DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The News Room (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   DOJ, Texas Injunction (TL/DR) (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=82116)

Carlo 06-09-2018 06:45 PM

DOJ, Texas Injunction (TL/DR)

So there's post titled "DOJ responds to Texas and other states’ on DACA" on an earlier thread and it felt like people were running around with their dicks cut off. So I thought I'd clear some things up.

Here's the article you should read instead of pressing the panic button:
https://www.buzzfeed.com/chrisgeidne...GgjO#.ly2v87Ng

In summary:

1. The DOJ expects, and everyone already knows, that the Texas lawsuit is probably going to go against us. And Judge Hanen will issue a preliminary injunction.

2. This will result in the DOJ having two opposing orders: 1) from CA and NY, to allow DACA to continue and 2) from Texas, to end DACA

3. This will cause a conflict (like your mom saying it's not ok to go out and your dad saying it's ok to go out), which should the DOJ follow? (Apparently, it's not as simple as 2 vs 1, correct me if I'm wrong).

4. Therefore DOJ issued a memo asking Judge Hanen to stay the injunction so that the supreme court can change its mind about not taking up the DACA issue ASAP.

Conclusion:

The supreme court rejected DOJ's initial request to take up DACA ASAP, and told them to take their case to the US Court of Appeals first, then come back to them if they don't like the verdict there. This is the normal procedure, but jeff sessions is a jackass so he wants to get rid of us faster. He left with his tail between his legs because of that verdict. Now he's back with a smug smile because he can say, "look, you should take this case up ASAP because of these conflicting court injunctions."

Result:

Yes, if the Supreme court agrees with sessions, then we could lose time that we could be applying, having to apply to the US Court of Appeals would have given us more time to apply. Plus, there was a good chance they would have agreed in our favor. Basically, Sessions is trying to skip an extra step. Will they? Well that's the question, isn't it?

Important dates:

1. July 17, 2018, judge Hanen will most likely agree to stay the injunction for 14 days.

2. July 17 - 14 days later, Supreme court will probably decide whether to take up the case or not.

Other things to think about:

What happens if the supreme court rejects the DOJ's request? Is the 2 v 1 injunction case going to mean, daca stays because we have more in favor?

Lastly:

1. People should already be working on a plan b, c, d. If you haven't heard, here is it, "make a plan b, c, etc". Now stop posting that shit over and over again.

2. Calm down with these panic replies. Hit the gym or something. God, some of you guys make DAP a shittier place.

Got_Daca 06-09-2018 07:58 PM

Re: DOJ, Texas Injunction (TL/DR)

There is no plan b.

I am here to stay.

Hallowpoint1911 06-09-2018 08:01 PM

Thanks for making sense out of all this.

Michcio07 06-09-2018 08:25 PM

The faster this thing gets to Supreme Court the faster we get to know our shit - cuz either congress will have to act and actually do something or they will say that they agree to disagree on how to tackle this issue and we all expire. Either way we will be in the known.

NOW with all of that said....

It is almost impossible that congress won't do anything because of the state of the economy if there were 500,000 people that would leave their jobs.. it would cause a hell lot of more problems to the U.S. as they are unable to keep up with the demand of ppl as it is.... and no matter if you are a republican or a democrat you can't allow that to happen.

Just my 5 cents.

jwxie518 06-09-2018 08:26 PM

Smh ok calm down.

dreamer__13 06-09-2018 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got_Daca (Post 708084)
There is no plan b.

I am here to stay.

I usually don’t like your posts but sometimes I’m like damn his post is on point.

PhelonOne87 06-09-2018 08:57 PM

Quote:

There is no plan b.

I am here to stay.

https://image.ibb.co/gMahXo/924_F625...EB94_BB9_E.jpg

libertarian1776 06-09-2018 09:28 PM

we’ll be fine. dont stress about it, keep living life!

anon.nona 06-09-2018 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by libertarian1776 (Post 708099)
we’ll be fine. dont stress about it, keep living life!

Plus 1.

I regret not taking a job offer I was given right around when DACA was cancelled.

EMejia 06-09-2018 11:14 PM

Quote:

There is no plan b.

I am here to stay.

Facts.