DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   Suggestions (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Moderation (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=19540)

MiGente 01-01-2011 12:56 AM

Moderation

I realize mod's and admin's are busy, but can at least some new moderators be added or something?

People don't seem to be able to distinguish the separate sections and simply post their threads where they don't belong. Also threads that should be locked or merged are not.

It all has brought down the quality here and lost good members.

Thank you.

Thecure 01-01-2011 05:00 PM

Re: Moderation

Yeah! where are the pitchforks?

It used to be that teh internets was a place where peoples ideas could mingle peacefully while agreeing to disagree and engaging in civil debates that did not require name calling, the grammurr police and prejudices.

Le sigh!

Alas, we call onto our masters to help us censor and correct such atrocious behaviours!

Pass us the pitchfork.

Thank Y'ou kindly.

Nick 01-01-2011 05:50 PM

Yes yes and yes. I've been busy guys. I'm sorry.

More mods are definitely a priority. It will take time though, bear with me. It is very difficult to find responsible people who never make discussion personal and have the integrity to do the job.

I'm very much open to nominations. However, don't bother nominating people people who have ever turned a discussion personal, they have zero chance of being a mod. Putting their name here won't change anything.

Betty 01-02-2011 12:52 AM

Wondering why my posts were removed. I just joined the other day and I posted nothing offensive. Curious.

Nick 01-02-2011 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Betty (Post 204299)
Wondering why my posts were removed. I just joined the other day and I posted nothing offensive. Curious.

You just happened to post in threads that I had to remove as part of the moderation process.

Your post weren't singled out and your account is perfectly fine, Betty.

Betty 01-02-2011 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 204323)
You just happened to post in threads that I had to remove as part of the moderation process.

Your post weren't singled out and your account is perfectly fine, Betty.

Ahhhh, I figured that out after the fact. I forgot which threads those were I posted on.

Thank you for removing them and for your speedy response. Those threads needed to be removed for a variety of reasons.

I'm impressed with the efficiency of the moderating here. Good job.

MiGente 01-13-2011 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 204222)
Yes yes and yes. I've been busy guys. I'm sorry.

More mods are definitely a priority. It will take time though, bear with me. It is very difficult to find responsible people who never make discussion personal and have the integrity to do the job.

I'm very much open to nominations. However, don't bother nominating people people who have ever turned a discussion personal, they have zero chance of being a mod. Putting their name here won't change anything.

Thanks, for the reponse, Nick. Hopefully, something can be done as soon as possible.

Thecure 01-13-2011 06:20 PM

I nominate

DA User &
Thecure

-_-

MiGSTeR 01-13-2011 07:37 PM

It's ok IUF got this under control. We are taking over.

Ali 01-13-2011 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thecure (Post 204208)
It used to be that teh internets was a place where peoples ideas could mingle peacefully while agreeing to disagree and engaging in civil debates that did not require name calling, the grammurr police and prejudices.

LOL, did you join the internet last week?