PDA

View Full Version : USCIS messed up applicant name

dreamydream
09-27-2012, 02:21 PM
Hi,

Did USCIS mess up anyone else's name?
My sister submitted her application, and her name listed on the 765, 182d and the biometric appointment letter all were different. I've contacted them about a week ago asking for correction, and they gave me new numbers that start with T1F.

They told me that my sister can just get her biometrics done, and to simply tell them that USCIS is already working on it.

I am going to call them again tomorrow to make sure that the change is happening.

Did anyone else experience this problem?

girltakescharge1
09-27-2012, 02:45 PM
They messed up my middle name on the actual ead and the receipt that came with it. Nothing else. Working on getting that fixed but not sure how long it will take.

dreamydream
09-27-2012, 07:55 PM
Did they give you a reference number?

girltakescharge1
09-28-2012, 09:28 AM
Did they give you a reference number?

Yes, it starts with the same letter and number as yours, they said it could take up to 15 days to hear back either by mai, email, or phone.

kmpxx
09-28-2012, 11:41 AM
My name was correct on all documents but I did a change of address over the phone. I guess the person typed in my last name wrong because when I got the change of address notice the first letter of my last name was wrong. I called and they told me the same thing that I can get my biometrics done regardless. My change of address took 3-4 days for the notice to arrive, but the change of last name hasn't come in yet even though its been like two weeks.

compedude29
09-28-2012, 11:55 AM
Damn USCIS is rushing through our cases but is making typos ... epic.

dreamydream
09-28-2012, 12:51 PM
Yea, I was told to wait 15 days as well. I really hope this won't slow the process...

Lucy1639
09-28-2012, 01:17 PM
they gave me a middle initial on my i765 receipt he told me to give it 15 days and if i don't receive anything to call them again

dreamydream
09-28-2012, 01:36 PM
Mine has a middle initial on my i765 as well. Isn't that normal?
My ASC appointment notice had my full, correct name, though.

KingGeorge
09-28-2012, 02:19 PM
Yea, I was told to wait 15 days as well. I really hope this won't slow the process...

or maybe they'll put you on hold until all DACA applications are done.

kmpxx
09-28-2012, 02:29 PM

I don't think it really matters. When I did my change of address the date on the notice was a day after I called. However, I don't know why they are taking such a long time when they are fixing their own mistakes. I calculated how many days it's been since I called and today marks the 15th day. I'm calling as soon as I get my biometrics finished.

dreamydream
09-29-2012, 12:20 AM
I don't think it really matters. When I did my change of address the date on the notice was a day after I called. However, I don't know why they are taking such a long time when they are fixing their own mistakes. I calculated how many days it's been since I called and today marks the 15th day. I'm calling as soon as I get my biometrics finished.

Please post here as to what happens!

kmpxx
09-29-2012, 12:24 AM
Please post here as to what happens!

I called and he said to call on Oct. 4th D:<

dreamydream
09-29-2012, 12:51 AM
I called and he said to call on Oct. 4th D:<

That sucks :(. I don't see why it would take so long to change the name. I am probably oversimplifying, but wouldn't the applicant's name be under the alien number, and a update would fix all problems... haha...

buddha2493
09-29-2012, 02:32 AM
So i had the same problem. USCIS messed up the first letter in my middle name. As soon as I received my i797C with the mistake I called they gave me a reference number and told me i would be receiving a letter in the mail within fifteen days. Well almost a month has passed and still no letter. However when I went to my biometrics appointment, the lady at the taking the prints told me it was still wrong and she corrected it for me. Not sure if it has been fixed in the entire database or not as I have not received anything else from USCIS. Point being it shouldn't be a problem take your passport and let them know when you go to your biometrics appointment they will fix it for you.

dreamydream
09-29-2012, 08:09 AM
Ah, thanks so much!
What documentation did you bring for your biometrics that they would accept for updating the name?

I lost my original birth certificate, so I only have a passport, expired i-94, and a college ID.

dreamydream
09-29-2012, 02:22 PM
So i had the same problem. USCIS messed up the first letter in my middle name. As soon as I received my i797C with the mistake I called they gave me a reference number and told me i would be receiving a letter in the mail within fifteen days. Well almost a month has passed and still no letter. However when I went to my biometrics appointment, the lady at the taking the prints told me it was still wrong and she corrected it for me. Not sure if it has been fixed in the entire database or not as I have not received anything else from USCIS. Point being it shouldn't be a problem take your passport and let them know when you go to your biometrics appointment they will fix it for you.

By the way, do you know if it's okay to do a walk-in, while having this name issue? I understand that getting the biometrics done on the appointed date is okay... but what about a walk-in? Do you happen to know?

twowayradios45
09-29-2012, 02:51 PM
i walked in and im still waiting to hear from them lol ...idk if they'll still approve me while they're working on the name issue..what's the reference number for again lol i never really paid attention they said

dreamydream
09-29-2012, 04:07 PM
i walked in and im still waiting to hear from them lol ...idk if they'll still approve me while they're working on the name issue..what's the reference number for again lol i never really paid attention they said

Did the people ask you or did you tell them about the name errors at the biometric place?

