DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   What is the status of the Dream Act (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=12614)

freshh. 10-22-2009 09:55 AM

Re: What is the status of the Dream Act

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivace (Post 144340)
This co-sponsoring is basically a preview of what's to come. These are not official votes. The senators and congressmen sponsoring the bill are basically saying that they will most likely vote FOR the bill when the time comes.

Am I right?

Yes. But they could potentially still vote against the bill or just not show up (McCain did this instead of voting no) the day voting is scheduled.

ECW 10-22-2009 11:42 AM

New House Co-sponsor:

Rep.Xavier Becerra Signed on October 21, 2009

lemony 10-24-2009 03:13 AM

Okay, so I kinda want to just wrap my head around this:

Currently there are co-sponsers. So the next step would be the bill is voted on? to be introduced to the committee. And then it goes through the house and the senate vote and then to the President... granted it doesn't have to go back and forth because of changes.

So even if it does get the votes it needs, it could be a matter of a couple years before the bill is in effect?
I'm not trying to be negative, I'm just trying to get a time frame on this if hypothetically it gets passed so I can have a plan if it doesn't.

xav1er07 10-24-2009 02:56 PM

wait wait the NEW STATUS OF THE DREAM ACT IS = NOT HAPPING THIS YEAR PERIOD....WE NOW KNOW THAT WITH QOUTES FROM DURBIN AND OTHER SEN...THAT THE DREAM ACT IS GOIN TO "PASS" WITH A CIR NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!!!!! so damit im fucken pissed off.....why couldn't they just vote on it this year and if it didn't pass put it on cir.....but no.....big fucken step backward....dammit....im so fucken pissed off!!!!:mad: well hopefully it pass then before the next fall atleast then we can apply for grants and get a job where we dont have to work 12 to 16 a day......

ECW 10-29-2009 12:39 PM

New House Co-sponsors:

Rep.Carolyn Cheeks Kilpatrick Signed on October 28, 2009

Rep.Joe Sestak Signed on October 28, 2009

juang 10-29-2009 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xav1er07 (Post 144626)
wait wait the NEW STATUS OF THE DREAM ACT IS = NOT HAPPING THIS YEAR PERIOD....WE NOW KNOW THAT WITH QOUTES FROM DURBIN AND OTHER SEN...THAT THE DREAM ACT IS GOIN TO "PASS" WITH A CIR NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!!!!! so damit im fucken pissed off.....why couldn't they just vote on it this year and if it didn't pass put it on cir.....but no.....big fucken step backward....dammit....im so fucken pissed off!!!!:mad: well hopefully it pass then before the next fall atleast then we can apply for grants and get a job where we dont have to work 12 to 16 a day......

relax, please don't make me slap you before all the members!!

J/k

But seriously, why are you surprised about this? The same story has been repeating itself since 2001. Shouldn't we all been used to it by now? Politicians don't do what benefit others, they do what benefits themselves.

ECW 11-04-2009 02:14 PM

New House Co-sponsor:

Rep.Steve Cohen Signed on November 3, 2009

ECW 11-05-2009 11:47 AM

New Senate Co-sponsor:

Sen.Herb Kohl Signed on November 4, 2009

Current co-sponsors count:

Senate 32
House 105

AVF 11-05-2009 10:37 PM

Thank you ECW for always keeping us updated. I love coming on here and seeing the post "What is the status of the dream act?" as having been updated. You've made my day many times.

This is great news for the house and especially in the senate. Why does the home page now say 51, down from 52? Who did we lose? (About a week or two ago it said 53)

Feenmi 11-05-2009 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AVF (Post 145673)
Thank you ECW for always keeping us updated. I love coming on here and seeing the post "What is the status of the dream act?" as having been updated. You've made my day many times.

This is great news for the house and especially in the senate. Why does the home page now say 51, down from 52? Who did we lose? (About a week or two ago it said 53)

I'm thinking McCain(Rep-AZ). There was some talk about him being undecided now.