DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   come to think of it... this is really really tough issue (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=81062)

DACAuser 02-23-2018 03:08 AM

come to think of it... this is really really tough issue

i think we will eventually get legalized.. what about next generation of "dreamers "?

2MoreYears 02-23-2018 09:55 AM

Re: come to think of it... this is really really tough issue

There will always be an immigration issue. Current DACAers will be remembered as the original dreamers :/

AleiaTheEnchanted 02-23-2018 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DACAuser (Post 693611)
i think we will eventually get legalized.. what about next generation of "dreamers "?

Agreed. There will always be dreamers. Technically we aren't the original as there are older Dreamers out there that are in their late 30s and early 40s that didnt meet the DACA requirement. However, we got very lucky as Obama was in the seat and saved us from deportation. This gave people awareness and DACA came into place. But yes overall there will always be Dreamers.

DreamerSD23 02-23-2018 12:07 PM

I'm not sure there will be dreamers in the future because of the technology at the border increasing and the tracking that ICE has.

Also because of prioritized enforcement, recent overstays will be targeted first.

We are likely the last generation of dreamers, at least there won't be 10K+ dreamers in future generations.

jwxie518 02-23-2018 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DACAuser (Post 693611)

Probably a good idea to stop them coming... but hey, there is no DA yet. I am going to be afraid the future legislation will have a hard cutoff and it will be something like prior to 2015, so tell y' family thinking about bringing little kids over - DON'T. If there is no solution for them, they will just become us and it ain't fun.

But that's my view, whatever.

IamAman 02-23-2018 10:37 PM

I wouldn't wish this hell on any future dreamers.

Got_Daca 02-23-2018 11:26 PM

You worry about yourself, they will worry about themselves

john_smith 02-24-2018 03:29 AM

There will probably be a small population, but very negligible numbers, and we are talking about the distant future, and most of them haven't even been born yet. They won't know people already lived the struggle they might be living. There won't be that many because new laws will be put in place including surveillance, and increased border security.

jorgeag92 02-24-2018 04:47 AM

future dreamers will lobby the current dreamers who will be in Congress, and this time we will see once upon a time dreamers vote to stall legislation lmao

dreamerinprogess 02-24-2018 10:11 AM

no its not, if they legalized them 1986, they can easily legalize a much smaller population in2018