-2012, 07:22 PM
got my appt for 9/24

Dreamer921
09-14-2012, 07:48 PM
Ok guys the week is over!!! Let's all hope that next week we get more approvals!!!!

fashionfreak64
09-14-2012, 07:49 PM
Hey guys, I have a quick question. If I want to call the FBI to get the status on my Biometrics but I don't have an alien number, do I just give them my receipt number?

How do you not have a A number?!??? How did you even get processed for biometrics??!! You need an A number to do a biometrics background check. You need to call USCIS ASAP!!!!! That's not a good thing. All people who are immigrants to the USA have a A number or its also called a Alien Number. They use that A number to link your Forms and for other immigration purposes. FBI ask for A number not the form numbers.

golcarfel
09-14-2012, 08:00 PM
How do you not have a A number?!??? How did you even get processed for biometrics??!! You need an A number to do a biometrics background check. You need to call USCIS ASAP!!!!! That's not a good thing. All people who are immigrants to the USA have a A number or its also called a Alien Number. They use that A number to link your Forms and for other immigration purposes. FBI ask for A number not the form numbers.

How do you get an A number? All I have is the I-94 number from when I came in to this country but I was never assigned an Alien Number. In the application, I left that section black because it didn't apply to me. I did however input my I-94 number when asked. Should I be worried!?!

amik2k
09-14-2012, 08:11 PM
How do you get an A number? All I have is the I-94 number from when I came in to this country but I was never assigned an Alien Number. In the application, I left that section black because it didn't apply to me. I did however input my I-94 number when asked. Should I be worried!?!

Check your I-797 Notice letter. they assign you one on there if you don't already have one. I didn't have one before this process and my letter contained one at the top right corner. Good luck!!

amik2k
09-14-2012, 08:15 PM
Check your I-797 Notice letter. they assign you one on there if you don't already have one. I didn't have one before this process and my letter contained one at the top right corner. Good luck!!

Also check your biometrics appt letter. it should be in one of the boxes at the top right.

originalgabe
09-14-2012, 08:52 PM
Gabe! You barely made the cutoff man. Good to see you're still around.

I know barely squeezed thru the age cap haha! Thanks Sir, good to see you Denis! Howve you been?

JGarza90
09-14-2012, 09:13 PM
Ok guys the week is over!!! Let's all hope that next week we get more approvals!!!!

Hopefully, maybe they are gona take Mondays to work on our cases, since we didn't really heard of others approved besides the girl on Tuesday.

NatalyMm
09-14-2012, 10:37 PM
I posted on another thread but nobody has answered. Does anybody here happen to know how I would go about changing my name once and if I get approved. I would like my married name to be on all my info like s.s and drivers license. But I filed the application with my maiden name since I didn't want any confusion denial or delay because my maiden name is on all my evidence. Like of I bring them my marriage certificate and my ead is that enough for them to give me my s.s with my married name?

Hi Im from california,got my paper work done by a lawyer. I had been dying to finally use my new last name.
We had filed my paper work and when we got to the part of the paper work asking if I use another name I told the lawyer that in my marriage certificate it stated that I wanted to change my last name so she advised me to start it all over again and use my new last name even tho my passport and everything else had my maiden name. All we did was add my maiden name to others named used. So now if I get approved all my papers will have my new name on it instead of having to file for a change of name after u already receive ur SSN making it a longer process

Juany7413
09-14-2012, 11:00 PM
Hi Im from california,got my paper work done by a lawyer. I had been dying to finally use my new last name.
We had filed my paper work and when we got to the part of the paper work asking if I use another name I told the lawyer that in my marriage certificate it stated that I wanted to change my last name so she advised me to start it all over again and use my new last name even tho my passport and everything else had my maiden name. All we did was add my maiden name to others named used. So now if I get approved all my papers will have my new name on it instead of having to file for a change of name after u already receive ur SSN making it a longer process

Yes I also send all my paper work with my married name alias my maiden name .. That's what the lawyer suggested since I'm married

golcarfel
09-14-2012, 11:32 PM

Also check your biometrics appt letter. it should be in one of the boxes at the top right.

