DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Will previous record of Marriage Fraud affect U.S Citizen from future petition? (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=77100)

99Problems 06-20-2017 05:21 PM

Will previous record of Marriage Fraud affect U.S Citizen from future petition?

Long story short, U.S. citizen petitioned fiance(not married at the time) 1 years ago and failed the interview at foreign consulate. Consulate suspected marriage fraud. Relationship failed apart after that.

U.S. citizen is in a relationship someone else. Will previous record of Marriage Fraud affect U.S Citizen from future petition?

JohannBernoulli1667 06-20-2017 05:27 PM

Re: Will previous record of Marriage Fraud affect U.S Citizen from future petition?

Probably not officially but you can probably count on it.

Pianoswithoutfaith 06-20-2017 05:28 PM

Re: Will previous record of Marriage Fraud affect U.S Citizen from future petition?

Are you the USC or are they?

It shouldn't affect it - what was that was that and what is this is this . Two different cases, however, that USC person will be flagged to be extra careful with them

MIdreamer 06-20-2017 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pianoswithoutfaith (Post 615835)
Are you the USC or are they?

It shouldn't affect it - what was that was that and what is this is this . Two different cases, however, that USC person will be flagged to be extra careful with them

It will be hard.

Are you under DACA?

99Problems 06-20-2017 05:37 PM

My girlfriend is the USC. I'm under DACA.

BeeHive 06-20-2017 05:45 PM

Can you tell us why they failed your case? Or why do you think the agent thought your marriage was a fraud?

Was it not enough evidence? Not living together?

99Problems 06-20-2017 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeeHive (Post 615838)
Can you tell us why they failed your case? Or why do you think the agent thought your marriage was a fraud?

Was it not enough evidence? Not living together?

They were living in different countries at the time and the interviewer was super harsh during the interview. They didn't provide enough evidences and they answered some questions incorrectly.

AztecAztec 06-20-2017 09:41 PM

They will note it, but as long as you pass the sniff test, it should be OK.

Since you are under DACA it is easier to get married, joint bank accounts, joint lease, etc. that makes it easier to prove you are really married.

Demise 06-21-2017 04:23 AM

Not for a K-1, mainly because you're not married at that time, yet.

They might look closer at your current relationship but not like you'll need a waiver or anything.

99Problems 06-21-2017 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demise (Post 615861)
Not for a K-1, mainly because you're not married at that time, yet.

They might look closer at your current relationship but not like you'll need a waiver or anything.

Looks like I will need a waiver since I entered without inspection. This is going to be a very complicated case. I will talk to a lawyer next week.