PDA

View Full Version : Do not use usps priority!!!!

GiveMeAChance
08-30-2012, 07:26 PM
Well... I guess in the end USPS Priority did its job. I sent it on the 25th and it was delivered on the 28th. HOWEVER, I was worried out of my mind all last week. USPS tracking stopped updating on the 28th obviously because it was delivered on that day but I had no idea because tracking info never updated. In fact, my package "is still out for delivery" as of today.

I called USPS on the fourth day (29th) and they CONFIRMED that my package had not been delivered yet and told me to call again on the fifth day if tracking didnt update. I called on the fifth day (30th) and they "opened an investigation", gave me a case number, and told me to expect a call within one business day. On the sixth day I patiently waited for a call I have YET to receive. It wasn't until about 5:30pm when I was able to breath again after I got my two texts/emails from USCIS confirming the delivery on Aug 28, 3 days after indent it.

What a hassle!!!

So I guess if you send it priority give it a week before you start to worry

VJB2
08-30-2012, 07:29 PM
It needs to be USPS EXPRESS.

nesto90
08-30-2012, 07:34 PM
I sent mine on the 23th with priority flat rate envelope, I wish I bought delivery confirmation. I also live an hour away from Chicago. If I don't get text/email notification by tomorrow Im going to be worried.

Tortoise77
08-30-2012, 07:35 PM
I sent mine through priority on tuesday and I check the tracking and it says it has been delivered. I sent mine to the chicago lockbox not the p.o box. Yours hasnt been delivered at all? Did you get a tracking number? If so when was the last place it was tracked? Did it even leave the post office? Im worried my package might be delayed since i mailed it through the express address with priority.

GiveMeAChance
08-30-2012, 07:38 PM
This is all the info I've gotten:

The delivery status for this item has not been updated as of August 28, 2012, 1:21 am.

-Out for Delivery, August 27, 2012, 11:21 am, CHICAGO, IL 60604
-Sorting Complete, August 27, 2012, 11:11 am, CHICAGO, IL 60604
-Arrival at Post Office, August 27, 2012, 6:05 am, CHICAGO, IL 60604
-Depart USPS Sort Facility, August 27, 2012, CHICAGO, IL 60701
-Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility, August 26, 2012, 10:02 pm, CHICAGO, IL 60701

After aug 28 it stopped updating

Tortoise77
08-30-2012, 07:44 PM
Maybe you should call the last place it was? Im starting to think there are assholes out there knowing where these packages are going and what they are and making them dissapear. I dont know its just a thought that has crossed my mind. You know? Anti immigrant people or something. I really hope your package didnt get lost :/

GiveMeAChance
08-30-2012, 07:50 PM
Maybe you should call the last place it was? Im starting to think there are assholes out there knowing where these packages are going and what they are and making them dissapear. I dont know its just a thought that has crossed my mind. You know? Anti immigrant people or something. I really hope your package didnt get lost :/

I did call. I have a case number for the investigation. I should receive a call before the end of the business day tomorrow :-(

g33k
08-30-2012, 07:53 PM
I did call. I have a case number for the investigation. I should receive a call before the end of the business day tomorrow :-(

What sucks is that if it gets lost, your info is at risk.

thatserafimkid
08-30-2012, 07:54 PM
Why would someone not use Express? It only costs 18.50 for the flat rate envelope. It gets there in one business day and you get tracking information. I feel that is more than worth the $20.

GiveMeAChance
08-30-2012, 07:55 PM
8-O that never even crossed my mind!!!

Tortoise77
08-30-2012, 07:56 PM

I really hope everything sorts out! Its very strange since you live an hour away!! You would have been better off taking a bus and dropping it off yourself! :/

GiveMeAChance
08-30-2012, 07:56 PM
Why would someone not use Express? It only costs 18.50 for the flat rate envelope. It gets there in one business day and you get tracking information. I feel that is more than worth the $20.

Because I sent it on a saturday. They don't have one day express to be delivered on Sunday. Even if they did I doubt uscis is open on sundays

thatserafimkid
08-30-2012, 07:58 PM
I sent mine Saturday as well, they just delivered on Monday no issues at 12:02pm, and i was emailed when it got delivered.

GiveMeAChance
08-30-2012, 08:01 PM
I posted this as a warning to others. Not so I could get lectured on what I shoul have done. I'm worried enough as it is.

kabs
08-30-2012, 08:01 PM

C'mon now. Do you think the people who posted USPS Priority thought that their shipments would be delayed for this long and have this many issues in terms of delivery/notifications????

