DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Nebraska service center for renewals (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=70139)

Tortoise77 12-29-2014 06:50 PM

Nebraska service center for renewals

My renewal application was sent to Nebraska. My EAD has been expired. I just applied for renewal.

I've heard Nebraska is terrible? What was your experience or how is it? Sometimes i feel like long waiting times are due to individual cases and not particularly to specific service centers. Share your current or past experience with Nebraska service center.

userfriendly2580 12-29-2014 08:27 PM

Re: Nebraska service center for renewals

Absolutely the worst. I've been waiting 4 plus months. My relative just applied late november did her biometrics early december and already got approved and hers was in Texas...I've tried everything possible, even managed to get an expedite request which the officer assigned denied...

dreamer83 12-29-2014 08:48 PM

Oh crap. i guess i'm doomed as well folks. Mine got transferred there. USCIS processing times states Nebraska having a 3.5 month average for 821-d renewal applications - guess that's not really true. Well i'll be writing to my congressman once i approach the 30 day countdown to expiration.

userfriendly2580 12-29-2014 09:01 PM

Yeah I'd start now or you'll end up like me expiring tomorrow.

tanyae 12-30-2014 12:48 AM

Approved for renewal today after 2.5 months wait. Nebraska Service Center.

userfriendly2580 12-30-2014 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tanyae (Post 550265)
Approved for renewal today after 2.5 months wait. Nebraska Service Center.

When was your expiration?

_iliketodream 12-30-2014 01:42 AM

Why do some cases take so long and why do some of them take less than 2 months?

userfriendly2580 12-30-2014 01:57 AM

Because according to USCIS it's based on when applications are received but also on a case by case basis if that makes any sense..

_iliketodream 12-30-2014 02:12 AM

It obviously makes sense.... From some of the post in this forum, some applications were sent after some, but they got approved before or even way before... Case by case sounds very subjective to me. USCIS is such a efficient organization... My first application got approved within 2 months. Hopefully I still have the luck. I sent my app in a month ago and my EAD expires at the end of February. I've heard from some that Nebraska is fast but then...

tanyae 12-30-2014 02:29 AM

February expiration date