DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   Other Topics (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   update on "crossing over" movie (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=9829)

Ed 02-28-2009 09:30 PM

update on "crossing over" movie

i thought it was coming out nationwide, but i guess its on limited release, and unfortunately its not coming out anywhere out where i live, and from what ive known so far, LA and NY, are the only places, not even the SF is showing it, which is pretty stupid. the reviews so far, have been mixed. some citing, its like the movie "Traffic" b/c it tackles a huge issue (at that time, racism). and some have said there were so many storylines in the movie, that it was confusing, and was dull at times, harrison ford, being the only shining moment in the movie. i was wondering if anyone has seen it?. and can you post your thoughts on this very meaningful movie.

*Edited on 05/05/2009

I recently watched the movie "Crossing Over". A lot of people had mixed emotions about it, and ironically i am proud that it showed both sides of the immigration issue. Not just our side, I guess movies nowadays, if done from a political aspect, try to be bias. I thought this was an unbiased movie, personally. I like the fact that an Austrian immigrant woman, was trying to obtain a fake id/fake papers. It shows that everyone not just people of hispanic descent do things illegal, Most are not proud of it. I would assume they were trying to break that stereotype. which brings me to my next point, one main message was that all of these people experienced hardship, some are in a desperate situation, which makes them do whatever they can to survive/get legal papers. I don't condone getting any fake documents, but what the director was trying to do, was to show the viewers that this happens every single day. This is the reality of people trying to survive. Some might see it as wrong, some might see it as an act of desperation, but its reality and I applaud the director for that. I also like the fact that they took people of different nationalities. Immigrants are from everywhere. and yes there is a dreamie in this movie. I think she did a good job playing her role.

If you have seen the movie Traffic, it has a great resemblance of how this movie was directed (maybe cuz its the same director lol). I would recommend it to anyone.

juang 03-01-2009 12:30 AM

Re: update on "crossing over" movie

I think it is good for you Ed that you haven't been able to see this movie. Gift told me that it makes women cry.

j/k

Go see it if you want, I woulnd't go even if Alizee begged me to go and see it with her.

dream3320 03-02-2009 12:01 AM

I went to NYC today and watched the movie.
It was a bit confusing and controversial yet a good overall movie..
I didn't like how in some parts, illegal were portrayed as criminals and as anti-american but then again there were also the other cases that portrayed innocent illegal immigrants trying to make it in this country. It has many plots that you need to keep up with and I'm still debating on whether it was made towards the pro or anti immigrant side.
Harrison Ford's character seemed like a very sympathetic guy to be working as a chief officer of ICE and in some parts it kinda portrayed that it was very easy to get a green card but didn't necessarily showed the process.

Bottom line is that it was a very good movie and it is extremely thought provoking, it makes you think about the movie's point and it also makes you think about your life and once again reminds you that noone is safe, they can knock on our doors tomorrow and that's the end of our dream.

I suggest that anyone who lives close to a movie theater where it's showing should go watch it and if you don't then just wait because I'm pretty sure it will come out on every theater soon.

Gateway89 03-02-2009 01:08 AM

You can download this movie at Torrent.

Dreamer X 03-02-2009 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gateway89 (Post 120327)
You can download this movie at Torrent.

i want the torrent. Where did you find it?

Ark 04-30-2009 11:45 PM

According to IMDB, it's coming out on DVD on June 9, 2009. I guess it didn't do well on its limited theatrical release.

ChivasTheGreat 05-01-2009 01:57 PM

It is all over the internet, if anyone wants a link to watch it online send me a Private Message

Ed 05-01-2009 03:06 PM

ya its up, if ppl know how to use torrents, the limited screener quality is out right now, which is the best avail. as of right now.

ChivasTheGreat 05-01-2009 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ed (Post 127448)
ya its up, if ppl know how to use torrents, the limited screener quality is out right now, which is the best avail. as of right now.

You don't even need torrents you can watch it online with good quality, I saw it this morning.

If anyone else needs the link to watch it hit me up.

Jose313 05-01-2009 05:15 PM

Yeah i got the torrent on Monday i didn't really like it (movie) really put a negative twist on Illegal Immigration.

I like downloading torrents from private trackers zero viruses.

many of the public torrent trackers and those site that stream movies tend to have hidden viruses(Trojans) i avoid them.