We're the guinea pigs here guys. For future applicants, don't bother with USPS. I would stick with either Fed Ex or UPS.

SERIOUSLY, no one is trying to skimp out on money. People are familiar with USPS due to eBay and other things. USCIS gave two addresses so either way of mailing should have been valid.

thatserafimkid
08-30-2012, 08:03 PM
I wasn't lecturing you, I was adding to the fact that there's no need to use priority when Express is better. You just happened to write you sent yours on a Saturday so I replied with my two cents.

kabs
08-30-2012, 08:04 PM
I posted this as a warning to others. Not so I could get lectured on what I shoul have done. I'm worried enough as it is.

I'll pray for you and your application. I noticed that it was a continuing trend with the board with USPS Priority and Express mailings. Sending it through normal mail gets delayed significantly versus those who use express. Even if they get their on the same day, Express shipments get processes first before Priority shipments.

It shouldn't be like that. That's so messy.

g33k
08-30-2012, 08:04 PM
8-O that never even crossed my mind!!!

From the tracking information shows that it arrive at the postal office of the destination but didn't go through with the delivery or postal worker didn't scan it before leaving it. If this makes you feel better, po boxes take a long time to process the applications.

I send items through USPS everyday so my conclusion is...

Postal worker did not scan the package when delivery took place. In addition, PO Boxes will take about 3 to 4 days to process. If you were to use express, the packages are gathered in real time as opposed to PO Boxes that are checked less often.

DreamBaybeh
08-30-2012, 08:06 PM
Eh, I sent mine priority. I'm not too worried. Plenty of people have sent it first class. Whatever works as long as it gets there. I'm sure problems pop up every now and then with Express, too.

eya-
I used USPS Priority mail, mine got there the next day...

kabs
I wasn't lecturing you, I was adding to the fact that there's no need to use priority when Express is better. You just happened to write you sent yours on a Saturday so I replied with my two cents.

But TBH, I don't know why it should be better. If Priority shipments get delivered at the same time as Express shipments, why are people with the Express shipments getting processed ahead of those with Priority?

If it was BETTER than USCIS needs to specify what type of mailing is better. Both type shipments should be valid.

thatserafimkid
In the end you are free to chose any method you want. My opinion is that using Express which is guaranteed to ship in 1 business day versus priority which is 2-5 days, is a lot better. I would definitely want my package there as quick as possible no matter what.

ItsKdC
08-30-2012, 08:07 PM
I sent mine USPS Priority and had no issues. In fact in all my life i have never had an issue with USPS. I dont know what to tell u, i hope it turns up soon. However myself and many others have had no issues with USPS Priority.

teacup
08-30-2012, 08:09 PM
Did you use the right address for priority mail? i used Priority Mail on mine and bought a confirmation for it. (i sent to the P.O. Box) It got there fine the tracking is kinda off and late but i did see it there. Dunno if that was asked or look into or w/e but just saying.

nesto90
08-30-2012, 08:11 PM
I didn't send it express and I assume the the op didn't because we don't live far from the lockbox so sending it express seemed pointless

kabs
08-30-2012, 08:12 PM
In the end you are free to chose any method you want. My opinion is that using Express which is guaranteed to ship in 1 business day versus priority which is 2-5 days, is a lot better. I would definitely want my package there as quick as possible no matter what.

Ironically, the OP is 1hr away from the Chicago address. Priority mail should have been completely fine.

thatserafimkid
08-30-2012, 08:19 PM
Yea and I feel for him. I know how much not knowing sucks. I wish the best of luck to him.

pakapoa
08-30-2012, 08:24 PM
relax guys, USPS is very reliable in the US they have never failed me even if they never update their tracking infomation on time but rather 4 days later after you package has been delivered unless it's express, which they will update quickly. just make sure your address is spelled correctly though.

GiveMeAChance
08-30-2012, 08:30 PM
relax guys, USPS is very reliable in the US they have never failed me even if they never update their tracking infomation on time but rather 4 days later after you package has been delivered unless it's express, which they will update quickly. just make sure your address is spelled correctly though.

Except USPS confirmed that my package has not been delivered.

twowayradios45
08-30-2012, 08:53 PM
I live in Michigan...and i sent mine to Chicago Monday via first class which is kinda like priority. The confirmation link from USPS says it was delivered today. Now i'm just waiting to hear from USCIS.

Laker24x
08-30-2012, 09:54 PM
Why not use UPS ? some of those gov't workers are lazy as phuck

kabs
08-30-2012, 10:00 PM
Except USPS confirmed that my package has not been delivered.

