DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The News Room (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Texas AG Goes To US Supreme Court In Support Of Ending DACA (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=83851)

Red neck 09-03-2019 09:02 AM

Texas AG Goes To US Supreme Court In Support Of Ending DACA

DALLAS (1080 KRLD) - The Texas Attorney General has filed a brief with the U.S. Supreme Court in support of the Trump Administration's plan to end Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA). Ken Paxton says 12 other states have signed onto his brief.

“The DACA program was a lawless exercise of executive power, and the Trump administration’s decision to rescind DACA was absolutely necessary to uphold the rule of law. By creating DACA and DAPA, the Obama administration attempted to bypass Congress and unilaterally amend our immigration laws. The President’s duty is to ensure that the law is faithfully executed, not to unilaterally re-write the law anytime the President disagrees with Congress’ decision," Paxton wrote in a statement.

DACA was created in 2014. In 2017, the Trump Administration announced it would end the program. An appeals court ruled the administration had violated the Administrative Procedure Act, calling the decision to end DACA "arbitrary and capricious."

Last year, another appeals court ruled DACA would stay in place as the case works through the system. The majority opinion said, "Hundreds of thousands of people had structured their lives on the availability of deferred action during the five years between the implementation of DACA and the decision to rescind."

Paxton says Texas spends $250 million a year on health care, education and law enforcement for non-citizens. He says DACA puts "undue financial strain" on states.

The brief says only Congress has the authority to grant lawful status to an entire class of aliens. Paxton says DACA "unilaterally granted lawful presence and work permits to over 1.7 million unlawfully-present aliens in defiance of laws enacted by Congress."

Alan Scaia
@scaia
TX attorney general @KenPaxtonTX has filed a brief with US Supreme Court supporting the Trump Administration's decision to rescind DACA. He says it puts "undue financial strain on states," costs Texas $250 million/yr in healthcare, education, law enforcement for DACA recipients.

https://krld.radio.com/articles/news...rt-ending-daca

2MoreYears 09-03-2019 09:33 AM

Re: Texas AG Goes To US Supreme Court In Support Of Ending DACA

Quote:

DACA was created in 2014.
Wtf!?

Lol article full of inconsistencies.

fl_dreamer 09-03-2019 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red neck (Post 740454)
DALLAS (1080 KRLD) - [b]

Paxton says Texas spends $250 million a year on health care, education and law enforcement for non-citizens. He says DACA puts "undue financial strain" on states.

Obviously statement covers more than just DACA - SMH

Pianoswithoutfaith 09-03-2019 10:49 AM

Paxton hard work distracting everyone from his crimes

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/poli...y-experts-say/

DogJuiceMan 09-03-2019 03:05 PM

Here we go again Paxton. Looks like last time he got beat he didn't learn his lesson. Now he wants to get slammed dunked by the supreme court.

I hope RBG brings up his shady criminal past.

Looks like he is trying the age old tactic of delay until the statue of limitations kicks in, but time doesn't tarnish the truth and his crime of fraud will be forever etched to his name. Once a crook always a crook.

Paxton is such a big fraudster that he makes illegal immigrant crime look like parking tickets.

DamLeon123 09-03-2019 03:26 PM

Apparently we put undue hardship on the little defenceless states by working and paying taxes

fl_dreamer 09-03-2019 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamLeon123 (Post 740464)
Apparently we put undue hardship on the little defenceless states by working and paying taxes

They are accounting "all of illegal immigration" and throwing the tab on us.

Last time I checked they don't pay for my educational (paid for college myself), medical, or government assistance. Sure, they pay for enforcement but my taxes alone probably covers annual salary for one part time cop

2Face 09-03-2019 03:53 PM

Dead on arrival. Paxton and his butt buddies are a bunch of thugs.

Gnome 09-03-2019 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fl_dreamer (Post 740465)
They are accounting "all of illegal immigration" and throwing the tab on us.

Last time I checked they don't pay for my educational (paid for college myself), medical, or government assistance. Sure, they pay for enforcement but my taxes alone probably covers annual salary for one part time cop

Yeah, that's exactly the case. Some of us DACA recipients make more money and pay more taxes than some families of US citizens who all they do is collect government benefits.

papi mango 09-03-2019 04:17 PM

almost for 7 years since daca im paying almost 30K taxes every year and took zero from government. theres so many daca's out there paying a lot more than I pay. can you believe how many people we daca people feeding?