DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   is this enough ? (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=29759)

beachgirlx19 08-16-2012 02:03 PM

is this enough ?

3 seperate segments clipped :

1. The 6 pages of the deferred action childhood arrivals application
attached with a money order for 465$

2. I 765, and the I 765 worksheet attached with a little booklet containing 2 passport pictures from CVS lol

3. Supporting documents and evidence:
A copy of my passport : showing my picture, date of birth, place of birth, when and where I got my passport: it was March 2, 2010 - New York
A copy of my high school diploma with the date back in June. I graduated on June 19th, so it's close to June 15th
2 pages of middle school and high school transcripts beginning from year 2007 up to 2012.
A page of my photo copied 2 school IDs in middle school, one is from year 2007-2008, and the other one is from 2008 - 2009.

I mailed it to them today, Express mail. The lady said they will receive it tomorrow in the afternoon. I could have put more information but I felt like this was enough. I didn't make a table of contents or wrote a letter. I just stuck to the original plan, and I kept it really simple with enough proof. I didn't want to overwhelm them. The school transcripts show my presence from 2007 to 2012. My passport states my age which is 19 now. I came back in 2002. My transcripts show since 7th grade, and that was back in 2007, 5 years ago so I obviously came before the age of 16.

maruuruguay 08-16-2012 02:12 PM

Re: is this enough ?

I don't know if is enough or not, but.. did you have a chance of gathering more info and you didn't do it? Or that is ALL the info you got? Because if this is really important to you, you should have done everything possible to avoid any complications.

That being said, no bills? No medical records?

Im not saying is not enough, it might be, it might be not. It just looks too little compared to most of us here. Thats all.

I wish you the best luck!!! :) Let us know how it went. :)

beachgirlx19 08-16-2012 02:16 PM

Yeah I know. I really didn't have any other things like medical. I just thought school records would be enough, but I was like ohh damn when I saw the amount of stuff other people had... and thank you!

bigdreams92 08-16-2012 02:18 PM

I think is enough especially if you recently graduated hs and don't really have anything other than school transcripts

DreamBaybeh 08-16-2012 02:26 PM

Some people don't have more than high school transcripts, and honestly, in some cases you don't need much more than that, there's no sense in making people paranoid about it.

Ines 08-17-2012 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DreamBaybeh (Post 278117)
Some people don't have more than high school transcripts, and honestly, in some cases you don't need much more than that, there's no sense in making people paranoid about it.

I don't have my high school diploma with me. It is at home in Washington State, and I'm in college in NYC. I have my high school transcript. Do you think it is enough?

mangalan 08-17-2012 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ines (Post 279286)
I don't have my high school diploma with me. It is at home in Washington State, and I'm in college in NYC. I have my high school transcript. Do you think it is enough?

It might be enough, but it's also risky. Is there any way someone could mail/fax/send a pigeon carrying your diploma?

I mean just thinking here, what if someone makes a photocopy of your dilpoma, then faxes you the copy. That would be enough.

hooper 08-17-2012 03:34 AM

If your HS transcripts shows you completed high school (earned a GED), then you're ok.

gsb89 08-17-2012 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ines (Post 279286)

Why not have someone home make a copy of it and fax it to you?

Ines 08-25-2012 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mangalan (Post 279290)
It might be enough, but it's also risky. Is there any way someone could mail/fax/send a pigeon carrying your diploma?

I mean just thinking here, what if someone makes a photocopy of your dilpoma, then faxes you the copy. That would be enough.

A little bit late, but thanks mangalan. The problem was that my dad did not know where my diploma was, but fortunately he found it and fax it! Thanks!