Dang I didn't see that and I left that part blank :( The lady that saw me took my application and my Biometrics appointment letter for a good 15 min before letting me through. I'm hoping she saw that I left it blank and filled it herself. Ill have to call Monday and ask. Thanks for the help guys!

Aluap711
09-15-2012, 12:01 AM

I did the same thing

li_91
09-15-2012, 12:03 AM

Yea that makes sense. I was going to do that but the people at uscis confused me I kept asking them if my legal name was the one on my marriage certificate and that all my evidence was with my maiden name they told me I should use the one on my birth certificate or the one on a court ordered name change if I had one. Hopefully it's not to big of a deal later....thanks for the response!

Aluap711
09-15-2012, 12:13 AM
Although you can still change your name li_91; once you go get your ssn and ID they will ask you I you want to change your name and stuff. I know because that happen to my older sister(I-130) thats how she was aboe to change it. Just make sure you carry your marriage license when the time comes!

yurchie
09-15-2012, 01:15 AM
I know barely squeezed thru the age cap haha! Thanks Sir, good to see you Denis! Howve you been?

Doing well :) You're one day ahead of me on the submission! I expect that we'll both have our EADs by the middle of October :D

originalgabe
09-15-2012, 02:55 AM
Doing well :) You're one day ahead of me on the submission! I expect that we'll both have our EADs by the middle of October :D

Glad to hear :). Oh man you think so? in your opinion do the bio metrics pretty much signal pre approval?

yurchie
09-15-2012, 03:55 AM
Glad to hear :). Oh man you think so? in your opinion do the bio metrics pretty much signal pre approval?

Unless you have a criminal record. I think that if you don't receive any requests for evidence and you submitted as much as you could and did it correctly, there's really no way for you to get denied.

bhendry
09-15-2012, 09:51 AM
Hey guys! I'm just found this forum yesterday!! I had a couple of questions. 1) for 2012 evidence I gave my lawyer all my pay stub and bank statements for every month and see other things. He didn't mail any of my evidence for 2012 only thing he mailed was my June bank statement showing i was present 6/15/12. You think I will be ok? I don't want my application to de delayed. 2). I live 2 1/2 hrs away from where im suppose to get my finger prints.y brother has his appointment 9/27 should I just do a walk in? 3). My lawyer also didn't mail a copy of my marriage certificate...all my evidence is in my mafien name and for my current name he put my new name. He said USCIS already has my marriage certificate bc I submitted it a year ago for my I130. Is this true or does my lawyer just suck? Wish i would have found this site earlier! Good luck to all :)

Ines
09-15-2012, 10:38 AM
Hey guys! I'm just found this forum yesterday!! I had a couple of questions. 1) for 2012 evidence I gave my lawyer all my pay stub and bank statements for every month and see other things. He didn't mail any of my evidence for 2012 only thing he mailed was my June bank statement showing i was present 6/15/12. You think I will be ok? I don't want my application to de delayed. 2). I live 2 1/2 hrs away from where im suppose to get my finger prints.y brother has his appointment 9/27 should I just do a walk in? 3). My lawyer also didn't mail a copy of my marriage certificate...all my evidence is in my mafien name and for my current name he put my new name. He said USCIS already has my marriage certificate bc I submitted it a year ago for my I130. Is this true or does my lawyer just suck? Wish i would have found this site earlier! Good luck to all :)

My Biometrics appointment was for September 26. I did a walk-in yesterday with no problems, in a different location from the one I was assigned.

Vergara14
09-15-2012, 11:13 AM
Date Application Sent by lawyer - 8/31/12
The Lockbox the application was sent to - Chicago from Washington
Mailing Method (Express, priority, certified) etc. - Certified
Rerouted to Nebraska Center
Date delivered - 9/7/12
Date acceptance letter of application sent to me - 9/11/12
Date of I-797 C Notice of Action for I-821 D and I-765 (Application Approved) - 9/14/12
Date Biometrics scheduled - TBA
Date of EAD received - TBA

Ali88
09-15-2012, 12:52 PM
Got two biometrics letter and they both look identical. Anyone else get two? :S So happy! It's for the 26th, I will skip my walk in I planned and go on the date issued.

