DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Expiring Date (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=81315)

illuzion33x 03-13-2018 03:51 PM

Expiring Date

Hey guys so i just noticed my Bio-metrics appointment is in the same day my DACA expires, that makes me a little worried.. what if i get detained while on my way there or something? should i be worried or what?

BeeHive 03-13-2018 04:00 PM

Re: Expiring Date

If you expire on X day, and your bio is on X date, then technically you still have that lawful status DACA gives you until X day.

You should be fine.

It is only after X day that your DACA becomes invalid.

Let us see what other dreamers have to say about this.

DreamerSD23 03-13-2018 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by illuzion33x (Post 697308)
Hey guys so i just noticed my Bio-metrics appointment is in the same day my DACA expires, that makes me a little worried.. what if i get detained while on my way there or something? should i be worried or what?

You can do a walk-in before your biometrics appointment date.

thedreamisreal 03-13-2018 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeeHive (Post 697309)
If you expire on X day, and your bio is on X date, then technically you still have that lawful status DACA gives you until X day.

You should be fine.

It is only after X day that your DACA becomes invalid.

Let us see what other dreamers have to say about this.

My thoughts exactly! In case they don't approve your case the same day as your biometrics appointment, I would talk to my boss (if working) about leave of absence, and I would try and get a driver's license (if expired) for people without a valid EAD (if applicable in your state).

AleiaTheEnchanted 03-13-2018 04:44 PM

You have a pending case wouldn't that cover you until it's approve or denied??

JJ Glo 03-13-2018 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by illuzion33x (Post 697308)

Do you not leave your house, ever? Lol, you could be detained any other day, why does that date worry you?

EMejia 03-13-2018 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DreamerSD23 (Post 697313)
You can do a walk-in before your biometrics appointment date.

I didn’t know you could do a walk in before your bio date. I have mine scheduled for the 22nd. So if I wanted to I could just go and do it tomorrow?

Dreamer24 03-14-2018 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EMejia (Post 697405)
I didn’t know you could do a walk in before your bio date. I have mine scheduled for the 22nd. So if I wanted to I could just go and do it tomorrow?

Yes, you should def try and do a walk in. Some places allow it and some won’t but you have a lot to gain (maybe you’ll get approved before you actually expire) and the worst you can be told is no, come back on your scheduled date. Try to be there as they open, so they’re not busy. Good luck.

DreamerSD23 03-14-2018 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EMejia (Post 697405)

Yes, I've personally done it.

Go early, get in line early, be respectful. More than likely they will do your bio for you.

gely_velazquez 03-14-2018 01:01 AM

The biometrics letter you received does state that if your permit expires before you are approved, the letter should serve as an extension of up to 180 days of such permit. Read the letter fully. But I do agree with everyone, do a walk in. If they tell you no, at least you tried. Good luck