DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   Other Topics (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Intel interviews (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=83449)

jorgeag92 03-20-2019 11:48 AM

Intel interviews

Has anyone with DACA status been interviewed at Intel?

I have literally applied to Intel about 30 times and have never received an invitation to interview. I know the problem is not in my resume because I have about a 70% success rate at getting interviews at any other private company and even got an interview at Google.

The only reason I can think of why they are denying my application is because I click "DACA" in their immigration status drop down.

Malign0n 03-20-2019 01:57 PM

Re: Intel interviews

If you apply again and select “green card” from the drop down and then interview you they are breaking the law. Using an immigration prescreen in an application to “weed out” candidates is to the letter of the law discrimination and you should consider suing

DogJuiceMan 03-20-2019 05:34 PM

Maybe they require a greencard of USC for the position.

It is a little weird that they make you click DACA, that is certainly unlawful. Unless the position requires GC or USC, then they should accept eligible to work.

I wouldn't go in saying you have a greencard though, that just seems shady, and incorrect.

JayR9 03-20-2019 09:32 PM

damn you should of told me this. I just built my computer with a intel chip. now i have to dismantle and build a amd comp

Red neck 03-21-2019 08:19 AM

INTEL supports daca Ive seen a few post from their @intelpolicy advocating DACA maybe you should contact them.

@IntelPolicy
Mar 12
More
We’re encouraged to see the introduction of the Dream and Promise Act. We ask Congress to prioritize #HR6 and enact a bipartisan and permanent solution. #ProtectTheDream

jwxie518 03-21-2019 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorgeag92 (Post 734580)
Has anyone with DACA status been interviewed at Intel?

I have literally applied to Intel about 30 times and have never received an invitation to interview. I know the problem is not in my resume because I have about a 70% success rate at getting interviews at any other private company and even got an interview at Google.

The only reason I can think of why they are denying my application is because I click "DACA" in their immigration status drop down.

You don't want to keep applying... 30 times... they have system in place to detect duplicate. Sign up teamblind.com and ask for a referral there. People are happy to do so. That's where tech people hang out these days.

lachupacabra 03-22-2019 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malign0n (Post 734582)
If you apply again and select “green card” from the drop down and then interview you they are breaking the law. Using an immigration prescreen in an application to “weed out” candidates is to the letter of the law discrimination and you should consider suing

Are you fo real? I applied at IBM and I selected I DACA and got denied. I then applied through a second party and they only asked me if I needed sponsorship and I received an interview with IBM

JayR9 03-22-2019 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwxie518 (Post 734619)
You don't want to keep applying... 30 times... they have system in place to detect duplicate. Sign up teamblind.com and ask for a referral there. People are happy to do so. That's where tech people hang out these days.

teamblind is pretty entertaining site. thanks for the post

unrealunknown92 03-22-2019 05:33 PM

Applying to jobs w/ DACA can get frustrating at times. Most of the companies that are hiring engineers near my area are all defense contractors which require US citizenship. Some tech companies ask if you're a U.S. worker (I still don't know how to answer this question) or have an option for DACA.

I like the ones that just ask whether or not you can work legally in the US (which is yes for DACA).