DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Average Attorney fee/Charge for a Criminal Record Expungement? (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=67404)

jaqui004 05-05-2014 05:37 PM

Average Attorney fee/Charge for a Criminal Record Expungement?

I am interested in having my Criminal Record Expunged and I have read the requirments for my state and I believe that I qualify for it, but now I need to have an idea of how much money I need to save so that I can pay an attorney, and I dont want them overcharging me either.

so I have to ask:

Does anyone have an Idea of what an Attorney Charges to do a Criminal Record Expungement?An estimate or an average; I know that it all depends on many things but maybe Someone Has Already Paid for this type of Service and What State was it in..?

Your experiance is Appreciated.
(Please no Negative Feedback we're all adults here, dont Judge.)

Thank you.

chemun 05-05-2014 08:41 PM

Re: Average Attorney fee/Charge for a Criminal Record Expungement?

between $250 to $500 last time i check.

MalditoDuende 05-05-2014 11:19 PM

I called a a bunch of lawyers around my area about expungement services and the cheapest one said he would do it for 500. Most were in the range of 500-1200 range. One of my old white boy friends said there are classes in my local library where they teach people how to file the forms by themselves ;hence, saving you hundreds of dollars. I will look into that, and I suggest you try and find a similar program because fuck paying a douche lawyer hundreds of dollars just to file paper work.

jaqui004 05-06-2014 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MalditoDuende (Post 529371)
I called a a bunch of lawyers around my area about expungement services and the cheapest one said he would do it for 500. Most were in the range of 500-1200 range. One of my old white boy friends said there are classes in my local library where they teach people how to file the forms by themselves ;hence, saving you hundreds of dollars. I will look into that, and I suggest you try and find a similar program because fuck paying a douche lawyer hundreds of dollars just to file paper work.

Thanks for the advise, I will definitely look into it.

txgirl 05-06-2014 11:17 AM

It usually starts at $250 and it goes up depending on how many agencies you want the record to be expunged.

jaqui004 05-06-2014 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txgirl (Post 529387)
It usually starts at $250 and it goes up depending on how many agencies you want the record to be expunged.

this is Attorneys fees only right? plus the court fees.. what state?

txgirl 05-06-2014 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaqui004 (Post 529398)
this is Attorneys fees only right? plus the court fees.. what state?

Texas