DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   IF Romney becomes the next U.S President? (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=32646)

Forum313 10-06-2012 02:57 PM

IF Romney becomes the next U.S President?

Please don't come in saying he doesn't have a chance, this is just a what IF thread :D

How will this affect your decisions? you have two years! use time wisely!

Will you go to school, graduate and move once the two years are up? meet that someone special? or just work and earn as much money as possible?

JJ Glo 10-06-2012 02:58 PM

Re: IF Romney becomes the next U.S President?

Get married.

Chyno 10-06-2012 03:22 PM

Live life.

Moizy 10-06-2012 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJ Glo (Post 331690)
Get married.

This.

If romney becomes president, your life will be restricted but you WILL have money.

pakapoa 10-06-2012 04:22 PM

he might just hand out something like DACA just to keep those latino votes for his second term. so i think it will be the same as now.

Ianus 10-06-2012 04:31 PM

It is dependent on the voter turnout on Nov. 11th.I think most Dreamers just hope the current President doesn't become 'YOPO'.

If Romney becomes President his advisory concerning immigration is going to become the real problem.I think the immigration enforcement statistics could actually surpass that of Obama or Bush's stance and removal statistics will likely be over 400,000.I don't think DACA will be still be around should Romney become President.Nowhere did I see him mention that he would continue what President Obama's staff has done administratively.

JPerezR 10-06-2012 07:36 PM

If he wins, I doubt he will introduce immigration reform like hey says he will. I think he is completely full uf bs.

He will definitely get rid of Daca. But he might replace it with a program much more difficult to qualify for. Or one that will require mandatory military service.

Pesos 10-06-2012 08:08 PM

It doesn't matter who become President, what matters is who controls the House and Senate.

If Obama wins and the Republicans own House and/or senate: Nothing will happen.
If Obama wins and the Democrats own the House and/or Senate: Dream Act/Immigration reform will happen.

If Romney wins and the Democrats own the House/Senate: Dream Act/Reform could happen (if Romney signs).
If Romney wins and the Republicans own the House/Senate: Nothing will happen.

But no matter what happens, I'll keep studying. The Government cannot control me.

JJ Glo 10-06-2012 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pesos (Post 331873)

If Romney wins and the Democrats own the House/Senate: Dream Act/Reform could happen (if Romney signs).
If Romney wins and the Republicans own the House/Senate: Nothing will happen.

Actaully, Romney has already said he would veto the Dream Act.

canelita85 10-06-2012 08:16 PM

to be honest with everybody my husband and i were thinking of getting divorce and go the other way ( you know which one) but we gave it a lot of though and suddenly this daca thing came up and we put on hold our thoughts..... if Obama gets elected i don't know if he is going to do something or not for sure ( he didn't do anything in his first 4 years, so what makes this new 4 years different) but if he is the president at least i know i would have daca for at least 4 ish years... then after that idk man, probably back to square one and do what we were thinking.... i hope not... i really hope not.... i want to do good, i want to see this country grow for everybody....

If Romney gets elected i'll cross fingers for everyone who applied for daca..... (including me) not to get deported after the 2 years because of them having all info from us...... i really hope so they give us a break..... i really would have no idea what to do back to my country, wouldn't know anyone, would have to "learn" a new language ( i do speak and write spanish, but for sure not a college degree, for me to get a professional job) ..... and for sure i don't want to go and live under my in-laws roof.... anyways just hoping for the best for everyone ....