The reference number is basically the number of your request to change the name.

buddha2493
09-30-2012, 05:56 AM
Ah, thanks so much!
What documentation did you bring for your biometrics that they would accept for updating the name?

I lost my original birth certificate, so I only have a passport, expired i-94, and a college ID.

I took my birth certificate just in case they asked for it but they only asked for my passport.

By the way, do you know if it's okay to do a walk-in, while having this name issue? I understand that getting the biometrics done on the appointed date is okay... but what about a walk-in? Do you happen to know?

Im not sure about that as i waited for my appointment date.

dreamydream
09-30-2012, 04:51 PM
I took my birth certificate just in case they asked for it but they only asked for my passport.

Im not sure about that as i waited for my appointment date.

Ahh.. Thanks.
Not sure if it's wise to do a walk-in now. :(

ankitkiko
10-01-2012, 10:26 AM
i called because one of my 797 c had wrong middle initial. its been well over a month and have not heard anything. I called after getting bio letter, they gave new conf #, but still havnt heard anything. the bio letter had A B B, meaning they used my last name as my middle name also!. so waiting for the darn EAD approval text :(

dreamydream
10-01-2012, 11:23 PM
i called because one of my 797 c had wrong middle initial. its been well over a month and have not heard anything. I called after getting bio letter, they gave new conf #, but still havnt heard anything. the bio letter had A B B, meaning they used my last name as my middle name also!. so waiting for the darn EAD approval text :(

By confirmation number, are you talking about the reference number that starts with T1F?

dreamydream
10-10-2012, 03:40 PM
Anyone else received a letter saying that they cannot change/update the name until documents have been reviewed and what not?

My sister did, but the alien number written on there was a digit off... really...

twowayradios45
10-11-2012, 02:05 PM
they still let me do the biometrics lol...i got my ead today and my names seems fine on it b/c they only show the initial but the mailing name shows my full name with the same stupid error. my only fear is that the name is still messed up in the system.

dreamydream
10-11-2012, 03:21 PM
they still let me do the biometrics lol...i got my ead today and my names seems fine on it b/c they only show the initial but the mailing name shows my full name with the same stupid error. my only fear is that the name is still messed up in the system.

My sister and I were able to do our biometrics as well.
They first got my sister's name wrong, now her alien number is wrong too...

I think you should call them and ask. I think it will most likely have a wrong middle name on it, considering that your mail had a wrong middle name.
Better safe than sorry, :(

believethedream
10-11-2012, 03:33 PM
Same thing happened to me. My middle name was added a second time. Called once I got my EAD, told me the smae thing, got to wait 15 days for a response.

twowayradios45
10-11-2012, 03:36 PM
i called them today again lol i just hope it doesnt delay the ssn application process

dreamydream
10-11-2012, 03:46 PM
Same thing happened to me. My middle name was added a second time. Called once I got my EAD, told me the smae thing, got to wait 15 days for a response.

Did you get a letter from them saying that they cannot make corrections without proper documentations? Was the alien number on that letter different from the others letters you have received?

twowayradios45
10-11-2012, 04:01 PM
I havent gotten any letters regarding the corrections yet so ill just have to wait it out

li_91
10-11-2012, 04:11 PM
I received my card today and sure enough they messed up my name. Its not a big mistake no spelling errors or anything, they just didn't change my name to my married name and now my maiden name appears on my card. I am now stuck waiting the 15 days. Anybody else who has had to wait 15 days heard anything yet? I called once and they asked me if it was going to affect me getting employed. I really didn't think about it so I said no, but now I realize that I can't even get a social, so it IS affecting my ability to get employed. I called back and asked them if they could expedite my request and the gentleman I spoke to read me a list of 10 requirements that I must meet in order to request for an expedition. Out of the 10 he told me I can select one or more qualifications such as being in the Nations interest that I get helped faster, financial loss to the country or myself, military deployment, USCIS error, and so on. I told him that having the incorrect name, I cannot apply for a social and apply for a job so it is a financial loss to me and my second option was also that it was a USCIS error as I had brought in my marriage certificate to my Biometric appointment and the gentleman who took my fingerprints changed my name in the system right in front of me, he crossed out my maiden name on my biometric appointment notice and wrote my married name and signed his name next to the correction, AND that very same day of my biometrics I Next day mailed a copy of that Biometric appointment notice with the correction, signature and stamp, marriage certificate and a letter explaining what happened. I also told him I have an email confirmation with a signature that it was received on september 18th. So it obviously was a USCIS error. He issued me another reference number different from the one I received the first time I called and again he said I had to wait 15 days.........

