DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   If DACA gets overturned (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=83857)

Future accountant 09-05-2019 02:30 PM

If DACA gets overturned

I don’t have DACA but I’ve been wondering about you guys. If DACA gets overturned what will you guys do?

ECW 09-05-2019 02:39 PM

Re: If DACA gets overturned

What do you have?

Tacvbo 09-05-2019 04:03 PM

It's illogical. There is a high possibility that it may not happen. It's too late. Many of us already built something in this country. Lots of DACA recipients:

-bought homes
-gave birth to US citizen children
-started businesses
-obtained degrees or some sort of high education

The supreme court has a mess on their hands as CNN stated.

fl_dreamer 09-05-2019 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tacvbo (Post 740560)
The supreme court has a mess on their hands as CNN stated.

Why would they decide to hear it then?Sounds like a self-invited mess...

Tacvbo 09-05-2019 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fl_dreamer (Post 740561)
Why would they decide to hear it then?Sounds like a self-invited mess...

The SC is highly formed with conservative judges at this moment. Yes, I understand. But think about what would happen to all DACA recipients who already built something in this country. Those who already occupied certain occupations in the public sector. I want to be optimistic that we will see a change (most likely) but it wont be overturned.

Don't be so negative.

In my case, I was recently married. I am a big advocate for happiness over anything material in this world. With that being said, I am hoping to fix my status via my marriage. If the mentioned does not materialize, than I will just find another way to survive in this country or perhaps Canada for me.

jwxie518 09-05-2019 04:14 PM

I will disappear into the wood with my morning wood. JWXIE518 does not kid about morning wood.

fl_dreamer 09-05-2019 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tacvbo (Post 740562)
The SC is highly formed with conservative judges at this moment. Yes, I understand. But think about what would happen to all DACA recipients who already built something in this country. Those who already occupied certain occupations in the public sector. I want to be optimistic that we will see a change (most likely) but it wont be overturned.

Don't be so negative.

In my case, I was recently married. I am a big advocate for happiness over anything material in this world. With that being said, I am hoping to fix my status via my marriage. If the mentioned does not materialize, than I will just find another way to survive in this country or perhaps Canada for me.

Easy to say to be optimistic when you are trying to AOS and have the option to do so.

I am not being negative. Just replying to the comment about the fact that SC has mess on their hands. They could have ignored the mess and continued status quo.

Tacvbo 09-05-2019 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fl_dreamer (Post 740564)
Easy to say to be optimistic when you are trying to AOS and have the option to do so.

I am not being negative. Just replying to the comment about the fact that SC has mess on their hands. They could have ignored the mess and continued status quo.

Oh (laugh in Spanish) trust me, its not that easy to be optimistic being married. All single dreamers have the option to adjust via marriage. As long as you don't look like Dani Trejo.

Right. They cannot ignore it. They decided to take on it because (well, orange cheeto) its what they're being payed to do. Still, for every action, there is a reaction. It's a political tool the pig in office is using to his convenience at the moment. Worrying about it now will not change anything. I lived undocumented until i turned 24 which is when DACA was established. I am not afraid of losing this document. In fact, I remember being much stronger mentally back then.

fl_dreamer 09-05-2019 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tacvbo (Post 740566)
I am not afraid of losing this document. In fact, I remember being much stronger mentally back then.

I am EXTREMELY afraid of losing this document. I couldn't drive, couldn't fly, couldn't legally work. Went from $7.75/hour (under the table and the employer use to take out taxes - even though I had not provided him a SSN) to 6 figure salary.

Anyone not afraid to lose this document has another way of adjusting or is delusional.

P.S. - No, I am not panicking just yet. I don't think they can get rid of us so easily.

Tacvbo 09-05-2019 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fl_dreamer (Post 740569)
I am EXTREMELY afraid of losing this document. I couldn't drive, couldn't fly, couldn't legally work. Went from $7.75/hour (under the table and the employer use to take out taxes - even though I had not provided him a SSN) to 6 figure salary.

Anyone not afraid to lose this document has another way of adjusting or is delusional.

P.S. - No, I am not panicking just yet. I don't think they can get rid of us so easily.

It's more delusional to think your life is over by losing a document. It was nothing but uphill for me after DACA. Went from $12.50/hr to buying a home, forming my own company (small), earning six figures annually.

Before DACA, I managed to obtain a license (don't ask me how). Point is, I already built something. I'm not going to sit here and cry just because a group of politicians decided to fuck with my status. I am much stronger than that.