DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The News Room (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   VETO Mitt Romney not the DREAM Act (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=26438)

JohannBernoulli1667 02-13-2012 11:31 PM

VETO Mitt Romney not the DREAM Act

http://tucsoncitizen.com/hispanic-po...-mesa-arizona/

I don’t understand how Mitt Romney can associate with white nationalist thinkers such as Kris Kobach and Pete Wilson. He is coming to Mesa, Arizona, a place where the Mormon Temple exists today and we are going to protest him because he is not compassionate to fellow mankind.

Why doesn’t Mitt Romney abide by the Utah Compact? Since Romney promised to Veto the DREAM Act, Latinos nation-wide are promising to veto him at the polls. And guess what? There are already 100,000 new eligible Arizona Latino voters since Gov. Jan Brewer signed the SB 1070 bill. Furthermore, the Obama administration and the Democrats are applying the “Blue print” strategy here in Arizona that emulates their successful Colorado strategy. In 2008, the State of Colorado registered approximately 225,000 new eligible Latino voters which virtually painted Colorado blue due to Tom Tancredo’s inhumane treatment of immigrants.

Mitt Romney and his entire family are hypocritical with their anti-immigrant positions. Romney’s grandfather was accepted by Mexico at a time he was fleeing the United States due to polygamy beliefs. This is no way to thank Latinos when Latin country (Mexico) accepted his grandfather at a time of their need. Romney is on the record for stating he wants to send ALL undocumented back to where they came from. While Mexico accepted his family, Romney wants to kick out all the Mexicans and trample on what Mexico did for HIS family.

Join us in this protest today.

Arizona Against Romney’s Anti-DREAM Act Rhetoric PROTEST!
TODAY from 4:00 pm through 7:00 pm
Mesa Amphitheatre 263 N Center Street Mesa, AZ 85201
So we found out that Romney, the same one that has been endorsed by one of the creators of SB 1070 and the person who has said over and over again that he will veto the DREAM Act if he becomes president, IS COMING TO OUR TOWN!!

Join us at this event to let Romney know that Latinos and our community will not stand with his anti-DREAM, anti-immigrant rhetoric. WE WILL VETO ROMNEY!

His event will be starting at 5:30pm, but we will be meeting at 4pm at the corner parking lot of Center and University Dr. in Mesa.

JohannBernoulli1667 02-13-2012 11:32 PM

Re: VETO Mitt Romney not the DREAM Act

After posting, I think I posted this on the wrong section since it is not really news. Feel free to move it please

Smooth 02-14-2012 12:23 AM

I think this is relevant. This is good news. I like the article.

JohannBernoulli1667 02-14-2012 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smooth (Post 246440)
I think this is relevant. This is good news. I like the article.

I think this is the relevant part.

There are already 100,000 new eligible Arizona Latino voters since Gov. Jan Brewer signed the SB 1070 bill. Furthermore, the Obama administration and the Democrats are applying the “Blue print” strategy here in Arizona that emulates their successful Colorado strategy. In 2008, the State of Colorado registered approximately 225,000 new eligible Latino voters which virtually painted Colorado blue due to Tom Tancredo’s inhumane treatment of immigrants.

Republicans can go to hell.

Smooth 02-14-2012 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohannBernoulli1667 (Post 246441)
I think this is the relevant part.

There are already 100,000 new eligible Arizona Latino voters since Gov. Jan Brewer signed the SB 1070 bill. Furthermore, the Obama administration and the Democrats are applying the “Blue print” strategy here in Arizona that emulates their successful Colorado strategy. In 2008, the State of Colorado registered approximately 225,000 new eligible Latino voters which virtually painted Colorado blue due to Tom Tancredo’s inhumane treatment of immigrants.

Republicans can go to hell.

Yup, that's what caught my attention.

Holy dog shit. I hope something happens soon.

I really think this asshole is going to reveal some immigration reform plan if he faces Obama in the general election. It will most likely be some stupid path to legalization for those who have been here for a long time, but it will be a plan, nonetheless.