DACA_Billionaire2be
09-15-2012, 01:04 PM
Got two biometrics letter and they both look identical. Anyone else get two? :S So happy! It's for the 26th, I will skip my walk in I planned and go on the date issued.

Same here I received two.

bhendry
09-15-2012, 02:08 PM
is it me or is Vermont slower than the other lockbox's???

Vergara14
09-15-2012, 02:43 PM
Yeah, for some reason Vermont is slower. I had heard of complaints for them for types of petitions. Hopefully they get their act together. You can also call uscis and ask for an update in your case even I you haven't received your receipt number. I did that yesterday and they told me that they had sent it on 9/11. I went to the mail yesterday and my receipt notices were there.

bhendry
09-15-2012, 02:59 PM
I received my receipt yesterday!! I've been looking at peoples timelines and some sent their application in after I did and received their receipt faster than me! My lawyer mailed my application to Chicago and it ho routed to Vermont. Why does that happen?

bn0104
09-15-2012, 03:36 PM
UPDATE!

Just got my I-797C's today!
I'm just waiting for my biometrics appointment now.

Can i start feeling safe and more confident now? I'm 100% sure my biometrics will go fine unless I did something criminal that I didn't know about hah. I feel like they wouldn't tell me to wait for my biometrics if there were any other problems with my application. Thanks guys.

Goodluck to everyone and it's great to see everyone's progress!

NatalyMm
09-15-2012, 03:43 PM
I finally received my letter today with my biometric appointment for October 11 in Chatsworth, CA

Date Application Sent/ Location- 09/05/2012 from Van Nuys, CA
The Lockbox the application was sent to -Arizona lockbox
Mailing Method (Express, priority, certified)-USPS Certified
Date delivered - 09/07/2012 10:21AM
Date acceptance letter of application received - 09/11/12
Date of I-797C appointment notice- 09/14/12
Date Biometrics Scheduled- 10/11/12 at USCIS Chatsworth,CA
Date of EAD received-

knives
09-15-2012, 03:45 PM
If any one with that got routed to texas or any other place other then Nebraska gets an approval, make sure to let it be known, so far all the approvals have been from nebraska.

originalgabe
09-15-2012, 03:57 PM
awesome! now just a waiting game

DACA_Billionaire2be
09-15-2012, 05:01 PM
If any one with that got routed to texas or any other place other then Nebraska gets an approval, make sure to let it be known, so far all the approvals have been from nebraska.

Definitely will, it would be Amazing if I got approved as soon as next week

fashionfreak64
09-15-2012, 05:13 PM
i am really glad that my forms are being processed in nebraska :D

Dreamsdocometrue
09-15-2012, 06:39 PM
I have decided to do a walk in, I can't wait two whole entire weeks!
And I'm going to be positive about Vermont, omg.
Application done by SC Lawyer.
From Miami, Fl.
Date Application Sent: 8/31/12 By USPS Priority

twowayradios45
09-15-2012, 06:48 PM
From Miami, Fl.

you can wait lol...but hey it's worth a shot

fashionfreak64
09-15-2012, 07:16 PM
UGH I WANT TO GET APPROVED ALREADY HURRY UP NEBRASKA!!!!!!! Hopefully i get APPROVED by this week coming up. *crossing fingers*!

car0593
09-15-2012, 07:23 PM
From Miami, Fl.

Yeah bro ima walk in on monday to! I can't wait 2 weeks either haha

xfitter22
09-15-2012, 08:49 PM
hello again everyone,
I have a question, Has anyone done a walk-in appointment at the ASC in Alexandria,VA if so, then could you tell me how it went and also if there is anything in particular I need to know. Thanks in advance.

