DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   Other Topics (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Serious question: Where do you guys get healthcare? (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=27938)

MalditoDuende 06-09-2012 01:48 PM

Serious question: Where do you guys get healthcare?

I havent seen a doctor since I was eleven and lately I've been feeling short of breath and also a tightening sensation on my chest. Web MD is telling it could be anything from a pulmonary embolism, asthma, and allergy, a collapsed lung or pre leukemia. So as you can imagine, I am scared shitless. Where can I go to seek medical attention?

MIdreamer 06-09-2012 02:01 PM

Re: Serious question: Where do you guys get healthcare?

Bring your passport to a small local privately owned hospital.

kikibay92 06-09-2012 05:40 PM

In NYC, all children under the age 19 and pregnant women are automatically eligible for medical care. In college, you can pay extra to get health insurance. Status is irrelevant. lol

cacheton011 06-09-2012 07:12 PM

I had similar symptoms a while back. I was diagnosed with hypertension and high cholesterol. I also had minimal pain near my heart. Start by checking your blood pressure at Wal-Mart. If abnormal, go to any "free" clinic near your area. You'll probably pay about $40 plus whatever exams they run on you.

I got rid of my symptoms by exercising and eating lots of nutritious foods. I stopped eating stuff like cheeseburgers, burritos, chorizo, chiles rellenos, fries, pizza.....etc

CosmicNightmare 06-09-2012 07:43 PM

My tonsils have been super swollen for over 6 months. I have a weird bump/lump growing from my bone on my left leg, I have terrible anxiety, and I have a torn/damaged tendon on my left wrist.

No money, no status, no doctor.

it sucks but what can you do...

MaskedLuchador 06-09-2012 10:25 PM

I go to the ghetto clinics when I'm broke.

Dres2011 06-10-2012 01:59 AM

If it's serious, no choice but the Emergency room.

omar51286 06-12-2012 03:21 AM

do some research on you area, there are programs for low income people including undocumented immigrants.

drvenom 06-25-2012 06:30 PM

There is a clinic at my school, so that's where I get mine. However, I get my health care at local community clinics during the summer.

judy21 06-26-2012 01:27 PM

I usually go to clinics when i get sick , but you have to pay if you have no insurance which most of us don't have . I do know pregnant women do get medical care if you cant afford it , but only because of the baby after that the medical care goes to your baby after is born and won't cover the pregnant women no more.