DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Thoughts on AP, Advance Parole (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=84407)

Manhattan2017 06-19-2020 07:52 PM

Thoughts on AP, Advance Parole

Hi guys, Great news re: DACA via the Supreme Court yesterday. Was wonderfully welcome news in the midst of a horrific presidential administration.

Gonna keep this short: but just to advise TO PLEASE WAIT UNTIL at least after NOV 2020 to see how it can be reinstated/utilized.

Think of what you are risking by exiting the country NOW, at a time when Trump seems to be getting more hostile by the minute. From this weekend onward, certain visa holders will no longer be able to reenter the US after taking a trip abroad.

Sure if you have some imminent concern like an extremely sick parent etc perhaps understandable, but otherwise, we've already waited so long.. is now the time to be risking our fate over something like "traveling the world"?

Think about that guys. The best we can do right now is to encourage citizens to register to vote this November.

beingoflight 06-19-2020 09:33 PM

Re: Thoughts on AP, Advance Parole

Wait until the pandemic ends(there is a cure for covid19) too...

Atelier 06-19-2020 11:19 PM

I’ll do it only because with a ewi on record (or lack there of) even married to a us citizen it’s still the most sure thing out there in my situation.

Atelier 06-19-2020 11:21 PM

The last time I thought about waiting on AP it was taken away before I even got that chance so it’s worth the risk in my opinion. What if that option gets taken off the table again before the pandemic ends. We live in uncertainty and have to handle things with the limited options we have.

Manhattan2017 06-20-2020 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atelier (Post 749047)
The last time I thought about waiting on AP it was taken away before I even got that chance so it’s worth the risk in my opinion. What if that option gets taken off the table again before the pandemic ends. We live in uncertainty and have to handle things with the limited options we have.

Sure if the outcome of never being able to the US is worth the risk, then go ahead!
Maybe for me and many others, being able to live and work here means everything to us

Atelier 06-20-2020 12:34 PM

I know it’s a personal choice for sure so it’s up to the individual. For me the risk is worth the reward.

IamAman 06-20-2020 12:48 PM

It's a risk. Worst case scenario is you get AP, leave the country, virus hits and borders are closed for all non-citizens/green card holders, and while you're stuck in another country, DACA and AP is gone.

2Face 06-20-2020 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IamAman (Post 749082)
It's a risk. Worst case scenario is you get AP, leave the country, virus hits and borders are closed for all non-citizens/green card holders, and while you're stuck in another country, DACA and AP is gone.

This is the biggest risk. Some countries implemented lockdowns where they shut down all flights. What if you can't catch a flight back? You'll be in the worst case...since you're not a citizen of U.S. you can't get help from American embassy to arrange a flight for you back. I don't think anyone should travel at least for another year or so.

FLDreamerrr 06-20-2020 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2Face (Post 749091)
This is the biggest risk. Some countries implemented lockdowns where they shut down all flights. What if you can't catch a flight back? You'll be in the worst case...since you're not a citizen of U.S. you can't get help from American embassy to arrange a flight for you back. I don't think anyone should travel at least for another year or so.

Stop scaring people like that. Yes it’s a risk , but even if the country was to lockdown I’m sure the media would give at least a 24 hour notice like all the other times

Consult a lawyer if you’re planning on doing this , not some forums where people give their personal opinions to try to fear monger you into doing what they want you to do

2Face 06-20-2020 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLDreamerrr (Post 749092)
Stop scaring people like that. Yes it’s a risk , but even if the country was to lockdown I’m sure the media would give at least a 24 hour notice like all the other times

Consult a lawyer if you’re planning on doing this , not some forums where people give their personal opinions to try to fear monger you into doing what they want you to do

Lol common, do you think it would be easy to change your flight within 24 hours? Based on what we've already seen in past few months, you can potentially get into a NIGHTMARE scenario if you're stuck overseas. Demand would skyrocket and it would be virtually impossible to get a flight back home. Lawyers will not predict when the 2nd wave of COVID hits. And don't forget U.S. is number 1 hotspot right now, other countries might restrict travel to and from here and vice versa.