DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   Other Topics (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   DACA & girlfriend (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=42669)

onedaywillbefree 03-31-2013 09:33 PM

DACA & girlfriend

Long story short, my girlfriend is a f1 visa holder and her parents does not like me because i am a DACA student they think that i have broke the law and i am getting reward for it(SSN&WORK PERIMIT). and they have been fellowing the law and they have nothing. i tried to explained that i am currently legal and will be able to apply for green card via the new immiagration bill that's very likely to pass in the summer but they feel even more unfair. now my girlfriend is started to feel the same. this is killing my relationship!! what should i do:confused: ?

Sgt.Peppers 03-31-2013 09:37 PM

Re: DACA & girlfriend

Doesn't deserve you, plenty of other fish in the sea brother.

Resistant 03-31-2013 09:40 PM

She doesn't deserve you.

Sealover87 03-31-2013 09:41 PM

You really want to be with someone who looks down on u? Better to leave now then to wait...get more serious and get ur heart broken :(

FlyinAgainstTheWind 03-31-2013 09:44 PM

At the end of the day if is going to be someone that will hold it against you they don't deserve you. Try to talk to her about it and explain how your situation happened. If they fail to understand it is better to walk away.

ivycali 03-31-2013 09:46 PM

Agree, doesn't deserve you. There are plenty of fish in the sea and a woman that truly loves you will not let your status dictate her feelings for you.

FrankJG123 03-31-2013 09:47 PM

Like already mentioned, she doesn't deserve you man...
I was in a Very similar situation a few years ago... Because I'm not "legal" :/... My ex was white and her dad didn't like her dating someone like me, well mostly because im Mexican. So then it all went downhill from there... Although her stepdad and mom loved me lol Shit sucked but now I have an Awesome, Beautiful Mexican Gf who I'm truly thankful to have :)

acthorson 03-31-2013 10:27 PM

I agree with everyone else she doesn't deserve you. You shouldn't be put down for something you didn't choose. They should be proud that you were put through all this trouble which we have all been put through, and are pulling through and trying to make something of yourself. Be proud, and don't keep those that keep you down around.

Tonyhasadream 03-31-2013 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onedaywillbefree (Post 452397)
Long story short, my girlfriend is a f1 visa holder and her parents does not like me because i am a DACA student they think that i have broke the law and i am getting reward for it(SSN&WORK PERIMIT). and they have been fellowing the law and they have nothing. i tried to explained that i am currently legal and will be able to apply for green card via the new immiagration bill that's very likely to pass in the summer but they feel even more unfair. now my girlfriend is started to feel the same. this is killing my relationship!! what should i do:confused: ?

If I were you I would let her go and explain to her how you feel then start dating someone she knows to make her jealous lol

Juan92 03-31-2013 11:08 PM

tell her when CIR passes you will marry her