DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   New Daca form to be released (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=43596)

845mph 04-08-2013 10:01 PM

New Daca form to be released

Good evening everyone, so I was browsing the USCIS website tonight and noticed that they are going to post a new edition of the DACA form.

It says it right on the form site...
Quote:

A new edition of this form is coming soon. In the meantime, customers may file using the 08/15/12 edition.
Either way, I was thinking what could it be..Do you think they are just updating some minor things to improve the speed and handling of the application or do you think that this will be a part of the immigration reform that will grant us a citizenship?

JJ Glo 04-08-2013 10:02 PM

Re: New Daca form to be released

I think they're just going to change some minor details to get the applications moving along faster.

845mph 04-08-2013 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJ Glo (Post 456134)
I think they're just going to change some minor details to get the applications moving along faster.

I hope so lol, I filled my application the very next day it came out, but I never mailed it. I figured I would just wait for the immigration reform because I was sure it would happen sooner or later this year...

Dream_On 04-08-2013 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 845mph (Post 456136)
I hope so lol, I filled my application the very next day it came out, but I never mailed it. I figured I would just wait for the immigration reform because I was sure it would happen sooner or later this year...

....but why??

Happyman0607 04-08-2013 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dream_On (Post 456169)
....but why??

Cause he wants to wait in line with 12 million people duhhh :)

acthorson 04-09-2013 09:37 AM

why wouldn't you take advantage of DACA now? I'm thinking that when CIR passes, being approved for this will help us out a lot. They would already have all our info and proof that will be required for the DREAM Act, and we have our SSN and IDs, it only seems as though it would help people like us move faster in line . Well at least.... I hope haha. But oh well to each its own.

hawkgutz 04-09-2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 845mph (Post 456136)

I would advise against this. I was in the same situation back in 2009 when CIR looked very possible, or at least the DREAM Act. I could have applied through my parents (over 21 unmarried son) but decided to wait for CIR, it never came. So, I basically wasted 1 1/2 years. Not to be pessimistic but CIR is not guaranteed, no one really knows what could happen.

AlexanderMQ 04-09-2013 10:17 AM

Yeah and right now there is a new attack on immigration reform and that is THE PRICE TAG :-/ it's not looking good.....I would apply for DACA if I were you

beachgirlx19 04-09-2013 10:19 AM

I sent my DACA application the NEXT day it came out haha, and I got my stuff in November. I was so happy. and even when the reform passes, US dreamers are first in line, and even more first (if that makes any sense) if the approved DACA applicants.

845mph 04-09-2013 09:15 PM

The main reason I didn't want to send my information over was because I didn't consider the DACA as a fair or adequate process to the people like me, or you.

Although I'm aware that most of you will be butthurt and tell me I should be thankful for just this little thing, it isn't enough. You traded all your personal information including all of your addresses, siblings, bank statements for a 2 year long work-permit that "might" be renewed after the two years.

Think about it for a second, and especially after Obama..What if Republicans will take over, what if they start to think that the whole Immigration Reform is not such a good idea knowing that some of the illegal immigrants take advantage of the system and are costing tax payers big amount of money.

There's a other side of the story too.

Until I am guaranteed a permanent residency in the U.S. I refuse to send my information to the government.

Just remember, things can change quickly, and they have all the details you gave them.