DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   How Are you Mentally ? (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=80378)

jaws 01-20-2018 01:04 PM

How Are you Mentally ?

I know we are all stressed, our lives are on the lines. But how are you guys doing and dealing with all this?

I'm stressed out and not sleeping,this coupled with the fact that I have a major exam is really throwing me off. I actually only made an account here so that I could have an outlet, even though live been lurking around on this site for years. :-?

Any tips to deal with this?

I'm sorry if this question was asked before.

MalditoDuende 01-20-2018 01:07 PM

Re: How Are you Mentally ?

Me too ive been having a real hard time sleeping. The fact that i have to get up at 4:30 am for work makes it worse

Marshall 01-20-2018 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaws (Post 676470)
I know we are all stressed, our lives are on the lines. But how are you guys doing and dealing with all this?

I'm stressed out and not sleeping,this coupled with the fact that I have a major exam is really throwing me off. I actually only made an account here so that I could have an outlet, even though live been lurking around on this site for years. :-?

Any tips to deal with this?

I'm sorry if this question was asked before.

First I'm glad you're reaching out and not shutting yourself in. Human nature default is to shut it all in and then your mind goes wild and anything can happen from there. Truth is everyone has different coping mechanisms. For some people it is getting around their loved ones, for some its playing video games, others it's praying etc.... Find what works for you and it might not be just one thing. Wishing you the very best..... #DREAMERSTRONG

Got_Daca 01-20-2018 01:39 PM

The thought of having GC on my hands keeps me going

Visualize the end and keep on going

4n0nym0us 01-20-2018 01:43 PM

I've been focusing on my career and learning new skills. Also, I had sex last night

Cin 01-20-2018 02:02 PM

I feel the same. I’m stressed and I feel like i constantly have to be on alert. I guess, just anxious. I read a lot of news articles and when I can, I watch the 24 hour news channels, both of those things are probably not good for me. But I can’t help it. :( I mostly keep it together though., I’ve been working on my New Years resolution of hitting the gym at least 3 times a week so that’s helped me and honestly, this site has helped me. I check it a few times a day, it’s comforting knowing I’m not the only one out here with these feelings.

Nycgal111 01-20-2018 02:13 PM

Very well. Even if nothing happens which I very highly doubt, there is the still the back up plan of renewing DACA and being safe through 2020. I am very optimistic about everything despite being jaded and a pessimist at heart.

Got_Daca 01-20-2018 05:21 PM

Just came from gym.

Hitting PRs each session.

Dont know where i will be without weights.

DogJuiceMan 01-20-2018 05:33 PM

Just read my posts and you can get a decent idea!

Ianus 01-20-2018 07:19 PM

Stable, but not too happy about how it is "inconvenient" for Republicans to even consider a bill with legal status despite their overtures of supporting. Despite that, it is all good.