Application Sent -09/04/12 Washington,DC
Delivered - 09/06/12
G1145 - 09/07/12
I-797c - Received 09/15/12.
Biometrics - 09/15/12 Appointment on: 10/10/12

vivace
09-15-2012, 10:19 PM
My biometrics letter came exactly one week after my I-797C's! :D
Scheduled for October 9th, might walk-in this Friday.

marley monster
09-15-2012, 10:56 PM
UGH I WANT TO GET APPROVED ALREADY HURRY UP NEBRASKA!!!!!!! Hopefully i get APPROVED by this week coming up. *crossing fingers*!

Your walk-in and my walk-in are the same. so if we get approved it would be around the same time :grin:

Good Luck to both of us haha

Dreamer921
09-15-2012, 11:40 PM
Yeah I also did the walk-in on the 12th!!

dr3america
09-15-2012, 11:43 PM
Your walk-in and my walk-in are the same. so if we get approved it would be around the same time :grin:

Good Luck to both of us haha

you did a walk-in? I envy you -___- you damn little cheater lol.
Goodluck tho :D

dreamiee
09-16-2012, 03:57 AM
I'm from CALI and i just got my biometrics appointment...i was beginning to worry, seems like CA is really slow...

yurchie
09-16-2012, 03:59 AM
I'm from CALI and i just got my biometrics appointment...i was beginning to worry, seems like CA is really slow...

Weird, my application was received on 9/6/2012 and I just got my biometrics appointment today for 9/26/2012. I'll be walking in on Monday.

dreamiee
09-16-2012, 04:15 AM
yea i don't know so strange but i just am happy i didn't have to wait til october...it would really suck

yurchie
09-16-2012, 04:18 AM

yea i don't know so strange but i just am happy i didn't have to wait til october...it would really suck

Where in CA are you from? You should go to your ASC on Monday and do a walk-in.

dreamiee
09-16-2012, 04:20 AM
i'm from norcal...near sacramento...i'd rather just go by the appointment since it's on a friday..

fashionfreak64
09-16-2012, 12:13 PM
I got this info from a immigration agent yesterday threw USCIS toll call. So found out that nebraska service center processes the forms faster! than other service centers like Vermont I found out that they work at a slow pace and lots of complaints from people. People for I-821D could take up to 4-6 weeks for approval same also goes for Texas service center and California service center they both have slow processing times 4-6 weeks. I'm very glad mines is in Nebraska service center And not in any other service center.

tommydreamer
09-16-2012, 02:25 PM
I got this info from a immigration agent yesterday threw USCIS toll call. So found out that nebraska service center processes the forms faster! than other service centers like Vermont I found out that they work at a slow pace and lots of complaints from people. People for I-821D could take up to 4-6 weeks for approval same also goes for Texas service center and California service center they both have slow processing times 4-6 weeks. I'm very glad mines is in Nebraska service center And not in any other service center.

4-6 weeks or months? And from which point? Weeks is nothing...

teacup
09-16-2012, 02:50 PM
well either way it sucks the other centers aren't gonna step it up and atleast it gives us a time frame of how long its gnna take.
I supose that would explain why tommydreamer hasn't gotten his yet.. so tommy expect something around end of month perhaps?

tommydreamer
09-16-2012, 02:53 PM
Ugh I gave up all hope.

fashionfreak64
09-16-2012, 03:23 PM
Ugh I gave up all hope.

Don't give up hope! You can wait a couple of more weeks :) things happen for a reason.

knives
09-16-2012, 03:27 PM
i dont understand how it can be as little as one week for neb, while other places might take a month, it dont make sense.

NotAPro
09-16-2012, 03:35 PM
Nebraska is an I-765 super processor. Nebraska is the center where you e-file/renew your EAD's. With that said NSC is very experience with I-765's.

JGarza90
09-16-2012, 03:37 PM
Hopefully tomorrow we start hearing some more approvals. Can't wait...

knives
09-16-2012, 03:38 PM
Nebraska is an I-765 super processor. Nebraska is the center where you e-file/renew your EAD's. With that said NSC is very experience with I-765's.

