DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Driving too Los Angeles is it safe!! (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=76040)

8TH 02-19-2017 10:57 PM

Driving too Los Angeles is it safe!!

So I'm a Daca Recipient and I'll be traveling too California In a couple days I'll be driving out there with friends. But with all the raid talk from ICE it's scary knowing if they will be out there? I'm from AZ. Do you think it's safe if I take my state ID, Social, My Employment card they gave me ?

2MoreYears 02-20-2017 12:02 AM

Re: Driving too Los Angeles is it safe!!

I've always been under the impression CA is safer than AZ. I guess the feeling is reciprocal.

You should be ok with your EAD, SSN card and ID.

ffabbess91 02-20-2017 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2MoreYears (Post 605222)
I've always been under the impression CA is safer than AZ. I guess the feeling is reciprocal.

You should be ok with your EAD, SSN card and ID.

Yea I feel like California is Def one of the safer states to be in.

JohannBernoulli1667 02-20-2017 01:41 PM

I think he is referring to the numerous check points around southern California Highways near the border.

g33k 02-20-2017 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohannBernoulli1667 (Post 605267)
I think he is referring to the numerous check points around southern California Highways near the border.

There are check points on southern and northern states. Last time i went through one, there was no one around.

johnfreyan 02-20-2017 03:30 PM

It's safe. It's the I-8 from Tucson - San Diego you should worry about. I-10 from Phoenix to LA is 100% safe - as long as you don't have any vegetables :D

8TH 02-20-2017 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnfreyan (Post 605277)
It's safe. It's the I-8 from Tucson - San Diego you should worry about. I-10 from Phoenix to LA is 100% safe - as long as you don't have any vegetables :D

thanks, really appreciate it yea will be driving through the I-10 we usually always take that route!! :)

Dreaaamerrr 02-22-2017 03:01 AM

Yeah the I-10 is a lot safer than I-8. You should be okay as long as you bring your ID. Keep in mind though, border patrol sometimes likes to set up at the Blythe agricultural checkpoint, mostly on the eastbound side back to AZ. In the many times I've gone, I've only seen BP present there twice, once on the eastbound side, waving people through, and once just parked on the westbound side but not stopping people. Even if they just happen to be there I don't think they'll give you trouble tbh, as long as you bring all your docs. Enjoy your trip!