DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Dream Job (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=84019)

beingoflight 11-18-2019 11:17 PM

Dream Job

Just got offered my dream job by 6 employers but for what? We could lose DACA soon :(

Anybody on the same boat? What do?

TexasDreamy 11-18-2019 11:43 PM

Re: Dream Job

Take job. Save money.

Having even a small amount of work experience in your dream job makes you more suitable for another dream job in the future. I'm holding out on a dem wave in 2020 that'll lead to a more permanent status in 2021.

Pianoswithoutfaith 11-19-2019 12:14 AM

You find the one who is most trump friendly and tell them you’ll rat on other dreamers in exchange for them letting you be a janitor paid under the table

jorgeag92 11-22-2019 04:06 AM

I started my dream job this week. It was a long shot. In fact I applied just for the heck of it. Figures, I got the position. The company is great, my team is great. Things are so good in this company I have found myself thinking that I should not get used to this because Daca will end soon. Sucks. Hopefully a miracle will happen and we will all get green cards

BrokeAssDreamer 11-22-2019 04:44 AM

@Jorgeag92 @beingoflight What are your job titles and what industry?

jorgeag92 11-22-2019 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrokeAssDreamer (Post 743181)

Enterprise Applications Developer :)

2MoreYears 11-22-2019 04:36 PM

CTO media/financial.

BrokeAssDreamer 11-22-2019 09:03 PM

Nice, glad to see my fellow dreamers be successful in this country.

anon.nona 12-05-2019 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorgeag92 (Post 743196)
Enterprise Applications Developer :)

Us Software Engineers have the world at our fingertips. Get a year of experience in, then move to a top 50 company. They will help build up your resume and make you marketable pretty much anywhere. I've been in the industry since DACA came about. With 6 years of experience now, I can go back to my country or any country and find a good job in no time, probably even before moving.

I would also recommend that you aim to work for companies with a presence in your home country, that way if things go south, just transfer. That's what I do

beingoflight 12-05-2019 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrokeAssDreamer (Post 743181)

Been in management for some of the top resorts in the world for some time already, been involved in the industry since 14 years old and worked hard as hell to make it without college, im 25 now.

Which is why all of this is driving me nuts, Im radically dedicated to what i do to just lose it all just like that after so much effort.