DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   The tide has turned. (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=34354)

Oscar CS 11-10-2012 04:12 PM

The tide has turned.

Believe it or not fellas. It's going to happen.

I have never before believed that the passage of such a bill would happen. This is the first time in my 16 years of being undocumented that I truly believe it will come true.

There is no other choice the Dream Act/ CIR will pass.

I have seen so many conservatives talking about this. How all of a sudden they have "evolved" on the issue. Bullshit. They know they don't have a choice.
Hold me to my word. If the Dream Act comes up for a vote it will pass easily.

What do you guys think?

Watch this clip:

xhajix 11-10-2012 04:25 PM

Re: The tide has turned.

I wouldn't say "easily." I would say that it might be debated on a bit, compromise here and there, and then maybe a CLOSE vote on it. Who knows...

kyungwc 11-10-2012 04:27 PM

I do not like to do what ifs, if this then this, or hypothetical questions.

If it happens, i'll be happy

If it doesn't it won't matter

better not to worry about these things.....

Oscar CS 11-10-2012 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyungwc (Post 368237)
I do not like to do what ifs, if this then this, or hypothetical questions.

If it happens, i'll be happy

If it doesn't it won't matter

better not to worry about these things.....

I actually agree with you, but the point I'm trying to make is that we've never actually had a real chance, in my opinion, to get it done until now.

I'm still planning my life as if there is zero chance of it happening though. :-P

Fire12 11-10-2012 05:56 PM

60% of voters also favor this. I think it the next 3 years we have a good chance to finally get it done.

vaan 11-10-2012 07:31 PM

Hopefully it passes but as of right now I'm just worried bout gettin my EAD

tf2legend 11-10-2012 08:51 PM

Honestly there shouldn't even be any compromise on the current DREAM ACT bill. Maybe raise the penalty fee, but that's about it. First if we qualify we get temporary permanent status for 6 years, and after that we get permanent status (Green Card) and 5 years later we get citizenship. 11 years total + the waited time = enough. On the CIR bill, I guess you can compromise on it, but the DREAM ACT the democrats have compromised enough, almost too much.

DA User 11-10-2012 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oscar CS (Post 368222)
Believe it or not fellas. It's going to happen.

I have never before believed that the passage of such a bill would happen. This is the first time in my 16 years of being undocumented that I truly believe it will come true.

There is no other choice the Dream Act/ CIR will pass.

I have seen so many conservatives talking about this. How all of a sudden they have "evolved" on the issue. Bullshit. They know they don't have a choice.
Hold me to my word. If the Dream Act comes up for a vote it will pass easily.

What do you guys think?

That is right. The ball is in our court. To these politicians it is a game so it looks like we will win soon!

I think CIR/DA will pass in February of 2013.

titandreamer 11-10-2012 09:31 PM

do you guys think that if they attempt for cir, and try to attach the da to cir, it will hinder the dream act? because it seems more likely for the da to pass than cir.

ECW 11-10-2012 09:49 PM

I don't want to sound pessimistic. I want nothing more than for this to happen, but we couldn't get it done when democrats were in control of the house and senate. So this is going to be interesting to watch play out.