What about the Texas center? You have any info on them?

NotAPro
09-16-2012, 03:44 PM
What about the Texas center? You have any info on them?

The other Service Center process I-765's within the margin of time alloted by Law. Which is 90 days from when it is originally submitted (for DACA it's 90 days after they approve your I821D), but that is not the issue here.
We have not seen an I821D approval from another center to know how long they would take to process an I765.

The question is how long do other Service Centers take to approve an I821D not the other way around. What we have been seeing is that NSC was the first to receive the applications and it seems that they were the first to be trained with the process.

EAC and WAC seem to be next in line, I believe SRC was the last center to receive DACA cases, correct me if I am wrong.

But in the end this is all speculation. USCIS has not revealed any indication to how they are internally routing and adjudicating the cases.

lordtarieq
09-16-2012, 03:49 PM
Has anyone considered that certain cases are given priorities over others? Just speculation, maybe there is a commonality in the cases that were approved early besides where they were processed.

kathysure
09-16-2012, 03:57 PM
Where in CA are you from? You should go to your ASC on Monday and do a walk-in.
Yurchie your timeline is exactly like mine my Biometric apt. is n the 27th tho im excited!!! =))

NotAPro
09-16-2012, 04:01 PM
Has anyone considered that certain cases are given priorities over others? Just speculation, maybe there is a commonality in the cases that were approved early besides where they were processed.

Not exactly.
But from Mayorkas, USCIS Director. When adjudication officer looks at two cases and one is reasonably stronger, ie. evidence is verified, records are confirmed etc. and without a doubt could be approved, that case will be Approved.

So, yes, if one case offers quality evidence versus one that is only circumstantial, there has to be an inherent factor of prioritization.

When i was putting my packet together I got myself in the train of thought of USCIS, 'If I submit this will this without a doubt prove that I was here or would it create doubt?' so when I submitted evidence, I submitted only the best (School records etc.) I tried to close any doubt in my case and in any of the requirements. But, that was just me, I had no reason why I shouldn't have any proof since coming here EWI in the late 80's.

lordtarieq
09-16-2012, 04:05 PM
Not exactly.
But from Mayorkas, USCIS Director. When adjudication officer looks at two cases and one is reasonably stronger, ie. evidence is verified, records are confirmed etc. and without a doubt could be approved, that case will be Approved.

So, yes, if one case offers quality evidence versus one that is only circumstantial, there has to be an inherent factor of prioritization.

I fully agree with you on this post. I did the same thing in putting together my package. My package included one document per year since my year of entry just so I could be approved beyond a reasonable doubt.

NotAPro
09-16-2012, 04:06 PM
I fully agree with you on this post. I did the same thing in putting together my package. My package included one document per year since my year of entry just so I could be approved beyond a reasonable doubt.

My evidence showed I was here monthly.
The last 13 months I submitted evidence that I was here weekly. Might of been overboard, but then again I got approved already.

lordtarieq
09-16-2012, 04:09 PM
My evidence showed I was here monthly.
The last 13 months I submitted evidence that I was here weekly. Might of been overboard, but then again I got approved already.

WOW! Just shows how determine we dreamers are in fighting for a little reprieve.

fashionfreak64
09-16-2012, 04:12 PM
Well like I said NSC is faster at processing forms like I-485 and N-400 and I-765. While other service having alonger process wait like I said immigration agent told me saturday that VSC TSC WAC SRC ECT ECT ECT are gonna wait about 4-6 or more weeks for I-821D to be approve. So anyone who's forms are processing in nebraska service center are very lucky bc you will hear back from that center in about 1-3 weeks for an approval for both I-821D and I-765. I'm very lucky and blessed mines is in nebraska service center I should get my approvals for both forms this week or early next week :)

triniboyy
09-16-2012, 04:16 PM
Before I put my package together I was going to put all my bank statements from June 07 till present but I gave USCIS a call and they directed me to just include quarterly statements to keep the paperwork to a minimum. Oh guys, and I also used this cover letter to help organize my documentation. The file can be found here: http://findingatlas.wordpress.com/2012/08/16/a-cover-letter-for-deferred-action-claims/

