DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Which Universities accepted you after High School and you could not attend.... (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=33154)

choukette 10-17-2012 02:26 PM

Which Universities accepted you after High School and you could not attend....

still regret? I know it kind of hurt but let's get it out of our hearts. How did you feel about not attending...how about now? Will you be able to go there after receiving DACA? Does the college experience matters to you anymore?

I'll start. I got into American University, Salsbury, and Virginia commonwealth (VCU). I sooooooo wanted to go to American University but could not attend and yes I still feel bad. I won't go to a University after DACA because I plan on getting my certificate at a community college. As of right now I do not care about the college experience because my goals are more career oriented. I feel like I lost so much time in my life.

Demise 10-17-2012 02:44 PM

Re: Which Universities accepted you after High School and you could not attend....

Only applied for CUNY schools. So none.

Prometheus 10-17-2012 03:11 PM

Re: Which Universities accepted you after High School and you could not attend....

I had a weighted gpa of 4.0, a decent sat score, and did all that community service stuff. I managed to at least gett into UC Irvine and several CSU's (California State University). My parents were willing to try sending me to a UC and I was the one who declined for the sake of saving money. So, I went to a community college and transferred to a CSU again, for the sake of money. I'm now two semesters from graduating and in the process of applying for graduate school.

Do I regret my choices? Not really. Looking at the past economic woes and the incessant tuition hikes, it would have made life much more troublesome and I or my parents would probably be in debt. The most truly disappointing thing was growing up believing that our merits would be rewarded and then finding out its not true for me due to a lack of a few papers. The college experience never mattered to me. My only goal is to finished my B.S. next year and finish my Masters in the year after that.

sociologist 10-17-2012 03:17 PM

I too also only applied to CUNY. Just got approved and will see what I can do in terms of graduate school.

MDxOD 10-17-2012 03:18 PM

Two top 20 universities according to us news ranking 2013. I ended up going to a top 35 before transfering because it was obviously too expensive even with my scholarships.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sociologist (Post 343442)
I too also only applied to CUNY. Just got approved and will see what I can do in terms of graduate school.

Unless youre going to grad school at baruch @ zicklin, i would advise you to look at better opportunities outside of cuny.

MitchAPalooza23 10-17-2012 03:28 PM

University of Southern California. UCLA. University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill.. To name a few. Sigh.

2Face 10-17-2012 03:38 PM

Got into UCONN West Hartford campus and Rutgers Newark campus (which i denied immediately due to obvious reasons). Ended up attending and graduating from Hofstra.

kikibay92 10-17-2012 03:40 PM

georgetown, chicago, nyu

choukette 10-17-2012 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MitchAPalooza23 (Post 343453)
University of Southern California. UCLA. University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill.. To name a few. Sigh.

I visited UNC-Chapel hill....heck of a University! too bad u could not attend.

choukette 10-17-2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kikibay92 (Post 343471)
georgetown, chicago, nyu

Applied to Georgetown but did not get in lol I wonder why.