DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Yeah I think I'm screwed... (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=14923)

fbgamer 05-17-2010 01:47 PM

Yeah I think I'm screwed...

So there's no possible way anyone who was brought here illegal when they were a baby can become legalized in American without having to leave right...? I was petitioned but not before April 2001 and my father is only a PR and he petitioned me.... I have no visa what so ever I got here illegally...

I'm guessing I'm pretty much screwed.... I was hoping to file for an I - 485 but I don't think I can.

Ianus 05-17-2010 02:02 PM

Re: Yeah I think I'm screwed...

Well who can say,You could gain it derivatively as well.When did you father file his application and did he place you on the application at that time.

Most of the time I find that Dreamers are eligible derivatively and not know it.

Wondering1983 05-17-2010 03:47 PM

You should really consult with a lawyer before giving up.

xav1er07 05-19-2010 04:05 AM

ha bro i was like you a year ago i use to think that no way no how i could ever get legal....but 8 months later guess what....im getting my work permit and a valid social.....in sept...of this year....and bro i was brought here illegally when i was 3 how is that you say.....well before giving you like you are about to do i went a a search to find me a good lawyer and i did after 3 months and 5 lawyers i found me a great one 1 of a kind if you ask me...im happy cuz now next fall ill be able to apply for financial aid and i woke have to worry about payin for my tuition.....its a great feeling it really is.....well if you live in southern california send me a private message and ill give you the info.....and stay positive you know never know what 3 months from now will hold for you......

fd314 05-19-2010 05:15 AM

yeah I can't give you adice...I don't have a law degree :)....all I can say is: SPEAK TO A LAWYER. He/she is the only one who can tell you what will happen.

fbgamer 05-22-2010 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xav1er07 (Post 159689)
ha bro i was like you a year ago i use to think that no way no how i could ever get legal....but 8 months later guess what....im getting my work permit and a valid social.....in sept...of this year....and bro i was brought here illegally when i was 3 how is that you say.....well before giving you like you are about to do i went a a search to find me a good lawyer and i did after 3 months and 5 lawyers i found me a great one 1 of a kind if you ask me...im happy cuz now next fall ill be able to apply for financial aid and i woke have to worry about payin for my tuition.....its a great feeling it really is.....well if you live in southern california send me a private message and ill give you the info.....and stay positive you know never know what 3 months from now will hold for you......

I live in Chicago :( ...also I'm broke and I don't have a job I don't think I can afford one... What do you think I should do?

prettyjolie 05-23-2010 12:04 AM

Fbgamer-- you can have a free consultation. I know of a few lawyers that you can call/email. PM me. And please don't give up. :)

fbgamer 05-24-2010 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prettyjolie (Post 160423)
Fbgamer-- you can have a free consultation. I know of a few lawyers that you can call/email. PM me. And please don't give up. :)

I sent you a PM

Thanks!