DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The News Room (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   All Eyes on Noon Democratic Caucus Meeting Today As Senators Decide Whether to Keep T (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=79730)

eva02 12-19-2017 12:34 PM

All Eyes on Noon Democratic Caucus Meeting Today As Senators Decide Whether to Keep T

All Eyes on Noon Democratic Caucus Meeting Today As Senators Decide Whether to Keep Their Word on the Dream Act

https://unitedwedream.org/2017/12/ey...ord-dream-act/

Washington, DC – Today, the Senate Democratic Caucus will meet at noon to decide whether or not to use their leverage to pass the Dream Act as party leaders had promised to do earlier this year.

1,500 immigrant youth have put their lives on hold and have exposed themselves to dangers to travel to Washington, DC to fight for their right to exist in this country. Today, activists will visit 35 congressional offices and stage protests to pass the Dream Act as part of a weeklong escalation. See here for video of sit-ins and other protest actions or follow us at #DreamActNow.

Adrian Reyna, membership director of United We Dream and potential Dream Act beneficiary said:

“The question for Democrats is whether they are an opposition force to the white supremacist agenda of if they are enablers. The Democratic party stands at a moral crossroads – if they vote for a year-end spending bill without the Dream Act they will be voting to deport immigrant youth.

“The top Democrats – Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi committed to using their leverage to protect immigrant youth and they are now waffling. We can’t wait for the Dream Act because immigrant youth are being taken to detention camps now, 850 of us are losing protections every week and millions of us are in danger.

“Yesterday, our leaders did sit-ins at 10 congressional offices and today we will visit 35 of them. 1,500 immigrant youth are here from Montana, North Dakota, California, Texas, New York and everywhere in between. We are fighting for our right to exist and the Democrats are debating whether or not to put some real skin in the game.”

Afridi786 12-19-2017 12:36 PM

Re: All Eyes on Noon Democratic Caucus Meeting Today As Senators Decide Whether to Ke

Their obviously not going to keep their word, we're too valuable to ever legalize, we're just going to be used as talking points elections.

2Face 12-19-2017 12:39 PM

Re: All Eyes on Noon Democratic Caucus Meeting Today As Senators Decide Whether to Ke

Quote:

Originally Posted by Afridi786 (Post 661667)
Their obviously not going to keep their word, we're too valuable to ever legalize, we're just going to be used as talking points elections.

Wassup boom boom. Then that also means we are too valuable to deport. This is going to be a rough rough fight for us. It could get resolved this year or roll over to next year but it will get done.

DreamerSD23 12-19-2017 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Afridi786 (Post 661667)

How do people like you keep posting the same thing over and over.

If you don't think anything's going to happen, then just leave.

PhelonOne87 12-19-2017 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DreamerSD23 (Post 661673)

Lmao that’s funny

fl_dreamer 12-19-2017 12:51 PM

I think we will be fine. I am not holding my breath on this Friday but early next year something should pass - even if it’s Brdige act.

Truly don’t believe it will come down to this, but if nothing passes, I plan to cash out my credit cards, take personal loans and call it a day from this county which I will always call home. With a 815 credit score, I can get enough cash to buy a property back home!

2Face 12-19-2017 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fl_dreamer (Post 661675)
I think we will be fine. I am not holding my breath on this Friday but early next year something should pass - even if it’s Brdige act.

Truly don’t believe it will come down to this, but if nothing passes, I plan to cash out my credit cards, take personal loans and call it a day from this county which I will always call home. With a 815 credit score, I can get enough cash to buy a property back home!

I would not condone doing that lol. And I don't think you'll have to think about that. We are very close to getting something passed.

dreamer__13 12-19-2017 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DreamerSD23 (Post 661673)

So true. It’s so annoying.

eva02 12-19-2017 01:01 PM

Get in social media and make your voices heard!!! Dems hate bad pr, they thought not shutting Rut govt down was bad pr but their getting primary threats from their base now!!!

fl_dreamer 12-19-2017 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2Face (Post 661679)
I would not condone doing that lol. And I don't think you'll have to think about that. We are very close to getting something passed.

I don’t want to do that either but I bet you my sweet ass, if push comes to shove, I will make sure I leave them bruised considering they will be crushing my heart!