DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   Other Topics (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   How to report counterfeit products? (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=25417)

fl_dreamer 11-17-2011 08:07 AM

How to report counterfeit products?

Hello Dear Dreamers,

I know this does not directly have anything to do with the Dream act but I would like to know your thoughts as I do not want to jeopardize my safety in the process.

I went to flea market and this vendor was selling Chanel, D&G, Prada etc perfume for $30. I thought they were fake at first but a friend with me claimed they were the real deal as she had used some of them in the past.

We purchased close to $500 of perfumes to give away for Christmas. When we got home we realized they were one of the best knock-offs but knockoffs none the less. They were alcohol based perfumes which wear off very quickly sometimes within an hour!

We took it back to the seller the next day and he refused to take them back -- WTF!

I WANT TO REPORT THIS GUY for selling fake perfumes. How do I report this guy while keeping my identity absolutely anonymous?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Diplok 11-17-2011 10:36 AM

Re: How to report counterfeit products?

I don't think you should report him. Cut your losses and move on. You are partly to blame for believing a guy on the street could sell you brand name perfumes at such a deep discount.

Chuck it up to one of those life lessons we all have to learn in life.

While he is wrong for telling people they are real when they are not, I get why he's doing it. He has to make a living just like anyone else and if there's a fool *sorry* outthere willing to part with his money then so be it. I'm sure you've heard the saying about a fool and his money,

fl_dreamer 11-17-2011 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diplok (Post 239144)
I don't think you should report him. Cut your losses and move on. You are partly to blame for believing a guy on the street could sell you brand name perfumes at such a deep discount.

Chuck it up to one of those life lessons we all have to learn in life.

While he is wrong for telling people they are real when they are not, I get why he's doing it. He has to make a living just like anyone else and if there's a fool *sorry* outthere willing to part with his money then so be it. I'm sure you've heard the saying about a fool and his money,

Even though I am upset for the money I lost that is not what pisses me off the most. The guy pretty much denied selling us the products and was giving us attitude. Almost felt discriminated against!!!!

I still want to report him. Anyone know how I can report him?

Chyno 11-17-2011 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fl_dreamer (Post 239148)
Even though I am upset for the money I lost that is not what pisses me off the most. The guy pretty much denied selling us the products and was giving us attitude. Almost felt discriminated against!!!!

I still want to report him. Anyone know how I can report him?

You really believe a guy at a flea market that the perfumes he sells are real? What you should do is complain at your friend that said they are the real deal. You deserve what happen to you as a lesson to your life. Use common sense please. If you go to cops they will ignore you about it, because they got more important things to do and according to what state you live they may be trying to get you.

CB124 11-17-2011 03:00 PM

Well Jesus H Christ, what did you really expect? Do you think Ralph Lauren unveils his new line at parking lot flee markets?

I guess you must be living well in the US, well enough not to develop basic street smarts.

fl_dreamer 11-17-2011 03:09 PM

You guys are rude!

If you can't help, try not to criticize!

Sorry I am an honest person and chose to believe others are too!

CB124 11-17-2011 03:14 PM

Well here's a rule of thumb. If its at a flea market and its cheap, it is either one of two things:

1) Bootleg (fake)

2) If its real, its stolen

I won't lie, I bought a Rolex at a flea market once...but we both knew it was fake and it was for shits and giggles. If it was real I'd be down a couple of grand.

NobodyImportant 11-17-2011 06:33 PM

LMFAO!!! People never cease to amaze me.

fl_dreamer 11-17-2011 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NobodyImportant (Post 239174)
LMFAO!!! People never cease to amaze me.

I am glad!!

iDream 11-17-2011 08:14 PM

you know this can actually relate to how the Politicians are towards the undocumented.

-a man at the flea market sells you fake stuff and you end up believing him and buying shit loads of the fake product.

-a politician sells us fakes promises and false hopes and we end up buying it.

lesson learned? hahaha

but on the side note.. really though.. why would you even think those stuff are real. haha