lordtarieq
09-16-2012, 04:20 PM
Before I put my package together I was going to put all my bank statements from June 07 till present but I gave USCIS a call and they directed me to just include quarterly statements to keep the paperwork to a minimum. Oh guys, and I also used this cover letter to help organize my documentation. The file can be found here: http://findingatlas.wordpress.com/2012/08/16/a-cover-letter-for-deferred-action-claims/

check you private messages

fashionfreak64
09-16-2012, 04:25 PM

Where are your forms being processed? Nebraska? Vermont?

mrhandelz
09-16-2012, 04:25 PM
Not exactly.

When i was putting my packet together I got myself in the train of thought of USCIS, 'If I submit this will this without a doubt prove that I was here or would it create doubt?' so when I submitted evidence, I submitted only the best (School records etc.) I tried to close any doubt in my case and in any of the requirements. But, that was just me, I had no reason why I shouldn't have any proof since coming here EWI in the late 80's.

Came here EWI around the same time as me.
They brought me '89 at 2yrs old.

JGarza90
09-16-2012, 04:29 PM
I have a doubt. Since I live in south Texas so close to Mexico I got a satelite antenna and I use my debit card to give my monthly payment. My debit card it's already registered with that company. It shows like this on my bank statement:

Debit: Signature purchase from SKY RETENCIONES MEXICO DF MXUS

Do you think they will get confused and think I'm still going to Mexico, which I'm not, and get in trouble? I also wrote a small explanation for that charge, which said that I don't go to Mexico, it's all over the phone..

bhendry
09-16-2012, 07:05 PM
Does anyone know of a successful walk in in Nashville, TN?

fashionfreak64
09-16-2012, 08:14 PM
Can't wait till tomorrow all service centers are backup and working on our forms to get approved :) I can't wait to get approved hopefully this week I do will keep everyone updated I'm so excited!!!!!!!!

goobie_pls
09-16-2012, 08:22 PM
Anyone interested in learning about the implementation of this program and what lies ahead should watch this (http://www.c-span.org/flvPop.aspx?src=60days/e080712_immigrants.flv&start=269.238). Also, if you would like to learn more about the adjudication process you might want to read this (http://www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/AFM/HTML/AFM/0-0-0-1/0-0-0-15.html) (Ch. 10), it's pretty damned interesting.

Sammi.love
09-16-2012, 11:37 PM
I'm getting the hang of this so here goes :).
The Lockbox the application was sent to - AZ from Pomona,Cali
Date delivered - 9/7/12
Date acceptance letter of application received -9/11/12 @8:07am
Date of I-797 C Notice of Action (Application Approved -9/13/12. Biometrics-TBA
EAD received -TBA

ari88
09-16-2012, 11:46 PM
Not exactly.

So you don't think its randomly? I was really surprised at how fast I received my notices.

ari88
09-16-2012, 11:48 PM

But if you look at my timeline, you got a sooner appointment than mine, so that is very interesting. They make sure that they give out appointments according to the time the application was received.

ari88
09-16-2012, 11:49 PM
Weird, my application was received on 9/6/2012 and I just got my biometrics appointment today for 9/26/2012. I'll be walking in on Monday.

To which office?

tommydreamer
09-16-2012, 11:54 PM
Keep in mind process is human driven. If worker a is slower then worker b you better hope worker a gets your package. If your packet is larger it takes longer to scan etc.

NotAPro
09-16-2012, 11:59 PM
So you don't think its randomly? I was really surprised at how fast I received my notices.

Not random.
You have a case that comes in;
Biometrics Intake Processed
Name Check Processed
DHS Biometrics Processed
FBI Biometrics Processed

Pretty much at this point any two cases would be the same.
Now you have these two cases where one offers 'sealed'/'certified' evidence, the adjudicator verifies this information and it satisfies all the requirements, takes another case and the evidence is circumstantial ie. Facebook posts, pictures w/out reference or affidavits to provide location or time etc.
Do you think the adjudicator is going to approve the case where the evidence can/has been verified, versus a case that arrived at the same time but the evidence are not beyond the threshold of burden of proof.

