DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   Other Topics (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Any good books? (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=12320)

jothesh2 08-05-2009 02:37 PM

Any good books?

I been kinda bored lately since I have to save every bit of my money. So I wanted to get into reading. So I was wondering what are good books to read?

DreamBaybeh 08-05-2009 03:45 PM

Re: Any good books?

I read "Outliers" by Malcolm Gladwell, it was amazing. It's non-fiction, but it's still great. It tells different success stories, and... just a lot of things. It was really really good :D

drvenom 08-05-2009 04:05 PM

You might want to look into those free online courses from Yale Berkeley. Some of the reading material can be found online.

dreamerhippie 08-05-2009 04:07 PM

Erase / Rewind

Gateway89 08-05-2009 04:50 PM

YOU HAVE TO READ

MEN'S SEARCHING FOR MEANING by Victor Frankl

THE BEST!

Fish 08-05-2009 04:55 PM

Water for Elephants

hkk24 08-05-2009 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gateway89 (Post 138345)
YOU HAVE TO READ

MEN'S SEARCHING FOR MEANING by Victor Frankl

THE BEST!

I completely agree with him!
That mook is great!

Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte is REALLY good too!
A really easy, but good read is Grayson by Lynne Cox.

DreamerGirl717 08-05-2009 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DreamBaybeh (Post 138341)
I read "Outliers" by Malcolm Gladwell, it was amazing. It's non-fiction, but it's still great. It tells different success stories, and... just a lot of things. It was really really good :D

I've been wanting to read that for a while but never got around to doing so. I heard that "Blink", also by Malcolm Gladwell, is a great book too. Both of them are on my list of books to read :).

juang 08-05-2009 06:05 PM

I say go read Double Your Dating by David DeAngelo, that way you'll find girls and go out on dates or whatever instead of asking for advice on "good books" in an internet forum.

oh, and if you're a girl...

;-) Hey, my name is juang, how are you?

Are you single, pretty, funny, smart, without kids, and willing to support me financially?

jothesh2 08-05-2009 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juang (Post 138352)
I say go read Double Your Dating by David DeAngelo, that way you'll find girls and go out on dates or whatever instead of asking for advice on "good books" in an internet forum.

oh, and if you're a girl...

;-) Hey, my name is juang, how are you?

Are you single, pretty, funny, smart, without kids, and willing to support me financially?

Why did you assume I need help with girls? I don't but thanks anyways. I used to be a man whore. (Yea ! youre not the only one DrVenom lol )

But Thanks everyone for the book advice. I will surely read all of them in time :)