DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Please help a dreamer out! (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=79545)

Jose602 12-07-2017 10:29 PM

Re: Please help a dreamer out!

When you have to get your visa in Juarez how does that work? cause I heard some people do that and are unable to come back

MIdreamer 12-07-2017 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jose602 (Post 658385)
When you have to get your visa in Juarez how does that work? cause I heard some people do that and are unable to come back

If your marriage is bona fide, you shouldn't have an issue coming back. The main purpose of returning to your country is the interview to prove your marriage is real.

BrokeAssDreamer 12-08-2017 03:41 AM

My brother got his GC through marriage and everything took like 6 months. He didnt even have to leave the country but he did have 2 kids at the time with his USC wife. I think what takes long is to get all the required paperwork and money for the process but once you have everything it should be about 6 months if no criminal history ofcourse.

Jose602 12-08-2017 11:48 AM

Ok thanks you guys for answering my questions I really appreciate it.

trac3rt 12-08-2017 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrokeAssDreamer (Post 658521)
My brother got his GC through marriage and everything took like 6 months. He didnt even have to leave the country but he did have 2 kids at the time with his USC wife. I think what takes long is to get all the required paperwork and money for the process but once you have everything it should be about 6 months if no criminal history ofcourse.

Your brother probably went through the AOS process. It is definitely faster process, but it is not an option for those of us who EWI.

Sorrybrah 12-08-2017 12:13 PM

You didn't take advantage of advanced parole?

Jose602 12-08-2017 01:50 PM

No i didn’t use advanced parole, I was too scared, I thought I would not be allowed to come back.

trac3rt 12-08-2017 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jose602 (Post 658605)
No i didn’t use advanced parole, I was too scared, I thought I would not be allowed to come back.

I hear ya!

gely_velazquez 12-08-2017 05:14 PM

So, I’ve always been under the impression that if you are EWI, meaning you crossed the river, that there no chances of adjusting your status, even if married to US citizen?? If you start the process you are automatically barref for 10 yrs. Am I wrong?
Am EWI married to a US Citizen for 8yrs and I was told by 3 different lawyers that adjusting my status was a gamble and could be barred for 10 years or forever.

DreamerSD23 12-08-2017 05:16 PM

If you are EWI, the only way was to have Advanced Parole when it was an option with DACA and to go out and come back with the US on Advanced Parole, which fixes your EWI status.

That is no longer an option.