DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Any EU citizens? (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=22243)

ecnys 06-17-2011 12:26 AM

Any EU citizens?

Since 2004 there have been many new EU member states and by 2012 they should all have full rights. I'm wondering if any Dreamers have went back or are considering it. If you went back, what are your experiences? If not, what's stopping you?

mnrunner 06-17-2011 12:45 AM

Re: Any EU citizens?

I'm a citizen of a southern American country and I also have my EU citizenship. What's stopping me is that I don't know anyone in Europe nor do I have the funds to move there on my own and I haven't finished my 4-year computer science degree. I've been thinking about London a lot since it would be ideal for me and I think I'd love the lifestyle, but that would mean leaving my family behind in the US (who are legal) and not being able to visit the US for 10 years. England is not as high-class as everyone thinks and it is ridiculously expensive to live in London.

If nothing happens, by the time I graduate I could always go to England for my master's and pay the "in-state" tuition (or whatever they call it), but I would definitely need to save up for the move and I'd have to leave family behind. I guess it's always good to have options though.

Dreamer X 06-17-2011 12:46 AM

If i were them i'd get out of this freakin continent -_-

gwone371 06-17-2011 01:03 AM

I have my European Citizenship and I was planning to move back to my home country when I turned 18 years old, but what prevented it was the money, I only had enough to buy a plane ticket. No one in my family supports me of going back to my home country.

Now that I am 19 years old, I still don't have enough money move there andI also face the 10 year ban, yay me!

I blame my parents for moving out of Europe and moving to this pathetic country..

Dreamer X 06-17-2011 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gwone371 (Post 221679)
I have my European Citizenship and I was planning to move back to my home country when I turned 18 years old, but what prevented it was the money, I only had enough to buy a plane ticket. No one in my family supports me of going back to my home country.

Now that I am 19 years old, I still don't have enough money move there andI also face the 10 year ban, yay me!

I blame my parents for moving out of Europe and moving to this pathetic country..

At least you can't get deported to a third world country like mine. I was here since i was 14 and I'm 25 now. Your situation is not that bad. I do agree this country is becoming more and more pathetic.

oneday6 06-17-2011 01:31 AM

England here. I'm hesitant to move back because of the 10 year ban. Not being able to visit my family for 10 years is just sick. Sure they can visit me, but that's still not enough.
So basically I stay here and rot or make a very tough decision and deal with 10 year ban. As the days go by, I'm leaning more and more towards the latter.

LifeDreamer 06-17-2011 04:18 AM

What's with all the family talk... It sounds so gay... Move on and make your own family losers...

mnrunner 06-17-2011 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LifeDreamer (Post 221705)
What's with all the family talk... It sounds so gay... Move on and make your own family losers...

My family already left the rest of my extended family behind to be here. I'm pretty sure my family here wouldn't want me to do the same to them and leave them behind.

LifeDreamer 06-17-2011 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnrunner (Post 221727)
My family already left the rest of my extended family behind to be here. I'm pretty sure my family here wouldn't want me to do the same to them and leave them behind.

mnrunner I think it's obvious we can't always get what we want..

hooligan111988 06-17-2011 10:38 AM

if my greatgrandpa was spaniard...could i get EU citizenship??..my family has his birth certificate somewhere.