DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   has any one lost it or its just me.. (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=81695)

FUDGECRACKERS 04-25-2018 11:21 AM

has any one lost it or its just me..

Does anyone feel thier hands and legs are tied and arent able to do any thing.. before daca the issue was i was in my mid 20's and wasnt able to drive or work.. and now i feel more torn cuz i dono how one thing can fuck up my life.. .
i have 245i but its useless cuz my employer doesnt have time to handle the immigration crap..
i m married to a british citizen.. it doesnt help cuz i cant freakin go to the uk..
nothing is working out life SUCKS..
not a day goes by where i am just praying to God to fix alllll this crap... any one has any suggestion how can i fix this.. oh by the way its my first post.. i have been following for a long time but just cant handle any more..

jorgeag92 04-25-2018 11:34 AM

Re: has any one lost it or its just me..

Not at all. Im going to Hawaii in 2 months lol. Just try to enjoy your life and stop worrying about it because we cant do anything about the situation anyway

FUDGECRACKERS 04-25-2018 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorgeag92 (Post 702733)
Not at all. Im going to Hawaii in 2 months lol. Just try to enjoy your life and stop worrying about it because we cant do anything about the situation anyway

Thanks

Carlo 04-25-2018 12:04 PM

To be honest with you, it doesn't sound like you have that bad of a situation. I mean, I'm also a DACA recipient, but I'm actually really happy with my situation. I've been working towards my masters, gaining skills that I think would be transferable anywhere in the world if worst comes to worst. I felt that way when I was in my first year of college, but I decided, to write a list of things that I can control and a list of this I can't. Then I focused on those things that I could and work hard to change those things. It was a long road, but it was better then what I had been doing the past year, which was sulking and being depressed about my life and situation.

cmartinez 04-25-2018 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FUDGECRACKERS (Post 702730)
Does anyone feel thier hands and legs are tied and arent able to do any thing.. before daca the issue was i was in my mid 20's and wasnt able to drive or work.. and now i feel more torn cuz i dono how one thing can fuck up my life.. .
i have 245i but its useless cuz my employer doesnt have time to handle the immigration crap..
i m married to a british citizen.. it doesnt help cuz i cant freakin go to the uk..
nothing is working out life SUCKS..
not a day goes by where i am just praying to God to fix alllll this crap... any one has any suggestion how can i fix this.. oh by the way its my first post.. i have been following for a long time but just cant handle any more..

No, I don't feel like this at all.

Yes the situation is frustrating but you push through. With DACA I can continue to work toward my PhD, work, travel, drive, live normally. Not quite sure why i should feel like my hands and legs are tied.

FUDGECRACKERS 04-25-2018 12:48 PM

both of yall r absolutely correct, no doubt about it.. right now i m over 30.. i graduated in 05.. at that time i cudnt have done what kids who graduated after 2013.. it was a long 7 yrs for me.. wasnt able to drive work... cudnt afford university cost.. i ended up having 3 associates degrees lol, would love to go back to uni but i have to takecare of my family..
i m not defending myself... i know perhaps i m just being lazy.. i get it.. and there are times i am being lazy no doubt.. maybe its the age.. maybe its something else.. i dono..

hDreamer1988 04-25-2018 01:10 PM

Sound like you need to feel in control of your life but you cant find a way to get control; your not the only one. I worry a lot about the future but eventually this will get fixed and something will be done about daca.

Neither side ( rep and dems) want to see Dreamers get deported because they know that will severely impact both side. They want to see something get done as does the majority of people. Its a waiting game for us.. If we can keep our cool and outlast this current political BS, we can win. That is the way i see it.

I honestly think that will be a major issue in 2019 especially leading up into the 2020 elections. Dont lost hope, things may not be the way you want it but there are people in much worse situations than you. Take solace in your family.

Even today with the court ruling.. we see some small gains.

Lost Generation 04-25-2018 01:58 PM

Everything will be okay!

Carlo 04-25-2018 02:18 PM

I'm about to turn 30, tomorrow actually, and not exactly where I pictured where I would be at 30 when I was 21 but I'm happy to know I'm heading in the right direction. Some of the problems that I face is due to DACA yes, but there are problems I face because I'm a first-generation immigrant (or rather 1/2 generation because of daca) or others because I'm a regular human. Problems won't disappear once we get legalized, they exist on the other side too. Dream act won't be a cure-all, so we got to do our best to solve those other problems like everyone else.

Then there are also problems that I don't have to face because I'm a DACA recipient, like living in poverty in my country of origin, or drugs, or war, or countless other things other people face in the world. Take your situation and put it in the context of the world instead of the context of the so-called "American Dream." I know people who are miserable who aren't dreamers because of various reasons and life choices. I really hope you see that you are blessed even if it doesn't look that way right now. I don't want to harsh, but I have a lot of respect for my fellow dreamer, we're tough because we've had to overcome this situation for a long time. We grow, even when they put us in the shadows. That just our MO as a dreamer.

jmvilla25 04-25-2018 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorgeag92 (Post 702733)

I will also be traveling to Hawaii in mid July with the family.