JJ Glo
10-11-2012, 04:15 PM
http://www.fatwallet.com/static/attachments/126732_www_plus613_net_grammarnatzeewallotextbydinyctis.jpg

dreamydream
10-11-2012, 05:42 PM
I received my card today and sure enough they messed up my name. Its not a big mistake no spelling errors or anything, they just didn't change my name to my married name and now my maiden name appears on my card. I am now stuck waiting the 15 days. Anybody else who has had to wait 15 days heard anything yet? I called once and they asked me if it was going to affect me getting employed. I really didn't think about it so I said no, but now I realize that I can't even get a social, so it IS affecting my ability to get employed. I called back and asked them if they could expedite my request and the gentleman I spoke to read me a list of 10 requirements that I must meet in order to request for an expedition. Out of the 10 he told me I can select one or more qualifications such as being in the Nations interest that I get helped faster, financial loss to the country or myself, military deployment, USCIS error, and so on. I told him that having the incorrect name, I cannot apply for a social and apply for a job so it is a financial loss to me and my second option was also that it was a USCIS error as I had brought in my marriage certificate to my Biometric appointment and the gentleman who took my fingerprints changed my name in the system right in front of me, he crossed out my maiden name on my biometric appointment notice and wrote my married name and signed his name next to the correction, AND that very same day of my biometrics I Next day mailed a copy of that Biometric appointment notice with the correction, signature and stamp, marriage certificate and a letter explaining what happened. I also told him I have an email confirmation with a signature that it was received on september 18th. So it obviously was a USCIS error. He issued me another reference number different from the one I received the first time I called and again he said I had to wait 15 days.........

The person who took your fingerprints updated the name for you??
Even though I was told by USCIS that I can update my name error at the biometrics appointment, the person who looked over my sister's documents said that she can't change the name that is in the system... She told me to call them.

When I called USCIS on 9/21 regarding the typographical error, they gave me two referral numbers and told me to call back after 15 days for the update status. It has been over 15 days, and when I called them, they told me that they cannot access the information because I received letters from USCIS regarding the typographical error... They told me that I need to make an appointment with a local office or something.

P.S. The first letter that came said basically that they cannot make corrections without proper documentations, and that they would review the issue at processing time. The second letter says that my error has been noted and forwarded to my file for Officer review. And that all corrections and changes are determined at the time of adjudication...

EDIT: One letter is regarding the typographical error for I-765, and the other is for I-821D.
I-765 letter says that the issue will be reviewed at processing times, while the I-821D letter says that all corrections and changes are determined at the time of adjudication.

li_91
10-11-2012, 06:05 PM
The person who took your fingerprints updated the name for you??
Even though I was told by USCIS that I can update my name error at the biometrics appointment, the person who looked over my sister's documents said that she can't change the name that is in the system... She told me to call them.

When I called USCIS on 9/21 regarding the typographical error, they gave me two referral numbers and told me to call back after 15 days for the update status. It has been over 15 days, and when I called them, they told me that they cannot access the information because I received letters from USCIS regarding the typographical error... They told me that I need to make an appointment with a local office or something.

P.S. The first letter that came said basically that they cannot make corrections without proper documentations, and that they would review the issue at processing time. The second letter says that my error has been noted and forwarded to my file for Officer review. And that all corrections and changes are determined at the time of adjudication...

EDIT: One letter is regarding the typographical error for I-765, and the other is for I-821D.
I-765 letter says that the issue will be reviewed at processing times, while the I-821D letter says that all corrections and changes are determined at the time of adjudication.

Yes the man at the ASC changed my name on the system. First while I was filling out the form at biometrics that they hand you I asked them what I could do since I had just received my marriage certificate in the mail. He went in the back to check with a supervisor and came back and handed me the form back and said he will change it for me right there. He scanned my appointment notice and erased old my last name and typed in my new last name. When he was finished he said that all I had to do was mail in a copy of my appointment notice and my marriage certificate to the original lockbox where I sent my application.

I called USCIS today but he only told me to call back if and when in 15 days I did not receive a response regarding the error by phone, mail, or email. He said I could get a response to either or all of those which I provided to him today when he was making a case.

I just don't understand how the second man said it would be expedited since it as a USCIS error, but I still have to wait the 15days for a response just like the first man told me.

They are processing these so fast and making these errors -.-

I hope you get a response and solution soon. Try to make an appointment at the ASC like they told you or maybe just walk in? I'm thinking about going if I don't hear a response soon and hopefully the guy that helped me is there again.

btw..I see your numbers start with t1f...mine start with t1b I wonder what the difference is?

dreamydream
10-11-2012, 06:41 PM
Yes the man at the ASC changed my name on the system. First while I was filling out the form at biometrics that they hand you I asked them what I could do since I had just received my marriage certificate in the mail. He went in the back to check with a supervisor and came back and handed me the form back and said he will change it for me right there. He scanned my appointment notice and erased old my last name and typed in my new last name. When he was finished he said that all I had to do was mail in a copy of my appointment notice and my marriage certificate to the original lockbox where I sent my application.

I called USCIS today but he only told me to call back if and when in 15 days I did not receive a response regarding the error by phone, mail, or email. He said I could get a response to either or all of those which I provided to him today when he was making a case.

I just don't understand how the second man said it would be expedited since it as a USCIS error, but I still have to wait the 15days for a response just like the first man told me.

They are processing these so fast and making these errors -.-

I hope you get a response and solution soon. Try to make an appointment at the ASC like they told you or maybe just walk in? I'm thinking about going if I don't hear a response soon and hopefully the guy that helped me is there again.

btw..I see your numbers start with t1f...mine start with t1b I wonder what the difference is?

