DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The News Room (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Dreamers increase pressure on the White House (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=27851)

lilbawler2001 05-29-2012 03:15 PM

Dreamers increase pressure on the White House

Quote:

WASHINGTON, DC-Young people are restless. After fruitless talks with the government, now enlisted the support of 96 academics, immigration experts from prestigious universities, to clarify, in writing, that President Barack Obama can grant administrative relief .
The president and his top advisers have said in public and private sectors. "The government must comply with immigration laws," and it is not possible to issue an executive order for the entire group of young people who would benefit from the bill .
Earlier this month, a full speech devoted to immigration, the director of the Domestic Policy Council in the White House, Cecilia Munoz, reiterated this message.

"It's a misconception that the administrative tools alone are a sufficient remedy. The government hopes to set standards for immigration enforcement that will endure and provide a necessary function rationality important for law enforcement, and always look for ways to strengthen these efforts. But if we address the problem of illegal immigration at its base, Congress has to accept responsibility, "he said.

The Dreamers, however, do not accept this response. In a letter sent yesterday, the Administration, recruited the support of young law professors, immigration experts, from universities such as UCLA, Yale, Harvard, University of Miami, New York, Arizona, to name a few.

In the letter of 10 pages, specifies that there are solutions. "We write only to explain that there is a clear executive authority, in various forms of administrative relief for those who qualify in the bill Sleep." These deferred action, parole at the place and deferred enforced departure.

The first allows the person to stay temporarily in the U.S. and to access a work permit during this time. After that you must apply for a renewal.

The second eliminates the need for beneficiaries to return to their countries, risking that they apply the penalties of 3 to 10 years for reentry. The latter, usually awarded on the basis of nationality and is associated with extreme conditions in the countries of origin.

In an internal memo sent to the Director of the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration, Alejandro Mayorkas, at the beginning of the Obama administration, had already mentioned the first two options as alternatives to grant administrative relief of the undocumented population.

The Dreamers have deployed the campaign "Right to Dream", which includes protests, marches and rallies, in states like Arizona, Arkanzas, California, Florida, Oklahoma, Texas and Wausau. The main objective is that the President shall give administrative relief through an executive order.
http://www.laopinion.com/dream_act_e...on_casa_blanca

Smooth 05-29-2012 03:38 PM

Re: Dreamers increase pressure on the White House

Let's assume that the Rubio bill is presented and goes down in flames. And then, let's imagine that Obama grants administrative/executive relief. I don't know wtf the Obama administration would say to save face, "Well, I know that I [Obama] and other members of my administration have said in the past that relief cannot be provided executively. But fortunately, one night the immigration fairy fucking godmother appeared at the oval office, waved her fucking wand, and showed me and the other members of administration that relief can be provided . . ."

iDream 05-29-2012 03:46 PM

Forget the DREAM ACT!
Give me a permit to stay and work..
Any kind of relief is better than what my situation now!!!! fuck.........

Smooth 05-29-2012 03:50 PM

If executive relief is our only option in the foreseeable future and it does happen, alot of DREAMERS are going to be happy yet pissed off at the same time because shit could have been done earlier.

lilbawler2001 05-29-2012 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smooth (Post 256922)
Let's assume that the Rubio bill is presented and goes down in flames. And then, let's imagine that Obama grants administrative/executive relief. I don't know wtf the Obama administration would say to save face, "Well, I know that I [Obama] and other members of my administration have said in the past that relief cannot be provided executively. But fortunately, one night the immigration fucking fairy godmother appeared at the oval office, waved her fucking wand, and showed me and the other members of administration that relief can be provided . . ."

The fact that the Obama administration is even denying they have the ability to do something that THEIR OWN director of USCIS mentioned that they could do shows that they don't give a damn about our plight. They don't have a problem implementing Scomm and deporting record amounts of people though. When will this administration finally stop trying to please the right wing republicans on immigration? I heard Jeff Sessions on TV the other day STILL talking about we have to secure the border and enforce our immigration laws. These republicans Barack Obama is trying to please will never be satisfied with anything else than mass deportation( Obama definitely doesn't seem to mind inching towards that goal himself though...judging from how many people his administration has deported so far!)
Quote:

In an internal memo sent to the Director of the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration, Alejandro Mayorkas, at the beginning of the Obama administration, had already mentioned the first two options as alternatives to grant administrative relief of the undocumented population.

2Face 05-29-2012 03:57 PM

If it's possible..I have just one question..the fuck are u waiting for?

iDream 05-29-2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smooth (Post 256925)
If executive relief is our only option in the foreseeable future and it does happen, alot of DREAMERS are going to be happy yet pissed off at the same time because shit could have been done earlier.

Especially for the older dreamers.. But then again i think all of us would be thankful that some sort of relief happened. And i think we'll be too busy focusing on trying to get our shit together to even pay attention or to waste our energy to be angry at them to what couldve happen if they gave us some sort of releif from the beginning. So, if i was given the relief tomorrow first thing ill do is get my fuckin i.d and start looking for another job. And start from there.

Rev_Scholar 05-29-2012 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2Face (Post 256929)
If it's possible..I have just one question..the fuck are u waiting for?

If they gave out an EO, they would jeopardize their jobs/career/public support for their party. It would give the Republicans some strong stuff to use against the Democrats/Obama. Anyways, once you think about it, their political careers should mean absolutely NOTHING if they're relieving the suffering of millions of human beings. Seriously you Demo.s? Get your priorities straight and think a bit philosophically for once.

lilbawler2001 05-29-2012 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev_Scholar (Post 256939)
If they gave out an EO, they would jeopardize their jobs/career/public support for their party. It would give the Republicans some strong stuff to use against the Democrats/Obama. Anyways, once you think about it, their political careers should mean absolutely NOTHING if they're relieving the suffering of millions of human beings. Seriously you Demo.s? Get your priorities straight and think a bit philosophically for once.

Please elaborate! Obama stands to gain more than he has to lose. If republicans criticize the president too strongly over something like that, they will only alienate even more Latino voters. There is very strong public support for helping dreamers in almost every poll out there. The voters that are going to vote against democrats/Obama are going to do so regardless!

SaintD 05-29-2012 05:01 PM

The republican party has brought this upon themselves. They have put the legislative process on hold. The only way to circumvent their block is EO.