DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   Other Topics (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Future plans assuming no legalization (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=26305)

JohannBernoulli1667 02-02-2012 08:13 PM

Future plans assuming no legalization

I would like to have an idea on what people will do if no legalization ever passes. Will you be an illegal for the rest of you life?

How long are you willing to wait?

In case you decide to leave, what do you want to accomplish before you leave?

QuePasa87 02-02-2012 08:42 PM

Re: Future plans assuming no legalization

If no legislation ever passes, I will probably always stay rather than spit in the face of my parents after they sacrificed a lot to get us all here. I'll probably just try to get the best possible job and be content living in an apartment on my own when I finally move out and just accept a mediocre lifestyle. I've lost my care for friends that will always be there, as I've lost care for the pursuit of a partner that both has an understanding family and someone that doesn't see my situation as a deal breaker. Someone that isn't bothered by: a lack of higher education, financial independence, me still living at home, no major career path. I'm warming up to the idea of just being on my own and saying screw everyone that isn't family or so-so "friends" that I already have.

JohannBernoulli1667 02-02-2012 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuePasa87 (Post 245246)
If no legislation ever passes, I will probably always stay rather than spit in the face of my parents after they sacrificed a lot to get us all here. I'll probably just try to get the best possible job and be content living in an apartment on my own when I finally move out and just accept a mediocre lifestyle. I've lost my care for friends that will always be there, as I've lost care for the pursuit of a partner that both has an understanding family and someone that doesn't see my situation as a deal breaker. Someone that isn't bothered by: a lack of higher education, financial independence, me still living at home, no major career path. I'm warming up to the idea of just being on my own and saying screw everyone that isn't family or so-so "friends" that I already have.

I see, I respect your position. I think the decision to go back depends greatly on which country you are from.

Honestly, I think I could live in the shadows my whole life, I would be happy.

I do plan to move out once I finish school though. I think, I can be happy anywhere.

MalditoDuende 02-02-2012 09:30 PM

Honestly, no. I dont wan't to be illegal for the rest of my life. I would rather go back to Mexico. I was born there; there's nothing I can do to change that so might as well accept it.

DareToAct 02-02-2012 10:24 PM

I can't go back to my country

My mother has filled my head up with too much crap about the country that it just disgusts me

Way toooo much injustice

other than that I guess I would just do like Ali and head to another country that is not third world

I would probably head to somewhere in Europe or something

But I need to get my degree here first which is what I am work on

hopefully I can finally start

JohannBernoulli1667 02-02-2012 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DareToAct (Post 245260)
I can't go back to my country

My mother has filled my head up with too much crap about the country that it just disgusts me

Way toooo much injustice

other than that I guess I would just do like Ali and head to another country that is not third world

But I need to get my degree here first which is what I am work on

hopefully I can finally start

I think that this is the position that must of us must take.

One of the reasons I would not like to remain illegal is old age. I meant it would suck to be old and have no health insurance, no pension, no retirement

Just think about it, if you are screwed now that we are young and strong, imagine when we are old!

That is assuming we marry another illegal ofcourse, which I would not object to do.

kingsam73 02-02-2012 10:38 PM

Quote:

Sorry if i'm crushing your dreams, but if you want to live in Europe permanently, you'll have to apply for citizenship just like you would for the US. I'd rather apply for USA.......besides, i'm guessing you need a valid visa/passport for this, and i'm pretty sure you might not have that since you're undocumented.......

Best thing to do for that: go back to your country and renew your visa/passport. Then apply for any country and wait......(could take like 10 years or something). So I'd say our best best for a good future is the Dream or ARMS Act. Our lives seriously depend on it.....

Inception 02-02-2012 10:44 PM

Pay some USC girl.

JohannBernoulli1667 02-02-2012 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inception (Post 245267)
Pay some USC girl.

I was thinking of asking my best friend to marry me for legalization purposes. It is not like we don't do stuff either way :wink:

We could totally fake it! :D

DareToAct 02-02-2012 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inception (Post 245267)
Pay some USC girl.

I know right, but that can get pretty expensive

Anyways I need the money for my education