From USCIS on evidence.

The standard of proof applied in most administrative immigration proceedings is the “preponderance of the evidence” standard. Thus, even if the director has some doubt as to the truth, if the petitioner submits relevant, probative, and credible evidence that leads the director to believe that the claim is “probably true” or “more likely than not,” the applicant or petitioner has satisfied the standard of proof.

tommydreamer
09-17-2012, 12:12 AM
Not random.
You have a case that comes in;
Biometrics Intake Processed
Name Check Processed
DHS Biometrics Processed
FBI Biometrics Processed

Pretty much at this point any two cases would be the same.
Now you have these two cases where one offers 'sealed'/'certified' evidence, the adjudicator verifies this information and it satisfies all the requirements, takes another case and the evidence is circumstantial ie. Facebook posts, pictures w/out reference or affidavits to provide location or time etc.
Do you think the adjudicator is going to approve the case where the evidence can/has been verified, versus a case that arrived at the same time but the evidence are not beyond the threshold of burden of proof.

From USCIS on evidence.

Facebook posts about how sexy Mila kunis is are not legit?! /troll

NotAPro
09-17-2012, 12:18 AM
Facebook posts about how sexy Mila kunis is are not legit?! /troll

lol....

seano
09-17-2012, 12:40 AM
Anyone interested in learning about the implementation of this program and what lies ahead should watch this (http://www.c-span.org/flvPop.aspx?src=60days/e080712_immigrants.flv&start=269.238). Also, if you would like to learn more about the adjudication process you might want to read this (http://www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/AFM/HTML/AFM/0-0-0-1/0-0-0-15.html) (Ch. 10), it's pretty damned interesting.

i admire your dedication. you so gangnam style~~!

goobie_pls
09-17-2012, 12:53 AM
i admire your dedication. you so gangnam style~~!

http://cdn.popdust.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/gangnam-style-feature.jpg

Bitches don't know about my DACA-fu.

ari88
09-17-2012, 01:15 AM
Maybe the put aside for a bit the cases that need some time to be reviewed and quickly process the ones that don't.

buckminsterfullerene
09-17-2012, 01:15 AM
http://cdn.popdust.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/gangnam-style-feature.jpg

Bitches don't know about my DACA-fu.

lmao.

seano
09-17-2012, 01:17 AM
Guys,, First and foremost, I just want to say thank you to all who had dedicated his/her time into this forum. I just want to encourage and challenge you guys by sharing my thoughts that came across my mind. I see this as a God given opportunity and I am planning to make history. I mean… HISTORY. I believe life is not about seeking personal pleasures or even pursuing happiness, but more about living with and for purpose for others. So, I plan to take legitimate steps to fulfill my purpose. Guys, let’s make some good marks in this country for each other!!! Let none of us be found guilty of a crime! We need to show this country and the people of this country that we are assets rather than unwanted waste. Faith without actions is dead. We must walk our talk. I know we can do it because we are in this together. Lets go!!!!

azulitamuamua
09-17-2012, 01:24 AM
I am from Dallas and the manager at the asc was very rude to me D: he said No you need to bring evidence of your reason to do a walking-in, I only accept walk-ins if you are traveling. yeah that's pretty much what he said.

ari88
09-17-2012, 01:26 AM
I am from Dallas and the manager at the asc was very rude to me D: he said No you need to bring evidence of your reason to do a walking-in, I only accept walk-ins if you are traveling. yeah that's pretty much what he said.

I'm not very good at handling rude people, I take things very personal =/.

dreaming1007
09-17-2012, 01:27 AM
Now just waiting for Biometrics appt!

ari88
09-17-2012, 01:28 AM
Now just waiting for Biometrics appt!

You'll get it next week =)