DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Why did Hanen leave existing DACAs intact? ELI5 (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=85021)

Got_Daca 07-18-2021 02:31 PM

Why did Hanen leave existing DACAs intact? ELI5

Says illegal yet keeps existing DACAs in place

Wtf

And says it is for appeals?

Pianoswithoutfaith 07-18-2021 02:52 PM

Re: Why did Hanen leave existing DACAs intact? ELI5

Probably because he doesn’t want his legacy to be “that one judge who ruined hundreds of thousands of lives, costed billions of revenues and taxes”

Hanen isn’t stupid

Got_Daca 07-18-2021 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pianoswithoutfaith (Post 761895)
Probably because he doesn’t want his legacy to be “that one judge who ruined hundreds of thousands of lives, costed billions of revenues and taxes”

Hanen isn’t stupid

Seems like he is saying if you appeal existing DACAs will be terminated

Outsider626 07-18-2021 03:34 PM

Because it would be a big hit for US economy if million of DACA kids lost their jobs right away

Pianoswithoutfaith 07-18-2021 03:48 PM

Hanen is an interesting judge to say the least. He has had multiple chances to kill it but didn’t. Even know he didn’t straight up murdered it as how we feared. I don’t know much about his past rulings and his reasons for it. I bet someone else has better insight on him. Let’s not forget Paxton is still a threat

IamAman 07-18-2021 05:22 PM

If he could, he would but it's hard to put the toothpaste back into the tube. I'm sure in time he will come in for the final death blow to the program however.

I can only wonder how things would have turned out if the Supreme Court was full in 2015 when they brought DAPA/Expanded DACA for appeal. If Scalia was still alive, there is a good chance that Kennedy would have voted differently but because it was an 8 member court, he likely voted against DAPA so the court could revisit it with 9 justices. And then we all know what happened with that and 2016....

You gotta admit Dreamers have had a tough go.

DACAgogue 07-18-2021 08:33 PM

I think he’s trying to phase it out. He’s using the principle that SCOTUS gave that you have to consider the reliance interests of the recipients. I think he knew that if he struck renewals down it would be immediately appealed and there’s a chance there would have been an injunction on his ruling: letting the program go forward until appeals. He did it to save face. He inflicted as much pain as he could while ensuring his ruling will stay. He says “for now” in his ruling.

Got_Daca 07-18-2021 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DACAgogue (Post 761907)
I think he’s trying to phase it out. He’s using the principle that SCOTUS gave that you have to consider the reliance interests of the recipients. I think he knew that if he struck renewals down it would be immediately appealed and there’s a chance there would have been an injunction on his ruling: letting the program go forward until appeals. He did it to save face. He inflicted as much pain as he could while ensuring his ruling will stay. He says “for now” in his ruling.

Literally postponing killing so the torture can be prolonged

Fker

dreamer12345 07-18-2021 11:17 PM

'cuz he's a scared baby back bitch

JavierHTx 07-19-2021 01:21 AM

To fuck with us.