Maybe USCIS thought that the name change was wrong or something. It's weird that they would ignore that name update and give you the old last name.

I guess I have to make an appointment and go there.
Good luck with yours!

P.S. Not sure what the difference is either :(.

believethedream
10-11-2012, 07:50 PM
The guy at my Biometrics also added my middle name to the form I filled out. He did it after looking at my passport. So I'm thinking that's when the mistake happen of adding my Second middle name for me.

li_91
10-12-2012, 08:51 AM
Maybe USCIS thought that the name change was wrong or something. It's weird that they would ignore that name update and give you the old last name.

I guess I have to make an appointment and go there.
Good luck with yours!

P.S. Not sure what the difference is either :(.

I don't know why they would ignore it either especially after I sent them evidence that the name change was legal. I just wish I knew if I should apply for a social now and just bring my ead and my marriage certificate and apply under my married name or just leave it and apply with my maiden name that's on the card.

Good luck with yours too and please let me know how it goes!

sauronsauroff
10-12-2012, 06:05 PM
Ugh. Was all happy when I received my EAD today, but on the envelope they included my middle name to my first name AND added it as a middle name as well. If my name was supposed to be: "Min Su Lee (obv not my real name)," now my name is "Minsu Su Lee." And sure enough, my EAD card also had it spelled that way. Whaaaat...

I have a Korean name, which means I have a two syllable first name that's hard to read to English speakers if the syllables are put together. This is why on all my official documents, my "first name" is the Min part and my "middle name" is the Su part. For some reason, someone at the USCIS put those two syllables together for me AND kept the second syllable as middle name-_-

Do you think this is an issue I should get fixed ASAP...? Gahhh I've already applied for jobs, thinking that I'll be able to apply for SSN next week!

dreamydream
10-12-2012, 06:45 PM
I don't know why they would ignore it either especially after I sent them evidence that the name change was legal. I just wish I knew if I should apply for a social now and just bring my ead and my marriage certificate and apply under my married name or just leave it and apply with my maiden name that's on the card.

Good luck with yours too and please let me know how it goes!
Thanks, and will do! Good luck to you as well.

Ugh. Was all happy when I received my EAD today, but on the envelope they included my middle name to my first name AND added it as a middle name as well. If my name was supposed to be: "Min Su Lee (obv not my real name)," now my name is "Minsu Su Lee." And sure enough, my EAD card also had it spelled that way. Whaaaat...

I have a Korean name, which means I have a two syllable first name that's hard to read to English speakers if the syllables are put together. This is why on all my official documents, my "first name" is the Min part and my "middle name" is the Su part. For some reason, someone at the USCIS put those two syllables together for me AND kept the second syllable as middle name-_-

Do you think this is an issue I should get fixed ASAP...? Gahhh I've already applied for jobs, thinking that I'll be able to apply for SSN next week!
Yea, I guess it's because they aren't too familiar with Korean names. My sister's name is also Korean.

From what I've been told by USCIS, you need to make an appointment through the USCIS website under "infopass". This is if you have already requested for name update and have received letters regarding the request. Good luck!
These errors are really making me depressed =/. Feels like a sucker punch, haha.

dreamydream
10-12-2012, 07:34 PM
I am trying to make an appointment with infopass, and I was wondering which option I should choose:

1) Case Processing Appointment - If you received a notice to go to your local office for further case processing.

2) EAD inquiry appointment - If your I-765 employment authorization application has been pending for more than 90 days.

Not sure which one is best for a typographical error. What do you guys think?

li_91
10-12-2012, 09:19 PM

If it helps I decided to apply for a SSN anyway with the wrong name. That's what the ss office lady told me I could do since the SSN has to match exactly what's on the card. She did advice me that once I get my name changed with uscis (which from my research I've heard it takes a while because they request you to send the card back along with supporting documents so they can review them and issue you a new card) and go back to ss office to request a name change on my social security once I receive the updated card that way I don't have to wait for the error to be fixed.

SS doesn't charge to issue you a new card because of a name change.

sauronsauroff
10-13-2012, 12:12 AM
If it helps I decided to apply for a SSN anyway with the wrong name. That's what the ss office lady told me I could do since the SSN has to match exactly what's on the card. She did advice me that once I get my name changed with uscis (which from my research I've heard it takes a while because they request you to send the card back along with supporting documents so they can review them and issue you a new card) and go back to ss office to request a name change on my social security once I receive the updated card that way I don't have to wait for the error to be fixed.

Thank you for this. I've already called in to request a name change, because I just don't want any more complications. Haha. I had to take some time to regain patience though.
Having an actual physical EAD card, albeit for 15 days only, feels pretty good after all :) Hope our issues are resolved soon... (we have the same approval and receipt date!)

MT3
10-13-2012, 12:18 AM
Hey guys how do i post a threat????

sauronsauroff
10-13-2012, 12:23 AM
Hey guys how do i post a threat????

This is how you post a threat:
"Gentlemen, I am going to start throwing things at my dog if my EAD isn't delivered by exactly 1300 hours, Monday."

