DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   help (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=15604)

naima 07-05-2010 03:42 AM

help

Just graduated with a B.A. my friends girlfriend are getting jobs and making plans. A mediocre life is what some close to me say I will have. My partner lives 4 hrs away and just to see her is a hassle (transportation). Beginning to lose all sense. May God forgive me but ending it all myself has crossed my mind...

luvsherry 07-05-2010 04:58 AM

Re: help

Quote:

Originally Posted by naima (Post 165155)
May God forgive me but ending it all myself has crossed my mind...

dude if your talking about what im thinking then i suggest you get help right away. Don't do it!!!!! You have so much to offer this world. take it day by day

Dazany4002 07-05-2010 05:32 AM

Play your cards... I think sometimes some of us forget how much better than others we still have it...
I get frustrated as f*ck at times too, but in all honesty, though I've had thoughts of what the world would be like if I died, I've never had a serious thought about killing myself. That's weak, and we aren't that...
By the way, those close to you, don't come off as that close to me...

xxamz3 07-05-2010 10:34 AM

Quote:

Just graduated with a B.A. my friends girlfriend are getting jobs and making plans. A mediocre life is what some close to me say I will have. My partner lives 4 hrs away and just to see her is a hassle (transportation). Beginning to lose all sense. May God forgive me but ending it all myself has crossed my mind...

you're not going to kill yourself so calm yo a$$ down..Life isn't that bad..I'm pretty sure you can find a job..talk more about your situation

Ianus 07-05-2010 02:21 PM

Quote:

Do you think that would be fair to the one you say is your "partner" just because of transportation ?What you're basically proposing is that they will never see you at all !

Doesn't seem very fair at all with your possible solution being more problematic than the current situation.

californiadreamer 07-05-2010 10:23 PM

I myself recently graduated with a B.A. also. I understand how you feel. Currently, I have friends who are traveling in different countries right now. I have friends who have already found jobs. I have friends who will be going to grad school this fall. You and I do not have the ability to do these things now, but one day we will. But if you end your life now, then you will not be able to enjoy these things ever.

Although I know that our situation is tough at the moment, there is a chance that it will get better. Life has its ups and downs. Some of your friends who are getting jobs now might get fired someday. Some of my friends who are traveling might one day run out of money. And you might one day realize your dreams.

You might see yourself as unlucky compared to your friends, but if you think about it, you are actually very lucky. The vast majority of Americans do not earn a bachelor's degree. Yet, you were able to do so despite all the hardships you face as an undocumented immigrant. You should be very proud of yourself. Don't give up. You have already proven yourself. There is no denying that you will one day have a bright future. :)

ciscox3 07-06-2010 01:14 AM

hey, don't do it. You will regret it. lol No, in all seriousness though, even though you don't have "papers", life is just too beautiful to leave behind. Don't equate your life with not having papers, that is just illogical. Plus, your girlfriend will miss you, and you will not be able to see her. Even if it is just for a few hours.

negrita_028 07-06-2010 01:41 AM

dont worry. the nightmare will be over soon.

you will live your happily ever after : )

dreamy14 07-06-2010 01:57 AM

You're not alone naima...all of us here are going thru hard times because of our situation. Stay strong, all of us are clinging into hope and I personally believe changes will happen soon. But if you're going to end it all....like I think you would...then all your hope will be lost.

vanedream 07-07-2010 12:49 AM

Hi Naima, i know how hear breaking it is when you have worked so incredibly hard for school, i graduated about seven years ago and my dream was to go to medical school. Ever sence I was little i dreamed of nothing else, not marriage, not babies and puppies...etc just medical school. When i graduated school i swear to you my heart was broken, i was depressed, i thought that nothing else was worth it. As I write this i feel the same heart ache I felt in those days. What I can tell you now is that eventhough i babysit for a living and clean houses on the weekends,' I hold my head up high because I know I have done my best and certain things are out of my hands. So cry as much as you need as hard as you can, and when you are ready pick yourself up and look around at all the things that you have accomplised with all the obsticles in the world in front of you.
I will not tell you that things will change soon, because that is a lie; they might or they might not who knows with all the racist, ignorant people. What I can tell you is that your friends who trully are your friends will be there no matter what you do for a living. Those others who don't do not matter. Most of my friends are doctors now and make excelent money, but they never look down upon me. Yes it brakes my heart to hear about their jobs and promotions, but I'm also happy for them and eventhough is hard I know that i'm worth much more than a degree or a diploma. So please keep your head up:)