People keep missing that. It's only good when it delivers. If it doesn't, it sucks. Did you have a copy made of your app????

Why not use UPS ? some of those gov't workers are lazy as phuck

TBH, USPS is losing money and cut down on a lot of ish. I mean, they are generally fine, but for important things... Nah. I prefer FedEx. I do use UPS too since I have it in my neighborhood and it's conveniently located near the post office.

arclite
08-30-2012, 10:20 PM
I sent my package to the Chicago address on saturday morning as priority mail with a delivery certification. Today is thursday and it has not been delivered yet! and I live one hour away from delivery address.

Please use some other method so you do not go thru what I am going thru. I called USPS and they said if it is not delivered within five days they'll start an investigation. Well it's been five days and they started the investigation. They said they would give me a call within one business day.

For your sanity and piece of mind use a more reliable method other than stupid USPS Priority
I completely understand how it feels to be you. I went through the same thing that you went through. I sent mines through USPS and I thought that my package was lost because I sent mines on the 21st and USPS site stopped updating on the 23rd. I called USPS multiple times. I even called the local post office in Texas. Right now my tracking still shows that it went to sorting facility. I paid for delivery confirmation that I never got. My only delivery confirmation was the G1145 text and email that I got from USCIS. I was so relieved and happy. USCIS got my package on the 23rd, the day USPS stopped updating their site. Im guessing your package was delivered on the 27th. You will get confirmation when they email or text you(maybe tomarrow or Monday.
The main problem is that USPS tracking SUUCCKKSS.

Tortoise77
08-30-2012, 10:28 PM
The only reason why the USPS is failing is because of private shipping/ mailing companies. They are having a tough time competing with the big corporate guys. And since the USPS is goverment funded and no one wants to fund the goverment or pay taxes to improve the goverment the people bitch about, its failing. I feel bad for the USPS. Im sure their administration is fucked up but it sucks when people are losing their jobs.

GiveMeAChance
08-30-2012, 10:30 PM
I completely understand how it feels to be you. I went through the same thing that you went through. I sent mines through USPS and I thought that my package was lost because I sent mines on the 21st and USPS site stopped updating on the 23rd. I called USPS multiple times. I even called the local post office in Texas. Right now my tracking still shows that it went to sorting facility. I paid for delivery confirmation that I never got. My only delivery confirmation was the G1145 text and email that I got from USCIS. I was so relieved and happy. USCIS got my package on the 23rd, the day USPS stopped updating their site. Im guessing your package was delivered on the 27th. You will get confirmation when they email or text you(maybe tomarrow or Monday.
The main problem is that USPS tracking SUUCCKKSS.

AAAAHHHH!!!! Ur message gives me hope. Thank you for that. I get to end my night on a good note :D :D

makgrrl
08-31-2012, 12:42 AM
I am experiencing the exact problem GiveMeAChance is. Just be careful guys. If your gonna send your package make sure you send it out right. I sent it out priority on Saturday and while it was supposed to reach on Monday, USPS told me it hasn't been delivered too.

Here is my tracking info as of today:

Delivery status not updated August 28, 2012, 1:21 am
Out for Delivery August 27, 2012, 11:21 am CHICAGO, IL 60604
Sorting Complete August 27, 2012, 11:11 am CHICAGO, IL 60604
Arrival at Post Office August 27, 2012, 6:05 am CHICAGO, IL 60604
Depart USPS Sort Facility August 27, 2012 CHICAGO, IL 60701
Processed through USPS Sort Facility August 26, 2012, 11:53 pm CHICAGO, IL 60701
Depart USPS Sort Facility August 26, 2012 ALLEN PARK, MI 48101
Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility August 25, 2012, 11:42 pm ALLEN PARK, MI 48101

Thank you arclite for sharing your experience. That gave me some hope too. Just be aware of this everyone. It could happen.

Willis1983
08-31-2012, 12:49 AM
I sent my package to the Chicago address on saturday morning as priority mail with a delivery certification. Today is thursday and it has not been delivered yet! and I live one hour away from delivery address.

Please use some other method so you do not go thru what I am going thru. I called USPS and they said if it is not delivered within five days they'll start an investigation. Well it's been five days and they started the investigation. They said they would give me a call within one business day.

