DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   I'm moving back to my old address that I've been in since coming into the U.S but is (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=74660)

jessebrenele 11-04-2016 02:54 AM

I'm moving back to my old address that I've been in since coming into the U.S but is

I've only had two official addresses that I've listed in my previous DACA renewal and original DACA request.

Address A is my grandparent's home, and it's where I basically grew up before moving out. I moved out after my second DACA renewal, and now I'm coming back to my primary address.

I will probably be residing in my old address in less than a year, so would it bother USCIS if I just didn't include my second address, and just put in my primary address in form I-821D, part 2.?

Basically I had my present address listed in my last renewal as well as my old address (the one that I've lived in longer and first) as address 1. I was thinking of just writing my old address in Present Address, and just forgetting about my previous address.

Would it matter? Does anyone know if there was an issue here? Is USCIS really specific about addresses? Because I didn't even list my other addresses that I lived in, though they were only in short moments.

BrokeAssJr 11-04-2016 05:14 AM

Re: I'm moving back to my old address that I've been in since coming into the U.S but

I don't think it's a big deal, especially if you're only doing a renewal. I would just switch the addresses, make ur old one the primary one and vice versa. You should be alright.

turmalina 11-04-2016 10:31 AM

Re: I'm moving back to my old address that I've been in since coming into the U.S but

The information they ask you for in the renewal application pertains to only info since your last renewal. Whatever address you've resided at since your last renewal, however short or long it was, you should put it down.

FYI, you are supposed to inform USCIS everytime you move within 10 days by filling out AR-11 between renewals. This is true even for permanent residents.

jessebrenele 11-05-2016 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turmalina (Post 585531)
The information they ask you for in the renewal application pertains to only info since your last renewal. Whatever address you've resided at since your last renewal, however short or long it was, you should put it down.

FYI, you are supposed to inform USCIS everytime you move within 10 days by filling out AR-11 between renewals. This is true even for permanent residents.

Interesting. Would it be a big deal if I just switch my current one as the primary? I just do not want USCIS to be confused and I think, personally, I'm just making it easy for them. Of course, you could say it would make things complicated. However, I had the same thinking as BrokeAssJr posted about. I wonder if anyone has ever come across this? I think of just writing my old address and not including my secondary one. Or it doesn't matter anyway.

QueenB 11-06-2016 12:28 AM

I agree with Turmalina. You should put it as true as possible. I can understand why you would want to just use your old address.

I don't think anyone in here can confirm whether it's risky or not. We can only tell you what we think. Even someone with the same scenario can't guarantee that the officer that gets your case will get funny about it or not. To me it's sounds easier to just let them know once you do move, that you have moved. That's just me though.