DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Do not use usps priority!!!! (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=30830)

GiveMeAChance 08-30-2012 07:26 PM

Do not use usps priority!!!!

Well... I guess in the end USPS Priority did its job. I sent it on the 25th and it was delivered on the 28th. HOWEVER, I was worried out of my mind all last week. USPS tracking stopped updating on the 28th obviously because it was delivered on that day but I had no idea because tracking info never updated. In fact, my package "is still out for delivery" as of today.

I called USPS on the fourth day (29th) and they CONFIRMED that my package had not been delivered yet and told me to call again on the fifth day if tracking didnt update. I called on the fifth day (30th) and they "opened an investigation", gave me a case number, and told me to expect a call within one business day. On the sixth day I patiently waited for a call I have YET to receive. It wasn't until about 5:30pm when I was able to breath again after I got my two texts/emails from USCIS confirming the delivery on Aug 28, 3 days after indent it.

What a hassle!!!

So I guess if you send it priority give it a week before you start to worry

VJB2 08-30-2012 07:29 PM

Re: Do not use usps priority!!!!

It needs to be USPS EXPRESS.

nesto90 08-30-2012 07:34 PM

I sent mine on the 23th with priority flat rate envelope, I wish I bought delivery confirmation. I also live an hour away from Chicago. If I don't get text/email notification by tomorrow Im going to be worried.

Tortoise77 08-30-2012 07:35 PM

I sent mine through priority on tuesday and I check the tracking and it says it has been delivered. I sent mine to the chicago lockbox not the p.o box. Yours hasnt been delivered at all? Did you get a tracking number? If so when was the last place it was tracked? Did it even leave the post office? Im worried my package might be delayed since i mailed it through the express address with priority.

GiveMeAChance 08-30-2012 07:38 PM

This is all the info I've gotten:

The delivery status for this item has not been updated as of August 28, 2012, 1:21 am.

-Out for Delivery, August 27, 2012, 11:21 am, CHICAGO, IL 60604
-Sorting Complete, August 27, 2012, 11:11 am, CHICAGO, IL 60604
-Arrival at Post Office, August 27, 2012, 6:05 am, CHICAGO, IL 60604
-Depart USPS Sort Facility, August 27, 2012, CHICAGO, IL 60701
-Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility, August 26, 2012, 10:02 pm, CHICAGO, IL 60701

After aug 28 it stopped updating

Tortoise77 08-30-2012 07:44 PM

Maybe you should call the last place it was? Im starting to think there are assholes out there knowing where these packages are going and what they are and making them dissapear. I dont know its just a thought that has crossed my mind. You know? Anti immigrant people or something. I really hope your package didnt get lost :/

GiveMeAChance 08-30-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tortoise77 (Post 291086)
Maybe you should call the last place it was? Im starting to think there are assholes out there knowing where these packages are going and what they are and making them dissapear. I dont know its just a thought that has crossed my mind. You know? Anti immigrant people or something. I really hope your package didnt get lost :/

I did call. I have a case number for the investigation. I should receive a call before the end of the business day tomorrow :-(

g33k 08-30-2012 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GiveMeAChance (Post 291089)
I did call. I have a case number for the investigation. I should receive a call before the end of the business day tomorrow :-(

What sucks is that if it gets lost, your info is at risk.

thatserafimkid 08-30-2012 07:54 PM

Why would someone not use Express? It only costs 18.50 for the flat rate envelope. It gets there in one business day and you get tracking information. I feel that is more than worth the $20.

GiveMeAChance 08-30-2012 07:55 PM

8-O that never even crossed my mind!!!