DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Talked to a Lawyer told me that the DREAM ACT is pretty much a joke. (political game) (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=16494)

FrankV 09-05-2010 07:32 PM

Talked to a Lawyer told me that the DREAM ACT is pretty much a joke. (political game)

I spoke to a lawyer about my situation and told him that I entered the US without inspection at the age of 6 and he pretty told me that my chances would have been better if I would have come to him as a minor instead of an adult. My situation is complicated and then I talked to him about the Dream Act and what he said pretty much let me down.
He said "The Dream act is just a political game" meaning that its a promise that most politicians make to gain votes and to be in good terms with the Hispanic public.
He said "why hasn't the passed the Dream Act? It's been almost 10 years since it was first introduced and look what has happen? NOTHING!!!" He told me Congress is not going to do anything about it and if it ever passes it would be a miracle then he knocked on wood.

He took the law book and placed it in-front of me trying to see if there was anything that could help my situation. He told me how it is, Reality hurts!

Ali 09-05-2010 07:34 PM

Re: Talked to a Lawyer told me that the DREAM ACT is pretty much a joke. (political g

to quote metallica....you know it's sad but true...!!

Mona Lisa 09-05-2010 09:21 PM

Re: Talked to a Lawyer told me that the DREAM ACT is pretty much a joke. (political g

I too wish I had known about leaving before 18 to not have a ten year ban.

Anyways, I have always wondered why this has been on hold for 10 years but deep inside I always knew it was just all bs like your lawyer pointed it out.

MiGSTeR 09-05-2010 09:28 PM

I kno mona but stay positive!!! Lets be thankful it wasnt passed 10 years ago or we all wouldnt be eligible :)

Mona Lisa 09-05-2010 10:47 PM

Yeah, I can't wait to see what will happen in the next four months.

starsNmoons 09-06-2010 12:03 AM

Well if it passed 10 years ago I would still have been here, and eligible. Anyway, honestly I always knew it was pretty much a political game. Especially since it was introduced like 9 or so years ago, I just hoped that there would be light at the end of the tunnel and it would pass, even though the chances were slim. Oh well. Wow the truth does hurt.

FrankV 09-06-2010 11:18 AM

The question now is, what is left? Another Year of what? Why do i come to this site for? To lie to myself and to tell others that everything is fine and that the Dream Act will pass this year? Newsflash, we have been saying this since 2001 when the Dream Act was first introduced.

In the end, another year will pass and a brand new of Senators/Representatives(liars) will say they are for the Dream act and will vote yes if it ever comes in the Senate or House.

ITS ALL A LIE! Most of us have been living a lie for about 20years now telling ourselves "This year is going to be the year" ..... BULLSHIT!

Brenda 09-06-2010 01:47 PM

Does anybody else think it's funny that FrankV posts something about what his lawyer said which is negative and everybody else just agrees with it? I mean honestly, if he had posted something positive would we all be like oh yea, I'm glad I've waited around for the Dream Act to pass. My lawyer said that he was glad the Arizona law was getting so much attention because it would mean the Dream Act would too. It has in my opinion. Most of us aren't living a lie we live with our impotence and obstructions everyday. As far as Frank V's question of what is left? The answer is different for everybody. Each person makes their own decision dependent on their will to wait or lack thereof. I'm sorry for your frustruation, I know we all feel that way sometimes too. Regardless of whether you think the DA will pass this year or not you have to believe in it and have faith in it regardless of whether it does or not. That's faith. As far as how long your faith will last is a different story. I for one will profess my faith and say "I think it will past this year."

RJD 09-06-2010 01:49 PM

I still believe it will pass this year!

Brenda 09-06-2010 02:18 PM

Thank you! RJD. By the way I had a question may seem silly but it's still a question. Not just for RJD but for any one who knows the answer.When the DA passes will children who in the future come to the U.S illegally benefit? Or just those that meet the requirements before it passes? I've been reading about how people oppose it because they view it as an incentive to come here illegally so, just wanted to know. Oh and Sept. 14 is National call-in day for the DA, read that somewhere, don't remember where though. Thanks.