This is how you post a thread:
Find the "Post New Thread" button next to "View" on top of the page numbers and next to the "search section."

dreamydream
10-13-2012, 11:03 AM
I am trying to make an appointment with infopass, and I was wondering which option I should choose:

1) Case Processing Appointment - If you received a notice to go to your local office for further case processing.

2) EAD inquiry appointment - If your I-765 employment authorization application has been pending for more than 90 days.

Not sure which one is best for a typographical error. What do you guys think?

Anyone know? I would like to make an appointment as soon as possible =/.

sauronsauroff
10-13-2012, 04:26 PM
Anyone know? I would like to make an appointment as soon as possible =/.

Have you tried calling them to ask which option? The first one sounds more likely, since it hasn't been 90 days yet. Also I think I-765 is considered closed case once you've been given a card.

dreamydream
10-13-2012, 08:54 PM
Have you tried calling them to ask which option? The first one sounds more likely, since it hasn't been 90 days yet. Also I think I-765 is considered closed case once you've been given a card.

I am planning on calling them Monday. Fortunately, I am still in "initial review". Hopefully I can settle this for my sister before she is approved.

kmpxx
10-13-2012, 09:46 PM
I still haven't received my letter and truthfully I haven't bothered to call them. The only place my name was misspelled was the change of address letter I got. I just haven't mustered up the patience to talk to another uscis customer service representative and have them read off the initial review paragraph.

twowayradios45
10-14-2012, 02:00 AM

...Dang it. I hate the fact that it has to match. I'll go try and see if they can make it with the correct name because all that's messed up is the last letter of my first middle name. Long names = more problems :cry: ...i dont know why my parents had to give me two middle names smh lol

li_91
10-14-2012, 08:36 AM
...Dang it. I hate the fact that it has to match. I'll go try and see if they can make it with the correct name because all that's messed up is the last letter of my first middle name. Long names = more problems :cry: ...i dont know why my parents had to give me two middle names smh lol

Yup I asked her because on the ss application it says name to be on card, and names used underneath it. I told her if on the card it could show the name on the ead card but with only one last name instead of the two. She said no it has to be exactly like on the card because we have to get it verified by the DHS and if doesn't match exactly it won't pass verification.

kmpxx
10-14-2012, 11:26 AM

My first and last name equal 7 letters. They still messed up. Decided to change the first letter of my last name.

twowayradios45
10-14-2012, 02:37 PM
Yup I asked her because on the ss application it says name to be on card, and names used underneath it. I told her if on the card it could show the name on the ead card but with only one last name instead of the two. She said no it has to be exactly like on the card because we have to get it verified by the DHS and if doesn't match exactly it won't pass verification.

i might as well wait out the 15 days now ...

dreamydream
10-17-2012, 02:21 PM
i might as well wait out the 15 days now ...

Could you please update us after the 15 days? I would like to know the procedure you took and if it's painless to request for new EAD card with the correct name, after being already being issued an EAD.

ankitkiko
10-17-2012, 08:52 PM
i had to call twice, once after getting 797's and another time when i got bio notice. i didnt hear anything back. not yet either. i went for bio and no probs, i said i called to have things fixed. i guess im lucky my ead has everything correct.

li_91
10-19-2012, 09:11 PM
So I just got mail from uscis. It was my marriage certificate that I mailed them they day I got the biometrics taken. They also included my cover letter stamped with the date they received it and they cut out the shipping label from my priority flat rate envelope.

There was a letter from them that said to return my ead along with the supporting documents and that same letter.

The letter had my updated name as well as the envelope that everything came in.

I'm waiting to return it until after I get my driving permit. I already have my social and I got approved for my first credit card Using my maiden name so all that's left is my permit and then I will mail the card back and switch everything with my married name. I hope this helps any of you with a similar issue

twowayradios45
10-20-2012, 12:18 PM
well i got my social security card with all my names correct. still waiting to hear from uscis lol

cutestar1989
10-20-2012, 01:03 PM
Got my ead today spelled my last name wrong anyone know how long the wait is for them to send out a new one can't all untill Monday I'm livid !!

twowayradios45
10-20-2012, 01:16 PM
call them. they'll make you wait 15 days to receive something in the mail...which i am still waiting for. Be prepared to wait a while

Lucy1639
10-23-2012, 03:40 AM
i received my ead on 10/22/2012 with the same error i had called to get fixed on 09/24/2012 the only thing that differs from this posts is that one they typed my first name twice and the mistake was only done on my I765 receipt, I765 approval, and my ead card, also the lady told me she'd expedite my case and if i didn't hear anything in 5 days to call them again

sauronsauroff
10-23-2012, 11:42 AM
It's been over 15 calendar days for me. I think I'll call USCIS if I don't get anything in the mail today. Ugh.

dreamydream
10-25-2012, 02:03 PM
Any updates?

