DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   People are going back (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=68042)

MAEZX 07-06-2014 07:32 PM

People are going back

What's up people!
I hope all of you are doing well and enjoying life.
With no hope of immigration reform I've heard of more and more people going back to Mexico.
My neighbor is going back and a lot of my family friends are no longer here.
My dad lost his main job two months ago and has started telling my mom they should go back.
They have a house over there and a couple heads of cattle. My mom is a bit hesitant and wants to make sure my father gets his share of sugarcane fields from his family. My younger brother doesn't want to go because he would be leaving his whole life behind. I don't know what I'm going to do if they do go back. If I go with them I will continue my education and more then likely will get involved with the family business.

Have you heard of friends or family who are going back to their native countries?

freshh. 07-06-2014 08:44 PM

Re: People are going back

Yeah. But it's not from undocumented friends and family members. I've had several family friends who are actually PRs and USCs say that they want to go back to Jamaica. It makes no sense to me when things are so violent and it's difficult financially for everyone.

How long have your parents been here? Are they willing to wait until we see what administrative action the President takes?

MAEZX 07-06-2014 11:55 PM

We've been here sixteen years. They're going to start getting the house fixed up so that's going to take a while.
I'm thinking of going with them.

j_cis1011 07-07-2014 02:17 AM

My wife went back to visit with AP after 11 years. She said that it was completely different from how she remembered it at the age of 15 and that she could never move back to live there. I think that once you live here for so long, it's hard to go back specially if you're planning on starting all over again. It's two very different lifestyles and you take a hit financially. Even having your own business, you'll find yourself competing with 4 or 5 other neighbors for your clientele since everyone and their mother seem to own any type of business over there.

vivace 07-07-2014 06:34 PM

My mom and I used to live with her friend who had been here for 10+ years. He was undocumented but was doing pretty well at his job in a restaurant. He had enough money saved up and bought a house in Indonesia. He left in 2012, and since then, he's been putting together a family farm and raising small animals.

He just got tired of working his ass off here and not getting anywhere. My mom thought about leaving, but then she found a USC boyfriend. Now they're getting married.

I've never had the desire to go back, but I am not closing the door on moving to a different country legally. Maybe after I get my MBA.