For your sanity and piece of mind use a more reliable method other than stupid USPS Priority :(

Same here, I used Priority mail and according to the USPS tracking sistem mine is waiting to be delivered, when in fact it was delivered on 08/18. So, don't despair I guess USPS is overwhelmed delivering such a volume of applications to update on each delivery.

julian0512
08-31-2012, 02:11 AM

It does not need to be express. You can choose whether to send it priority or express. Read the guidelines, ffs.

ggalicia
08-31-2012, 03:56 AM
I choose to use USPS Express it cost me $33.80 but it was delivered the next day before noon

julian0512
08-31-2012, 04:39 AM
I choose to use USPS Express it cost me $33.80 but it was delivered the next day before noon

Woah $33 dollars? Where do you live? It's like 20 dollars here in California.

g33k
08-31-2012, 04:43 AM
Woah $33 dollars? Where do you live? It's like 20 dollars here in California.

Its about $20 for flat rate envelope. She/he had their own package and $33 came based on the weight of the package.

julian0512
08-31-2012, 04:48 AM
Its about $20 for flat rate envelope. She/he had their own package and $33 came based on the weight of the package.

Oohhh, thanks for clearing that up! :)

GiveMeAChance
08-31-2012, 06:21 PM
I just got my 2 confirmations thru text!!!

Swim19
08-31-2012, 06:24 PM

Yay! Glad it worked out! I guess it ended up being delivered? It was just a USPS tracking system problem?

nesto90
08-31-2012, 06:29 PM
Omg so did I, 5:14

arclite
08-31-2012, 06:30 PM
I'm happy for you.
Im happy for myself also. I just got my Biometrics appointment and my 2 i797c in the mail. My appointment is on the 19th.

GiveMeAChance
08-31-2012, 06:32 PM
Yay! Glad it worked out! I guess it ended up being delivered? It was just a USPS tracking system problem?

Oh thank God!

USPS never again. Or anytime soon :-D

Leap of Faith
09-02-2012, 04:56 PM
I used Priority and got it certified. It got there on time and I got my text/email confirmation a few days after. I was glad I sent it Priority. Sorry you had this experience.

Sergl20
09-02-2012, 05:04 PM
I send it through priority mail n had no problem I got all my text n mail on time along with my biometric appoiment ..

emma07
09-02-2012, 05:06 PM
I had no problem with priority mail !!

ggalicia
09-04-2012, 10:05 PM
I live in Ontario Ca but since my packet was big it cost more due to the weight, my packet did not fit in the flat rate envelope

nesto90
09-04-2012, 11:03 PM
Ontario, Canada?

MadMan
09-04-2012, 11:26 PM
Ontario, California perhaps? :D

shl6737
09-05-2012, 12:20 AM

For your sanity and piece of mind use a more reliable method other than stupid USPS Priority :(

Have you tried calling USCIS and ask if they have a case # for you? I was in a similar situation too. I sent my packet from NY to Chicago office via USPS Priority and it got there on a Saturday. First, the tracking said nobody was available and a notice was left. Then, a few hours later it said package delivered. I paid for return reciept but I never got the green card back from them.I had also filled out an G-1145 form also but I never received any text/email from them. At this point, I'm nervous as hell so I called USCIS today and they transferred me to the Chicago office and the agent there told me that they had sent out my I-797C last week and that I should be receiving it sometime today. He also gave me the receipt number over the phone. When I came home from work today, there is was..my two I-797C letters in my mailbox!! What a relief! I hope things are ok on your end!

EDIT: Never mind..I saw your post from earlier lol..Congrats! :)

bseo
09-05-2012, 12:22 AM
you don't necessarily have to use express... I used priority and it was delivered fast. It really depends when you send it.

ggalicia
09-05-2012, 03:23 AM
Ontario, California

johnfreyan
09-05-2012, 04:24 AM
Don't use USPS, period.

Because of the draft problem back in Korea, I had to get my official certificates from there. But when my uncle sent the docs, it went through the USPS system... and I have never seen it. After 2 *months* of investigation, they finally figured out that they sent the package to some town in North California - definitely not Phoenix, AZ.

GiveMeAChance
09-05-2012, 08:50 AM
Well... I guess in the end USPS Priority did its job. I sent it on the 25th and it was delivered on the 28th. HOWEVER, I was worried out of my mind all last week. USPS tracking stopped updating on the 28th obviously because it was delivered on that day but I had no idea because tracking info never updated. In fact, my package "is still out for delivery" as of today.

I called USPS on the fourth day (29th) and they CONFIRMED that my package had not been delivered yet and told me to call again on the fifth day if tracking didnt update. I called on the fifth day (30th) and they "opened an investigation", gave me a case number, and told me to expect a call within one business day. On the sixth day I patiently waited for a call I have YET to receive. It wasn't until about 5:30pm when I was able to breath again after I got my two texts/emails from USCIS confirming the delivery on Aug 28, 3 days after indent it.

