DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Joining the Mexican Military (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=22784)

obsolete101891 07-05-2011 05:18 PM

Joining the Mexican Military

So my dream has always been to join the U.S Air Force, but with the way things are going right now that might not happen. So since I'm from Mexico I was thinking I'll join their military. Does any one have any more info that could shed some light on the topic? I know there's that whole Narco-War going on right now but i dont care

ecnys 07-05-2011 05:28 PM

Re: Joining the Mexican Military

Don't

http://southparkstudios-intl.mtvnima....jpg?width=480

LifeDreamer 07-05-2011 05:31 PM

Yea under the Mexican Military you are require to wash you're Sergeant Majors car on the weekends do his laundry and stand guard outside his home while he has a party...

Why not be the best and try out for the French Foreign Legion.. I've seen many documentaries and have read lots of material on it.. I know I could make it since I have years of ROTC to give me a feel of things based on trips we took to real boot camps ...

obsolete101891 07-05-2011 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LifeDreamer (Post 225178)
Yea under the Mexican Military you are require to wash you're Sergeant Majors car on the weekends do his laundry and stand guard outside his home while he has a party...

Why not be the best and try out for the French Foreign Legion.. I've seen many documentaries and have read lots of material on it.. I know I could make it since I have years of ROTC to give me a feel of things based on trips we took to real boot camps ...

What ROTC were you in? I was in NAVY for one and a half years.

Boulevard 07-05-2011 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by obsolete101891 (Post 225170)
So my dream has always been to join the U.S Air Force, but with the way things are going right now that might not happen. So since I'm from Mexico I was thinking I'll join their military. Does any one have any more info that could shed some light on the topic? I know there's that whole Narco-War going on right now but i dont care

Google the official site.

LifeDreamer 07-05-2011 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by obsolete101891 (Post 225179)
What ROTC were you in? I was in NAVY for one and a half years.

I was in the Marine Corps ROTC for 4 years straight...

I know it sucks seeing all you're friends make it.. But that's life huh...

Boulevard 07-05-2011 05:38 PM

Quote:

There is a lot of discipline and professionalism in the Mexican military. Sure, some soldiers end up being corrupt, but every country has its bad apples. What happened in Texas about a year ago(?)

obsolete101891 07-05-2011 05:42 PM

Quote:

Well I was thinking i could be on the intelligence side of things. English Speaking, College educated, I Imagine I would be a great asset to their military.

Broken Arrow 07-05-2011 09:24 PM

i have a lot of friends in the military... navy and marines... i wouldnt go joining the military from another country just cuz you cant get into this one... just wait and keep the dream alive... you got until your 28 ;) then they dont want ya anymore... if not there is a always computer games LOL ;)

2Face 07-05-2011 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LifeDreamer (Post 225181)
I was in the Marine Corps ROTC for 4 years straight...

I know it sucks seeing all you're friends make it.. But that's life huh...

Props to you for going through such a program. I knew couple people at my school who were in that and they were very disciplined. I'm sure that is something that will stick with u regardless of status..