Yume
10-25-2012, 03:50 PM
This is ANNOYING. My Middle intial has JUST ONE MISTAKE its an A instead of an O. Does this mean I cant get my Social because of ONE letter? Im pissed....how long this gona take? anyone know?

twowayradios45
10-25-2012, 08:54 PM
nothing on my end so im calling them again tomorrow...Yume, i got the same mistake with my middle name and i got my social with no problem and it has all correct names. depending on who you get to help you they might or might not make an issue of it. just make sure you wait out the 10 days before going to the ssa

Yume
10-25-2012, 09:37 PM
Thank you for the reply. The mistake wasn't on the front of the card it was on the back. I went in Today and they didn't say anything, so I'm assuming every thing is fine. Did you call uscis after you applied or are you waiting until you get your social?

dreamydream
10-25-2012, 10:43 PM
Hey Yume, did your previous documents (i765 and i821D letters) have the typographical errors as well? And did you ever request for name corrections, and received referral numbers and letters confirming that USCIS has received your request for name corrections?

twowayradios45
10-25-2012, 11:28 PM
Thank you for the reply. The mistake wasn't on the front of the card it was on the back. I went in Today and they didn't say anything, so I'm assuming every thing is fine. Did you call uscis after you applied or are you waiting until you get your social?

me too it only shows on the back, but I called them 2 weeks ago the same day i got my ead card. then i went and applied for a ss card the next week and got it last week saturday. i got my permit yesterday. just make sure when you apply for anything else the information is correct.

twowayradios45
10-26-2012, 04:58 PM
called today and apparently they sent me an email sometime ago and nothing in the mail. The lady on the phone read it to me and it basically said to mail back my EAD, file a new i-765 application with a cover letter stating the error, copies of my birth cert, passport, and whatever evidence i have...then they'll determine whether it'll be free to fix or if i have to fork out some more $$$........yeah.....about that.......honestly, i dont feel like sending it back right now. I'll wait till i get a job at least. good luck to everyone else!

Lucy1639
10-26-2012, 05:17 PM
called today and apparently they sent me an email sometime ago and nothing in the mail. The lady on the phone read it to me and it basically said to mail back my EAD, file a new i-765 application with a cover letter stating the error, copies of my birth cert, passport, and whatever evidence i have...then they'll determine whether it'll be free to fix or if i have to fork out some more $$$........yeah.....about that.......honestly, i dont feel like sending it back right now. I'll wait till i get a job at least. good luck to everyone else!

mother fuckers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

bere11
10-30-2012, 02:15 AM
Hi all! I'm new here, but I've been looking through these forums for a while. So I received my EAD on Saturday and noticed that they had spelled my second last name wrong. It's supposed to have a z instead of an s in the middle. It's not a big deal, but I was wondering if it would affect me since it's spelled with a z on my birth certificate and passport. I usually don't use my second last name but I guess when I did my biometrics the lady wrote it on the form that I filled out and somehow it got misspelled along the way. I applied for my ssn today and they didn't question the typo. Should I call to have it fixed or leave it like that?

Cris_32
10-30-2012, 01:40 PM
Ugh I haven't receive it yet & I had a feeling it's gonna have a mistake! When I went to. Get my biometrics done the lady said it was wrong although she correct it in her system idk If its going to be correct at the main uscis system

JohannBernoulli1667
11-03-2012, 12:19 AM
My second name got misspelled on my ead. It has Navaro instead of Navarro. Note I did not even put that name on the applications since it is not used. I applied for a ssn. They could only put it in the system as it is written on the Ead or the computer would not take it. If i receive the ssn I will try to get my state id to then change the error and work backwards.

alexc
11-04-2012, 03:27 PM
Any updates guys?
I returned my card a week ago because of a typo..

JohannBernoulli1667
11-04-2012, 06:11 PM
Any updates guys?

I am going to infopass tomorrow. I want to talk to someone face to face. I also hired an attorney. It might be a long wait.

Has anyone gone to infopass and gotten anything out of it?

JohannBernoulli1667
11-04-2012, 09:08 PM
Any updates guys?

It will take a while from what i have been reading. I will let you know what I get resolved tomorrow at info pass

alexc
11-05-2012, 12:58 AM
It will take a while from what i have been reading. I will let you know what I get resolved tomorrow at info pass

thank you! please let me know
and since i had a lawyer file my application for DACA
he's taking care of this bullshit as well..

bere11
11-05-2012, 01:25 PM
I called USCIS today and they also told me to wait 15 days but it seems like a lot of people have been waiting longer than that. I might just leave it like that if I don't hear back from them soon. I already made an appointment to take my written test next week and get my ID. I really don't want to keep waiting for them. I hope someone hears of an easier and faster solution to this.

sauronsauroff
11-06-2012, 01:25 PM
I posted this in another thread as well, but here's my update...

I called 10/12 to fix the typo in my name. Was told to wait 15 days for a mail with instructions. Got nothing so far.

Called USCIS to inquire just now. The first person I talked to was clueless. She pulled up my records and saw that they've supposedly sent an email to me on Oct. 20-something. I've never received anything. I've been checking every folder including spam. So I asked her if she could forward it to me(I could've said re-send, in hindsight) but she said no. Instead, she read off it and all that it had was the address to which I have to send my incorrect EAD to. In fact, she made a mistake reading the address, which I only found out after googling the addy to make sure it's correct. Makes me wonder if anyone at the USCIS is capable of goddamn spelling anything right.

Anyway, I called again to see if I could get anything else out of another service rep. This girl was more knowledgeable but she couldn't give me any more information than what I already had.

