DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   Other Topics (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   The Beauty of Life (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=82350)

BestBefore1984 07-12-2018 01:34 AM

The Beauty of Life

As I took a walk this evening, I had one simple thought in my mind. I watch the beautiful sunset in various hues - orange and red, a tangerine glow, a metallic gold - it’s silky, smooth collusion of skyburst reds and yellows submerging millimeters a second beneath the Santa Cruz mountains at a distance. Not so far in my vicinity, a father enjoying the summer sunset with his three children - no technology, rather the bond is established with every meticulous frisbee throw gliding in the warm calm summer breeze. Teenagers throwing baseballs back and forth - a site of a not so distant past. Couples hand in hand walking serenely as the final moments of evening turn into the night sky.

This, the beauty of life and its simplicity, I remember to be humble and I am reminded that at the end of the day, as a good man on DAP once famously said: out of shit - a flower grows .

I love life. I love being alive.

carnivore 07-12-2018 08:18 AM

Re: The Beauty of Life

Losing $50k taught me that money does not buy happiness

BestBefore1984 07-12-2018 08:37 AM

I’m glad to hear you arrived at that conclusion brother.

I just got home from my morning walk. Left the house at 4:35am, stopped at 7-eleven for a coffee, walked for 4 miles. Saw the usual morning joggers.

BestBefore1984 07-12-2018 08:47 AM

Forgot to add I tossed two 2mg nicotine pieces and chewed them. I rested the gum on the side of my cheek with a subtle touch of my teeth. Afterwards I released the gum and with every smack of my teeth, a burst of tingles overcame my body filled with euphoria.

This is probably what our ancestors felt like when they discovered nicotine on their nomadic journey. I love wanderlust, life is amazing when filled with simplicity.

carnivore 07-12-2018 08:53 AM

I was chewing several 4mg nicotine gums per day for weeks, as well as smoking a bowl or two a day. I then went on vacation and didn't chew any. Maybe one every two days, if I remembered. Guess what. No side effects. Nicotine is not addictive.

Busybee 07-12-2018 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BestBefore1984 (Post 713396)
As I took a walk this evening, I had one simple thought in my mind. I watch the beautiful sunset in various hues - orange and red, a tangerine glow, a metallic gold - it’s silky, smooth collusion of skyburst reds and yellows submerging millimeters a second beneath the Santa Cruz mountains at a distance. Not so far in my vicinity, a father enjoying the summer sunset with his three children - no technology, rather the bond is established with every meticulous frisbee throw gliding in the warm calm summer breeze. Teenagers throwing baseballs back and forth - a site of a not so distant past. Couples hand in hand walking serenely as the final moments of evening turn into the night sky.

This, the beauty of life and its simplicity, I remember to be humble and I am reminded that at the end of the day, as a good man on DAP once famously said: out of shit - a flower grows .

I love life. I love being alive.

What a great post to start the day! Love it! It is all about the little things my friend. Glad you had that enlightening moment.

Sending positive vibes your way!

BestBefore1984 07-12-2018 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Busybee (Post 713424)
What a great post to start the day! Love it! It is all about the little things my friend. Glad you had that enlightening moment.

Sending positive vibes your way!

Thanks my dear. It is always pleasant to hear from you. I hope things are holding up on your end. We need to hear from you more often.

Take care.