DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The News Room (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   GOP pollster says most Americans would support deal including wall funding, DACA plan (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=83198)

Nusion 01-16-2019 03:13 PM

GOP pollster says most Americans would support deal including wall funding, DACA plan

Republican pollster Ed Goeas said on Wednesday that the majority of Americans would most likely support an immigration deal that provided wall funding, as well as support for the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) policy.

"There's kind of two things on the shutdown that [are] part of it. One is are you going to have money in there for the wall, and the Democrats want DACA for the people that have been brought here as minors," Goeas, president and CEO of the Tarrance Group told Hill.TV's Joe Concha on "What America's Thinking."

"Both arguments get about the same support, quite frankly," he continued. "But they're not talking to each other. They talking past each other...or not at all."

"Quite frankly if they came forward and they had both something for the wall, and they had something for DACA, which is where the Democrats started off, quite frankly, the overwhelming majority of the American public would support it," he said.

President Trump is demanding $5.7 billion for his long-promised wall along the southern border, but Democrats have refused to provide him with the funding, offering just $1.3 billion for border security measures.

The showdown over Trump's demand led to the shutdown, which last lasted almost four weeks.

House Budget Chairman John Yarmuth (D-Ky.) told Hill.TV earlier this month that he would be open to a deal on border security that includes some sort of a pathway to citizenship for DACA recipients.

"I think a deal where there's at least temporary working permits for Dreamers for several years, that kind of a relationship if you're not going to solve the Dreamer problem for us, some amount of money for border security is an easy deal to make," Yarmuth said.

Other Democrats, however, have said the government must be re-opened before there can be a negotiation over the wall.

https://thehill.com/hilltv/what-amer...deal-including

georgeb1214 01-16-2019 03:19 PM

Re: GOP pollster says most Americans would support deal including wall funding, DACA

We need green cards. Big NO to temporary work permits!

davidrellis 01-16-2019 03:20 PM

Re: GOP pollster says most Americans would support deal including wall funding, DACA

Quote:

Originally Posted by georgeb1214 (Post 728035)
We need green cards. Big NO to temporary work permits!

I’m fine with just being able to travel outside of the country. I regret not doing so when I had the chance when Obama was president.

jwxie518 01-16-2019 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidrellis (Post 728036)
i’m fine with just being able to travel outside of the country. I regret not doing so when i had the chance when obama was president.

yea! Free travel. No ap! We paying taxes. We should be able to travel.

Outsider626 01-16-2019 03:39 PM

Fuck you. We already have temporary permits.

vft1008 01-16-2019 03:46 PM

It would be nice to have data on Americans that support funding for the wall and a pathway to citizenship for Dreams not just a vague "something" for dreamers.

dreamer__13 01-16-2019 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vft1008 (Post 728039)
It would be nice to have data on Americans that support funding for the wall and a pathway to citizenship for Dreams not just a vague "something" for dreamers.

But something is better than nothing. Nam sayin’ bro??

Jk. I need a GC and welfare.

georgeb1214 01-16-2019 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidrellis (Post 728036)
I’m fine with just being able to travel outside of the country. I regret not doing so when I had the chance when Obama was president.

I am fine with it as long as they give us travel no AP bullshit. I doubt they will include free travel with temporary work permits. Bridge act has no travel.

vft1008 01-16-2019 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamer__13 (Post 728040)
But something is better than nothing. Nam sayin’ bro??

Jk. I need a GC and welfare.

Let's get on welfare together, baby.

VJB2 01-16-2019 04:35 PM

Because the majority of Americans aren't racist, ignorant, fat fucks... it's 30% of them who are and support the current pig in the office.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vft1008 (Post 728043)
Let's get on welfare together, baby.

Who are you? That bottom is mine.