SO I guess I'm sending my card in... Hopefully it won't get lost in the system. I'm mad that I can't do anything to make sure it doesn't get lost, even when it was their fault.

Lucy1639
11-07-2012, 11:19 PM
well, yesterday i called uscis to ask for info since they got my card and all the info last Thursday and the girl was a freaking B***H gave me no info aside from laugh when i said that they told me they expedited my case and that's when i said, "i know right i don't believe you guys either". Well, anyways tonight they updated my case online and it says that they ordered my card production once again so we'll see when i get my card.

JohannBernoulli1667
11-07-2012, 11:51 PM
well, yesterday i called uscis to ask for info since they got my card and all the info last Thursday and the girl was a freaking B***H gave me no info aside from laugh when i said that they told me they expedited my case and that's when i said, "i know right i don't believe you guys either". Well, anyways tonight they updated my case online and it says that they ordered my card production once again so we'll see when i get my card.

Would you mind telling us what kind of info you sent. I am getting ready to send mine.

Thank you!

Lucy1639
11-08-2012, 12:23 AM
Would you mind telling us what kind of info you sent. I am getting ready to send mine.

Thank you!

i was asked for:
Copy of i765 receipt
Copy of i765 approval letter
EAD card
a letter explaining what happened and what was wrong i made sure to include the referral numbers to the inquiries i made along with the dates that i made them.

cutestar1989
11-08-2012, 12:52 AM
hey guys just an update so i was approved on oct16 and recieved my ead on the 20th and my last name was spelled wrong i called they told me to wait two weeks while the looked into it after the two weeks i called again and waited 45 min to talk to another uscis worker and he said the only thing i recomend is that you wait i was confused bcd iv seen that pple have to send back the ead.. so today i checked my status on uscis and and that they mailed out MY NEW EAD TODAY !!!! SO IM HAPPY BUT CONFUSED ON WHY THEY DIDNT ASK FOR THE OLD ONE BACK IM JUST EXCITED TO BE GETTIN A NEW ONE SO IT TOOK 16 DAYS FOR THEM TO FIX AND SEND OUT A NEW ONE HOPE THIS HELPS ANY QUESTIONS LET ME KNOW

JohannBernoulli1667
11-08-2012, 01:13 AM
hey guys just an update so i was approved on oct16 and recieved my ead on the 20th and my last name was spelled wrong i called they told me to wait two weeks while the looked into it after the two weeks i called again and waited 45 min to talk to another uscis worker and he said the only thing i recomend is that you wait i was confused bcd iv seen that pple have to send back the ead.. so today i checked my status on uscis and and that they mailed out MY NEW EAD TODAY !!!! SO IM HAPPY BUT CONFUSED ON WHY THEY DIDNT ASK FOR THE OLD ONE BACK IM JUST EXCITED TO BE GETTIN A NEW ONE SO IT TOOK 16 DAYS FOR THEM TO FIX AND SEND OUT A NEW ONE HOPE THIS HELPS ANY QUESTIONS LET ME KNOW

Awesome!

Did they send you any emails or anything?

Pootie-Tang
11-08-2012, 01:33 AM
I already have everything approved, but on my letter they messed up my middle name. Probably won't bother with it though.

JohannBernoulli1667
11-08-2012, 01:34 AM
Awesome!

Did they send you any emails or anything?

So this is what I got. If they sent you another one without sending anything maybe I should wait. Which service center?

Dear Mr. KDAJDK ASDDW
On 11/05/2012 you, or the designated representative shown below, contacted us about your case. Some of the key information given to us at that time was the following:

Caller indicated they are:
-- Applicant or Petitioner

Attorney Name:
-- Information not available

Case type:
-- I765

Filing date:
-- XX/31/2012

Receipt #:
-- SRC-12-9XX-XXXX

Referral ID:
T1FSdXXXXXX
Beneficiary (if you filed for someone else):

Your USCIS Account Number (A-number):
-- AXXX XXX XXX

Type of service requested:
-- Expedite

The status of this service request is:

You have notified the service that there is an error on your employment authorization document. Please allow up to 30 days for the case to be reviewed for a possible correction.

If you have any further questions, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

Please remember: By law, every person who is not a U.S. citizen and who is over the age of 14 must submit Form AR-11 AND notify this office of their change of address, within 10 days from when they move (persons in "A" or "G" nonimmigrant status are exempt from this requirement). To notify this office of a move, visit our website at: www.uscis.gov or call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283. The Form AR-11 can be downloaded from our website or you can call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283 and we can order one for you. Instructions for filing the Form AR-11, including mailing instructions, are included on the Form.

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

cutestar1989
11-08-2012, 02:34 AM
So this is what I got. If they sent you another one without sending anything maybe I should wait. Which service center?

Dear Mr. KDAJDK ASDDW
On 11/05/2012 you, or the designated representative shown below, contacted us about your case. Some of the key information given to us at that time was the following:

Caller indicated they are:
-- Applicant or Petitioner

Attorney Name:

Case type:
-- I765

Filing date:
-- XX/31/2012

Receipt #:
-- SRC-12-9XX-XXXX

Referral ID:
T1FSdXXXXXX
Beneficiary (if you filed for someone else):

Your USCIS Account Number (A-number):
-- AXXX XXX XXX

Type of service requested:
-- Expedite

The status of this service request is:

You have notified the service that there is an error on your employment authorization document. Please allow up to 30 days for the case to be reviewed for a possible correction.