What a hassle!!!

So I guess if you send it priority give it a week before you start to worry

Supportthedream2012
09-05-2012, 12:07 PM
This is where reading comprehension comes into play.

It literally says where to mail it.

If you are using priority mail or any other mailing that is NOT overnight or express, you send it to the p.o box. If you are using usps express mail or other overnight courier, you send it to the non po box address.

Dreamer0523
09-05-2012, 12:24 PM
So for express Chicago which address would we use? I thought po box was the only option?

GiveMeAChance
09-05-2012, 12:32 PM
This is where reading comprehension comes into play.

It literally says where to mail it.

If you are using priority mail or any other mailing that is NOT overnight or express, you send it to the p.o box. If you are using usps express mail or other overnight courier, you send it to the non po box address.

The correct address has nothing to do with this post. I'm talking about USPS and its unreliable tracking.

Dres2011
09-07-2012, 11:41 PM
Alright What do? i've got the P.O. Box address for dallas, but I read this thread and im changing my mind on using USPS Priority Certified.

What would be the equivalent service from UPS?

mdhfinsc
09-09-2012, 09:55 AM
I sent mine on priority, Got my 2 I-797C notices in 10 days, then 5 days later I got my Biometrics appoit. Schedule for Sept 13.

We did the same with my cousin. She gots her C notices Friday Sept 7th.

Priority Has nothing to do, it all depends on processing times inside USCIS.

Juanjo
09-09-2012, 11:45 AM

I mailed mine USPS Priority, Certified and delivery went smoothly. It's ok to express your experience, but please don't try to discredit the USPS or a mailing method based only on that.

I do wish things turn out fine for you, though.

Cris_32
09-09-2012, 01:15 PM

No it dosent I sent mine on the 31 & I tracked & it was delivered on the 4th

p97
09-09-2012, 01:22 PM
No it dosent I sent mine on the 31 & I tracked & it was delivered on the 4th

Same here, I sent with Priority Certified 8/31, arrived on 9/3.

Cris_32
09-09-2012, 05:19 PM
Same here, I sent with Priority Certified 8/31, arrived on 9/3.

We send it the same day hopefully this is our week mAn :)

shiro13
09-09-2012, 05:27 PM
So for express Chicago which address would we use? I thought po box was the only option?

For express, you have to send it to the main address. Was it 131 S Dearborn? PO Box I believe is for priority mailing.

As I Grew Older
10-17-2012, 05:21 AM
I had the same experience as the person who created this post.... I won't recomend usps priority however the express seems to work fine, judging from every one else's shared experiences

immarcj
10-18-2012, 03:56 PM
I sent mines USPS priority certified on 10/16/12 delivered in two days 10/18/12, btw when the package gets to the lockbox does the tracking stop there I'm confused?...

GiveMeAChance
10-18-2012, 04:03 PM
I sent mines USPS priority certified on 10/16/12 delivered in two days 10/18/12, btw when the package gets to the lockbox does the tracking stop there I'm confused?...

Mine took 3 days. Except I didn't know that because when I would check the tracking number it kept telling me package was not yet delivered. I sent it Saturday 8/25 and I didn't get any sign of my package having been delivered until I got a text from uscis on 8/31. So between those days I was a wreck thinking my package was lost. I called USPS several times and they "confirmed" my package was lost. Even though it never was and it arrived as it should have.

g33k
10-18-2012, 04:05 PM
Mine took 3 days. Except I didn't know that because when I would check the tracking number it kept telling me package was not yet delivered. I sent it Saturday 8/25 and I didn't get any sign of my package having been delivered until I got a text from uscis on 8/31. So between those days I was a wreck thinking my package was lost. I called USPS several times and they "confirmed" my package was lost. Even though it never was and it arrived as it should have.

The reason this happens is because the mail worker did not do a delivery scan.

immarcj
10-18-2012, 04:15 PM
The reason this happens is because the mail worker did not do a delivery scan.

Yeah USPS doesn't worry about scanning the package for updates, always go with Fedex or UPS.

nicolareid
02-09-2013, 01:42 AM
Did you know that The United States Postal service states that it will only be delivering packages on Saturdays starting this summer? The shipping of letters on weekends will be terminated as a way of saving money. Get a "Cash Advance Loans Are an Underused Resource" cash advance (https://personalmoneynetwork.com/cash-advance/) to pay for your next package.