DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   Other Topics (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Motivational Mondays (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=78867)

BestBefore1984 10-09-2017 11:08 AM

Motivational Mondays

Dreamers,

In light of several tragic events that have occurred in the last few weeks, I wanted to get the ball rolling and move the conversation in a direction that will move us from the negativity and focus on making progress in our lives.

Some folks did not wake up to see another day last week. What is one thing you are going to accomplish this week, that you've been putting off?

I will ride my bike to work, once this week.

fl_dreamer 10-09-2017 11:18 AM

Re: Motivational Mondays

I hiked for the first time in a long time. I am planning on starting to live a more active lifestyle.

P.S. - Carnivore, please avoid ruining this thread talking about your sex life.

4n0nym0us 10-09-2017 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BestBefore1984 (Post 646251)
Dreamers,

In light of several tragic events that have occurred in the last few weeks, I wanted to get the ball rolling and move the conversation in a direction that will move us from the negativity and focus on making progress in our lives.

Some folks did not wake up to see another day last week. What is one thing you are going to accomplish this week, that you've been putting off?

I will ride my bike to work, once this week.

I have two interviews this week and this Saturday will the deadline to accept this other offer.
I will try to give it my best and I am lucky to be alive to do this.

BestBefore1984 10-09-2017 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fl_dreamer (Post 646254)
I hiked for the first time in a long time. I am planning on starting to live a more active lifestyle.

P.S. - Carnivore, please avoid ruining this thread talking about your sex life.

Good stuff. Do you have any idea how you plan to keep yourself accountable for following through?

I like hikes. A lot of good places here in the Bay Area.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4n0nym0us (Post 646256)
I have two interviews this week and this Saturday will the deadline to accept this other offer.
I will try to give it my best and I am lucky to be alive to do this.

Awesome man. Are these jobs related to what you went to school for?

fl_dreamer 10-09-2017 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BestBefore1984 (Post 646272)
Good stuff. Do you have any idea how you plan to keep yourself accountable for following through?

Million dollar question. I lack the discipline when it comes to taking care of myself. Any good ideas on keeping oneself accountable?

Sorrybrah 10-09-2017 12:27 PM

Another day another dollar... Living the DREAM.

Planning on reading 'Extreme Ownership' book soon

BeeHive 10-09-2017 01:21 PM

We have ice cream at work this afternoon.

BestBefore1984 10-11-2017 11:08 AM

=============UPDATE==============
Friends,

Rode my bike to work this morning. It was cold but I am going to hold my self accountable for my words.

How are you guys holding up?

lila17 10-12-2017 09:50 PM

I just accepted the offer for my dream job today. Bittersweet feeling without knowing if I'll even still have a work permit in a year from now... I need some hope from you guys :p

zara12 10-12-2017 10:21 PM

Congratulations! :) So happy for you, friend. Glad you decided to accept it and proud of you for taking a leap of faith.

Hang in there Lila! You can do it! I see some relief in our future. Everything is going to work out in the end.

When do you start?