If you have any further questions, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

Please remember: By law, every person who is not a U.S. citizen and who is over the age of 14 must submit Form AR-11 AND notify this office of their change of address, within 10 days from when they move (persons in "A" or "G" nonimmigrant status are exempt from this requirement). To notify this office of a move, visit our website at: www.uscis.gov or call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283. The Form AR-11 can be downloaded from our website or you can call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283 and we can order one for you. Instructions for filing the Form AR-11, including mailing instructions, are included on the Form.

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

No no emails the rep said they did but I didn't get anything or mail

Lucy1639
11-10-2012, 12:54 AM
yay i got an update today saying that they mailed my new card today :D

twowayradios45
11-10-2012, 12:58 AM
I just now noticed something very interesting...i went back and looked at my receipts and everything...it turns out that initially they had misspelled for both of the applications (i821d & i765)...the first time i called them was before i went and got my biometrics (walked in same day i got the letter). When I got approved, they had fixed my middle name for the i821d but not the i765. so my 821d approval receipt has all the correct spelling on everything including the letter itself meanwhile the my name is misspelled on everything on the EAD and the letter it came with. anyways i got a job right now but i still have a few more interviews so ill send it back when those are done.

twowayradios45
11-10-2012, 01:34 AM
i was asked for:
Copy of i765 receipt
Copy of i765 approval letter
EAD card
a letter explaining what happened and what was wrong i made sure to include the referral numbers to the inquiries i made along with the dates that i made them.

did you send a new i-765 application along with that stuff?

Lucy1639
11-10-2012, 02:57 AM
did you send a new i-765 application along with that stuff?

they didn't ask me to send in a new application for it

twowayradios45
11-10-2012, 03:14 AM
then i wont either...regardless of what the rep said on the phone. ill just send in what you sent in and hope for the best :D

sauronsauroff
11-13-2012, 07:23 PM
Update on my case:

- Correct name: AAA(first) BBB(middle) CCC(last)
- Name on EAD: AAA BBB(first) BBB(middle) CCC(last)
- Requested name change, never got contacted, called USCIS to have a rep read off the email they supposedly sent me. Haven't sent EAD back yet
- Applied for SSN without a middle name: AAA BBB(first) CCC(last)
- Received SSN within a week as: AAA BBB(first) CCC(last)

Unless this becomes a problem, I plan to keep it that way. I feel like I can't risk sending in my EAD and possibly not getting it back for months on.

Lucy1639
11-13-2012, 08:05 PM
i received my new EAD today and it is how it was supposed to be :D
i also applied for my SSN today :)

bere11
11-13-2012, 09:49 PM
i received my new EAD today and it is how it was supposed to be :D
i also applied for my SSN today :)

That's great! Glad to hear it didn't take too long after you sent it back. Hopefully that's the case for everyone when we send it back.

Lucy1639
11-14-2012, 01:10 AM
That's great! Glad to hear it didn't take too long after you sent it back. Hopefully that's the case for everyone when we send it back.

i hope so too good luck everyone :)

4justice
11-24-2012, 05:52 PM
I got my approval notice in the mail today. In the I-821D form I was using my maiden name as my middle name. So it looks something like this AAA(first) BBB(middle/maiden) CCC(last). But on my birth certificate and passport, since names are done differently in Mexico, it's listed as AAA(first) CCC(last) BBB(maiden).
I have always used my maiden name as my middle name for everything since I technically do you not have another name. So I looked at my approval notice and it says AAA(first) BBB(middle/maiden) CCC(last) BBB(middle/maiden). It has my maiden name after my first name and again after my last name. I'm wondering if I should leave it like that or call them. Or just wait and see what my EAD says when I get it in the mail. I don't want to have my maiden name listed twice.

lentm
12-11-2012, 03:56 PM
They forgot to put my middle initial on my EAD card, but SSN, passport, and every other documents that i have have my middle name on them.
(AAA CCC on EAD, AAA BBB CCC on the others)

I went to DMV to get my Driver's license, but my name doesn't match since EAD card has no middle name.

I called USCIS and got this email
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
USCIS records in National History record your name as AAA CCC. Due to security and privacy concerns, we can only create a corrected Employment Authorization Document upon approval of a Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization.The card you currently received should also be included. We have determined that your concern of error on your Employment Authorization Document is the result of information you previously submitted on your application that has not previously been provided to us. Legal documentation will be needed, (e.i. photocopy of birth certificate, marriage license, divorce decree, passport) As a result, you will need to file a Form I-765 to replace that document. You can download this form on our website www.uscis.gov. You can also file this form electronically on our website. Please follow the instructions on the form. Be sure to contact Customer Service if there is a change in address at the time it is being changed and that your mail carrier and local post office are aware that you do reside at your current address.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do I have to send my forms, EAD Card, legal documents to the Chicago Lockbox or Nebraska Service Center?

Getting confused....:(