DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   Other Topics (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Worst part of being illegal? (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=26264)

carnivore 02-01-2012 12:16 AM

Worst part of being illegal?

What do you guys consider to be the worst part of being illegal?

Mine is not being able to travel out of the country and come back. I would love to visit my homeland and I used to get so depressed that I couldn't study abroad. :-( It was a dream. I hate seeing people going on vacations and I'm just stuck here.

Ali 02-01-2012 12:21 AM

Re: Worst part of being illegal?

lack of motivation...shit's followed me north..

drock226 02-01-2012 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carnivore (Post 244870)
What do you guys consider to be the worst part of being illegal?

Mine is not being able to travel out of the country and come back. I would love to visit my homeland and I used to get so depressed that I couldn't study abroad. :-( It was a dream. I hate seeing people going on vacations and I'm just stuck here.

Well I moved here when I was 9, grew up in the suburbs of NY. Grew up with some good friends....years passed by and i realize all the opportunities I missed out on because of the situation we are in and as well as the fear it brings. I'm in college now about to graduate in a year, all my friends now have internships, jobs, plans for the future.....and me.....same old person that came here 12 years ago....nothing has changed.....the worst part is feeling that hopelessness....the part that our lives are in the hands of people who are one of two things, racist....or power hungry people.

It also sucks to have people who support you tell you that things will get better when in the back of your mind you feel that they are wrong....that for some reason things won't get better yet we carry on each day as if it will.

Don't get me wrong...we still live in one of the best countries to live but at the price of what?

ECW 02-01-2012 12:31 AM

The worst part for me is that I have no social life, it's like I don't exist. It's either am home or at work. Since middle school I tried so hard to keep a low profile, I think I did myself a disservice. I'm a extremely "covert illegal"

ECL23 02-01-2012 12:40 AM

->feeling like a waste of life/space
-> depression
-> anti-social
-> envy of people who actually get to do what they want to do
->not living "normal" lives
-> always fearing/worrying what tomorrow brings
-> not progressing

I think that sums up pretty much a lot...

Ali 02-01-2012 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ECW (Post 244876)
The worst part for me is that I have no social life, it's like I don't exist. It's either am home or at work. Since middle school I tried so hard to keep a low profile, I think I did myself a disservice. I'm a extremely "covert illegal"

that hit home....but now that I think about it, anxiety was a big one....i've now replaced that with stress.

bseo 02-01-2012 01:38 AM

1.all the negative feelings and thoughts that human can get hits us...
2.knowing that i'm stuck and can't solve the problem.
3.realizing that there are so many opportunities but not for me...
4.forgetting the fear of death

DareToAct 02-01-2012 01:47 AM

all the damn conflicts:mad:

Smooth 02-01-2012 03:26 AM

I cannot get a really good job.

freshh. 02-01-2012 10:30 AM

Worse than being used in a game of political football? :wink:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ECW (Post 244876)

^This is me. Work, church or home. :roll: And I feel like I have some sort of social anxiety disorder from all of these years of having to hide my status from everyone. I'm always having to keep people at arms length because when they get too close they start asking questions that I either can't answer or have to lie about. So, it's just easier for me to not have relationships.