DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Official I-601A Thread (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=78973)

trac3rt 08-06-2018 04:40 PM

Re: Official I-601A Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by taoni10 (Post 716079)
Advance parole can cure permanent bar?

oh, good point. I have no idea. I may be seriously done for.

jakeim86 08-06-2018 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trac3rt (Post 716086)

How good is your lawyer? Like has she appeared in front of judges to argue for her clients, etc?

It might be worth getting second opinions from other lawyers who might be more willing to really fight for your case.

taoni10 08-06-2018 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trac3rt (Post 716086)

Since you are applying for i601a, I would ask your lawyer to see what’s your chance of winning cancellation of removal.

DACA-IR-DA 08-06-2018 09:47 PM

Does a lawyer write the extreme hardship letter?

NotADreamerPerSe 08-06-2018 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DACA-IR-DA (Post 716161)
Does a lawyer write the extreme hardship letter?

Just having gone through this part of the process, I can tell you that they don't. The petitioner does.

DACA-IR-DA 08-07-2018 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotADreamerPerSe (Post 716178)
Just having gone through this part of the process, I can tell you that they don't. The petitioner does.

That is really the hardest part though. The lawyer does not re-write it meaning grammer, how it is written, professionalism of the letter? I mean it could be 1 page to multiple pages and you have to convince the officer too.

DACA-IR-DA 08-07-2018 01:40 AM

How long did you all had to stay abroad until you could return to USA?

NotADreamerPerSe 08-07-2018 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DACA-IR-DA (Post 716191)
That is really the hardest part though. The lawyer does not re-write it meaning grammer, how it is written, professionalism of the letter? I mean it could be 1 page to multiple pages and you have to convince the officer too.

In my case, our lawyer gave us instructions on what to write but wouldn't write it herself, since after all we know our case better than she does. She does go over the letter (s) and edit them. After that, which is where I am now with the waiver, she organizes all the evidence into exhibits and writes a brief using all the documents. According to the paralegal, the brief is gonna be around 20 pages long. The main hardship letter was three pages long though. It was heartfelt and to the point to not bore the immigration officer.

If someone is not using a lawyer I guess the hardship letter would be long as they would have to explain things in depth, but in my case, since the lawyer is writing a brief, it was not necessary to explain things twice.

DACA-IR-DA 08-12-2018 10:33 PM

How long does the beneficiary have to stay abroad? Do you get an interview date in your 'home' country?

NotADreamerPerSe 08-13-2018 12:35 AM

After the waiver is approved, you need to file the affidavit of support and something else which I can't remember, then NVC gives you a date for your interview in your home country. From what I've read, how long you're gone for depends on the country, but the general consensus seems to be around three weeks as you need to go get your medical exam and wait for the results to be ready and also need your police records. Obviously you need those for the interview and after that, if approved, you wait a couple of days and then you get to come back home.